Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Started by Dinny Breen, June 21, 2016, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 01, 2019, 08:54:01 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 30, 2019, 11:39:22 PM
Am not sure the budget for this fight but it was written very poorly. Filmed shocking dark, and in general the last 3/4season build up to Jon Snow night King face off didn't materialise. Pure crap then you compare the legendary night fight at Helms deep in LOTR. Lighting the biggest issue.

I didn't get this at the time but apparently the dead dragon was protecting the Garden where The Night King was going for Bran. Jon couldn't get past it and the bit where he jumped in front of the dragon and appeared to just shout at it, was in fact him distracting the dragon shouting "go" so that Arya could run past into the garden. A few seconds later it cuts to one of the long haired generals and a slight gust of wind blowing his hair, which was apparently Arya running past him to jump the Night King. So Jon did in fact sacrafice his life in order to enable Arya to kill the Night King.

Brilliant.  I just re-watched that scene and I couldn't argue with this.

maddog

Quote from: gander on May 01, 2019, 11:13:22 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on May 01, 2019, 11:00:45 AM
I don't think it was though, cause the red lady had already lit all the Dhotraki swords and he was grand. He just said it was cause they didn't have a hope
If the theory about Bran being the Lord of Light is true and JS, Beric and the hound are all fire wights having been brought back from the dead
hound wasnt brought back from the dead tho was he?

Its a while back in the show but is there a possibility he actually died after the dust up with Brienne ? Can't remember well enough the detail but think Ayra denied him a mercy killing but just left him out there.

gander

Quote from: maddog on May 01, 2019, 11:42:56 AM
Quote from: gander on May 01, 2019, 11:13:22 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on May 01, 2019, 11:00:45 AM
I don't think it was though, cause the red lady had already lit all the Dhotraki swords and he was grand. He just said it was cause they didn't have a hope
If the theory about Bran being the Lord of Light is true and JS, Beric and the hound are all fire wights having been brought back from the dead
hound wasnt brought back from the dead tho was he?

Its a while back in the show but is there a possibility he actually died after the dust up with Brienne ? Can't remember well enough the detail but think Ayra denied him a mercy killing but just left him out there.

no he almost died but yer man from deadwood found him

redcard

Season 1 Episode 8 as Tyrion and Bronn head towards Tywin Lannister's camp he says to Bronn if anyone asks him to kill him he must remember whatever the price Tyrion will double it.
I assume Bronn will remember this.

gander

Quote from: redcard on May 02, 2019, 09:57:22 AM
Season 1 Episode 8 as Tyrion and Bronn head towards Tywin Lannister's camp he says to Bronn if anyone asks him to kill him he must remember whatever the price Tyrion will double it.
I assume Bronn will remember this.

seem to be refering back to old episodes a lot this season so probably.  Plus he already has the gold

nrico2006

The hound was taking a breakdown because he felt it was hopeless trying to fight them; he was ok with the fire.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 02, 2019, 01:11:06 PM
The hound was taking a breakdown because he felt it was hopeless trying to fight them; he was ok with the fire.

Well I'd say the fire didn't help his breakdown!!!

redcard

The hound looked out for Sansa on a few occasions in series one. Wonder will this be acknowledged/remembered before the end of the series???

tintin25

Couple of big scenes from episode 4 leaked already

gawa316

Well more happened in that episode than I expected

screenexile

Didn't see the dragon dying so quickly there but figured something would have to happen to Greyworm and Missandei there was no way they were ending up together!!!

They're setting Danny up to become another Mad Targeryan wonder will it happen?!

Didn't like the Bron scene or Jamie and Brienne it didn't seem right.

MoChara

How did Danny not see a f**king big fleet of black ships coming round the corner, shes definitely being Tee'd up to go mad, I thought Emilia Clarke did a great job when begging Jon not to tell anyone he was a Targ.

The lovely thormond would never have bucked and chucked Briene the way Jamie did lol

Harold Disgracey

Greyworm is going to do a John Wick next week.

Rois

Although it did sadden me a little (all the coming-togethers that happened in Series 8 have been busted open), I'm glad that Arya didn't just submit to the offer - some immense female characters in this show, I love it. 

We did the exhibition in the Titanic Exhibition Centre last week - you can see some of the scenery from Kings Landing from the car park (not really part of the exhibition). 

redcard

Bron hedging his bets.
The hound still has business to attend to with his brother
I think we might see Thormund and Ghost again at an opportune moment???
Arya still has the green eyes to shut though I suspect Jamie has that in mind too.
Wonder which disguise she will use???? (Perhaps the Greyjoy fella)
Varis don't forget told little finger he wanted the iron Throne
That wizard friend of Cersai. I wouldn't trust him if I was Cersai