Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Started by Dinny Breen, June 21, 2016, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

I'm sure there are some rules of engagement in wars and all that but why did Cersei not just clean out Daenerys and the small bunch of unsullied when they were outside Kings Landing? Job done! 
That was never a square ball!!

Wildweasel74

Think this season a notch down on previous seasons. All too rushed. 7 seasons of a built up to the big letdown of last week.dragons tearing it up past few seasons and we down 2 within 5 espiodes. All lining up for a disappointing one finish. Hope u man Martin lives long enough to c his vision for the finish.

nrico2006

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 06, 2019, 09:23:43 PM
Think this season a notch down on previous seasons. All too rushed. 7 seasons of a built up to the big letdown of last week.dragons tearing it up past few seasons and we down 2 within 5 espiodes. All lining up for a disappointing one finish. Hope u man Martin lives long enough to c his vision for the finish.

Agreed. Not as good as I expected either.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 06, 2019, 09:23:43 PM

I thought it built up well in terms of the battle of Winterfell prelim etc but I was disappointed with the last episode. Sure it is a scene setter and I know they're setting The Mother of Dragons up to go mad but I felt that more could have been done. A bit too slow paced which is ok if the tension is building but I don't think it is.

Walter Cronc

Lads any streaming sites for GoT?

Have used putlocker on the past but theres that many versions of putlocker now. Hard to know.

tyroneman

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 06, 2019, 06:46:40 PM
I'm sure there are some rules of engagement in wars and all that but why did Cersei not just clean out Daenerys and the small bunch of unsullied when they were outside Kings Landing? Job done!

Exactly - Cersei has been pretty ruthless all the way through  - seemed a little odd she would miss out the opportunity

screenexile

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 07, 2019, 08:44:45 AM
Lads any streaming sites for GoT?

Have used putlocker on the past but theres that many versions of putlocker now. Hard to know.

https://www2.watchmovie.io/series/game-of-thrones-season-8

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: tyroneman on May 07, 2019, 08:57:52 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on May 06, 2019, 06:46:40 PM

Exactly - Cersei has been pretty ruthless all the way through  - seemed a little odd she would miss out the opportunity

Once a Lannister always a Lannister.  I reckon with the Imp there that stayed her hand and that was clear when he walked forward and she held the archers back.  I have a feeling there is going to be a twist about Tyrion.  I don't know why but I reckon he and Varys have a huge role to play in the battle for the throne and blood is thicker than water....

lurganblue

Some amount of people getting annoyed about a coffee cup ffs.  This show has gathered great deal of gimps as fans.

omagh_gael

The fire Wight theory is very interesting. Did anyone notice Jon grabbing his heart after Thormund dunted him in the chest? Foreshadowing for Jon's demise?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 07, 2019, 05:13:24 PM
The fire Wight theory is very interesting. Did anyone notice Jon grabbing his heart after Thormund dunted him in the chest? Foreshadowing for Jon's demise?

Possibly or maybe it was a reference to the fact that that was where he was stabbed when he died.

I wonder if the whole idea of the fire Wight might work with the dead dragon that they Greyjoy killed?  Maybe that is why he seems surprised when he is looking into the sun at the end of the trailer as there are 2 dragons coming at him after he had killed one? 

omagh_gael

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 07, 2019, 05:26:00 PM

Possibly or maybe it was a reference to the fact that that was where he was stabbed when he died.

I wonder if the whole idea of the fire Wight might work with the dead dragon that they Greyjoy killed?  Maybe that is why he seems surprised when he is looking into the sun at the end of the trailer as there are 2 dragons coming at him after he had killed one?

In theory it should as the dragon killed north of the wall was brought back so the Lord of light (Bran if this theory is correct) could bring Rayghal back.

Interestingly Tyrion mentioned the dragon seat he designed in season 2 in the last episode...could Bran ride in and feck shit up for Cersei?

Mayo4Sam

The chance in character of Dany has been very disappointing, very clunky
I've not been impressed with this season at all
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

nrico2006

Also been mention of potential dragon offspring coming into the equation.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

oakleaflad

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 07, 2019, 06:04:16 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 07, 2019, 05:26:00 PM

In theory it should as the dragon killed north of the wall was brought back so the Lord of light (Bran if this theory is correct) could bring Rayghal back.

Interestingly Tyrion mentioned the dragon seat he designed in season 2 in the last episode...could Bran ride in and feck shit up for Cersei?
Maybe i'm missing something but I always thought Brans power was more associated with the Old gods + Children of Forest as opposed to the Lord of Light.