China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Wee Roddy on April 01, 2020, 05:37:58 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 01, 2020, 05:18:34 PM
We're the occupied 6 and you're the free state - that's how it works...

Yeah south managed it a lot better. They reckon 3k here on "wave 1". Jesus.

I actually think the north will have benefited from flybe couping and the fact that there were 25% less flights for a good bit during this. Will never know whether that holds or not mind you but it should at least have lessened traffic.

I actually think the north will benefit from the GAA's advice early doors. In rural areas the social distancing was practised as soon as pitches were closed

yeah churches shut pretty early too which was a good thing. Dunno how far reaching that was mind you in terms of if it was more than the catholic church.

johnnycool

I actually think the north will have benefited from flybe couping and the fact that there were 25% less flights for a good bit during this. Will never know whether that holds or not mind you but it should at least have lessened traffic.

I actually think the north will benefit from the GAA's advice early doors. In rural areas the social distancing was practised as soon as pitches were closed

I'd agree with that 100%.
That put the shitters up a lot of parents when all the clubs whatsapp groups banned all training sessions, closed the premises coupled with the fact that schools were to close for a few days for St Patricks, they just stayed shut as parents weren't sending their kids to them anyway well before the UK/Assembly instructions to do so.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on April 01, 2020, 05:56:22 PM

I'd agree with that 100%.
That put the shitters up a lot of parents when all the clubs whatsapp groups banned all training sessions, closed the premises coupled with the fact that schools were to close for a few days for St Patricks, they just stayed shut as parents weren't sending their kids to them anyway well before the UK/Assembly instructions to do so.

My parents are into their fourth week of isolation! Problem today was my dad needed an urgent medical check up at hospital! He went crazy leaving house!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walter Cronc

Without a doubt the GAA being quick off the mark will have saved countless lies. In South Derry very few, if any listened to Bojo and co and went with the Dublin/WHO approach.

pbat

I know you cant always have negative news but the media need to be careful with the Green Shoots type stuff, if people start believing this is beat and with the weather picking heading for Easter they may start to become complacent. Need to really have a handle on this before anything can be relaxed.

quit yo jibbajabba

560 odd deaths today i dont think too many be thinking its beat

But i concur, any sort of levelling off or positive stats from eg Italy (with "only" 750 odd today) and people will be itchin to get back to normal

armaghniac

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 01, 2020, 08:00:56 PM
560 odd deaths today i dont think too many be thinking its beat

But i concur, any sort of levelling off or positive stats from eg Italy (with "only" 750 odd today) and people will be itchin to get back to normal

Italy has levelled off to some extent, with someone only dying every 3 or 4 seconds. Bit to go still!
New York State has 2200+ dead, and is not anywhere near levelled off.

"Normal" is some distance away.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

It's barely started so anyone thinking it's beat is mad.  The uk in particular has no idea where it stands with it's testing strategy and with "the south" starting to fall behind with tests too(I know they're doing what they can) they have not got an accurate depiction either.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 01, 2020, 07:11:42 PM
Without a doubt the GAA being quick off the mark will have saved countless lies. In South Derry very few, if any listened to Bojo and co and went with the Dublin/WHO approach.
"How many of the dead are catholic and how many are protestant" is a tiresome question that was repeated too often during the troubles, but it will be interesting to see the effect the two different approaches will have. If unionists were so determined to prove their Britishness that they wanted to ignore WHO warnings...

armaghniac

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 01, 2020, 09:34:59 PM
"How many of the dead are catholic and how many are protestant" is a tiresome question that was repeated too often during the troubles, but it will be interesting to see the effect the two different approaches will have. If unionists were so determined to prove their Britishness that they wanted to ignore WHO warnings...

Two thirds of OAPs are unionists, and that will be most of the deaths anyway, which may confuse the analysis.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Downtothewire

Quote from: Rossfan on April 01, 2020, 04:28:27 PM
I know ye Nordies are a biteen behind the times and don't realise the "free state" was abolished on 31st December 1937.
Meanwhile in Ireland/RoI/26 Counties/ the South(sic) I saw the deaths figure is around 2% of the Positives figure.

Well from 31st December 1937 up to now you free staters have done f**k all for us

Itchy

HSE must be really struggling. We had fella at work who we sent home 12 days ago as he had a cough. Took 6 days for him to get a test, 6 more to get results that he was positive. 2 days after result he can come back to work (14 days 1st symptoms) and then contact tracing at work too late as the results were too late. We getting into a really messy place now.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on April 01, 2020, 09:45:57 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 01, 2020, 09:34:59 PM

Two thirds of OAPs are unionists, and that will be most of the deaths anyway, which may confuse the analysis.

How many catholics have passed away in Italy?

This is so daft, plastic paddy, you'll have to do better
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Dafuq is this shit going on in the Whitehouse??

Eamonnca1

Quote from: screenexile on April 01, 2020, 10:50:06 PM
Dafuq is this shit going on in the Whitehouse??

Don't be watching that rubbish. Some networks have even stopped carrying it live because of the potential for misinformation.