East wall #Irelandisfull

Started by Truth hurts, January 04, 2023, 11:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on August 09, 2023, 11:47:34 AM
Very touchy aren't you

And no-I was fortunate to win a green card in the lottery so I have been legal since day 1

So when people like me, dual citizens of Ireland and the United States, point out some basic truths about the insanity of what's going on in Ireland as it pertains to the open borders policies being advanced by several left wing parties , all of a sudden were racists and Nazis and cvnts of various descriptions.

The reason I give a $hit is that I intend on retiring back there. I've been in Ireland 3 times already this year and see what's going on, and the country is well and truly shagged if this continues

I'm not sure, is it 70's standard living? Having grown up here and worked here all my life, my personal experience has been great, never unemployed, decent education, any medical issues seen too (2 cancer treatments in my family) loads of opportunities to get ahead in life, I'm not sure of the place where you come back to but sounds like a lot of people feeling sorry about themselves and looking to get more off the government instead of working for it!

I'm not sure it's of the standard of living we see in the states were the streets are filled with gold but hey ho
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whitey

Good Lord

It's not that hard boys and girls. You don't have to twist yourselves into knots trying to change the subject

Are you in favor of open borders/unlimited inward migration?   Yes or no?

If your answer is yes-fair enough

If your answer is no-what should the limit be?

Rossfan

We need to stop Yanks coming here, they all murder schoolchildren.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

whitey

Gabriel_Hurl

Whitey still peddling that 4 year old story from Irish Central that was proved to be incorrect

JoG2

Very touchy aren't you

And no-I was fortunate to win a green card in the lottery so I have been legal since day 1

So when people like me, dual citizens of Ireland and the United States, point out some basic truths about the insanity of what's going on in Ireland as it pertains to the open borders policies being advanced by several left wing parties , all of a sudden were racists and Nazis and cvnts of various descriptions.

The reason I give a $hit is that I intend on retiring back there. I've been in Ireland 3 times already this year and see what's going on, and the country is well and truly shagged if this continues

That's been known many many post ago 'whitey'

trueblue1234

Very touchy aren't you

What is going on? What's your exact issue?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Rossfan

I'd suggest he/she has a problem with seeing around 3 or 4% of the population having dark skin.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 09, 2023, 04:53:03 PM
Very touchy aren't you

What is going on? What's your exact issue?

TrueBlue, have you never heard of the great displacement? No? Let me full you in. All the left wing parties in Ireland are plotting to throw open the borders to anyone who wants to come here (our wet weather, high costs and inflation is a big pull). Anyway this is only the beginning. Then the left wing parties will hatch a plan to get the whites out if Ireland, maybe offer them  free Ryanair tickets or something like that. When they are gone the black Muslims will move in, live in your house and convert the country to sharia law. Any whites that turn up will be be-headed and Paedos will roam free on every street corner. Only Whitey and Papa Smurf from the Irish national party can save us.

whitey

So let's try this again (for the third time)

Are you guys in favor of open borders? (Unlimited inward migration)

Yes or no?

If yes-that's great!

If no-how many should Ireland take annually?

Follow up question

Are the 75% of people in the SBP who thought Ireland had taken in too many refugees racists/bigots/xenophobes?

https://www.businesspost.ie/politics/three-quarters-of-people-think-ireland-taking-in-too-many-refugees/

3 very simple questions. No need to change the subject or twist yourselves into knots?

You surely have more to say on the subject than you've said so far

Main Street

Quote from: whitey on August 09, 2023, 06:21:34 PM

Yes or no?

If yes-that's great!

Follow up question

Are the 75% of people in the SBP who thought Ireland had taken in too many refugees racists/bigots/xenophobes?

https://www.businesspost.ie/politics/three-quarters-of-people-think-ireland-taking-in-too-many-refugees/

3 very simple questions. No need to change the subject or twist yourselves into knots?

QuoteAre you guys in favor of open borders? (Unlimited inward migration)
There are no open borders,  what a stupidly moronic leading question. You're a bit thick I take it, that's a good foundation for  bigotry;)
then followed by an even more stupid question.
QuoteAre the 75% of people in the SBP who thought Ireland had taken in too many refugees racists/bigots/xenophobes?

From that poll 65% think the processing is taking too long
50% are not happy about the state's failure to provide accommodation
There are many obvious reasons not related to racism /bigotry/xenophobia why a person would say yes and thought Ireland had taken in too many refugees.

Seeing as you are interested in peoples' opinions.
What does make an Irish person a racist, what qualifies as Irish racism? 
Imo, one ingredient  (with relevance to the thread topic) are those flag waving blow-in agitators  protesting outside asylum seeker centers, spreading baseless rumors, trying to whip up a storm of targeted hate.
https://archive.ph/nNzkj
East Wall.
opinions from various East Wallers.

The reality of life in East Wall months after arrival of asylum seekers
Most residents welcome asylum seekers but fear agitators 'there to cause trouble'.

a 29-year-old ..who has lived in East Wall for two years, said 'she had not noticed any changes in the area since the arrival of the asylum seekers and did not feel it was right to treat the residents of the building with suspicion'.

"Judging people based on an assumption that they might commit crime is very disingenuous. That's xenophobia really. You're saying that because they're from such a place, then they're more likely to commit a crime. You have to give people a chance,"

"East Wall is a very tight-knit community. It has had its ups and downs over the years but this whole situation has brought a heavy atmosphere to the area. I think there is a lack of trust with the government. I think if the people had been consulted in some way prior to all this, the understanding and view of all this would be an awful lot better."

"We walk by the building many times, we never had any bad looks or anything like that. Most of the time, they fled violence in their country or oppression, so I think it's fair for them to have a place to live,"

"I remember the first meeting we had on the East Wall Road. There were a lot of people there and some of these people started off and they were asked who they were and told to leave.
"You get the agitators down at everything. They're there to cause trouble."

In a statement shared on social media the "East Wall Anti-Asylum Committee" made allegations of an "explosion in crime and incidents" involving asylum seekers which it claimed had been "ignored" by gardai.

"In reality, none of those stories have come true," he said. "The protests have significantly died down to a core group of people who are not actually from East Wall. Given how much the protests have diminished gives an indication that a lot of those stories haven't come to fruition."

Another ingredient of the Irish racist is ignorance.

Dundrum

Dundrum has become one of the latest focal points in the anti-migrant campaign, as up to 176 asylum seekers are set to be housed on a temporary basis at the site of the south Dublin suburb's former Central Mental Hospital

Residents stared in bewilderment last week at graffiti that had been sprayed on the outside walls of the grounds, including messages such as "Dundrum says no", "Protect our kids and woman" (sic) and "House our owen" (sic).

"I haven't come across anyone who has anything against this space being used to house asylum seekers. I think the community in general would be welcoming. It's a huge self-contained space, why would we not? The Irish went abroad for long enough, why would we not welcome people here?," she said.
, a psychology professor in her sixties who lives in Dundrum, said she and others in the community were "horrified" by the defacement of the site's exterior and the sentiments expressed in the messages.

burdizzo

Quote from: Main Street on August 09, 2023, 09:41:12 PM

There are no open borders,  what a stupidly moronic leading question. You're a bit thick I take it, that's a good foundation for  bigotry;)

Humph. If you allow the vast majority of people who arrive here to stay, then you pretty much have a de facto open border. I know it's not officially that way, but if someone manages to land here at all, there's less than a 10% chance they'll actually be required to leave. Besides, it's far from a "stupidly moronic question". Have you seen some of the posters on 'your side'?!! The ones who'd claim they're against the "bigots"?!! Hah! Not all brain-boxes, either, matey! Or do you think it's somehow 'more intelligent' to push a multi-cultural, 'refugees welcome' agenda? Just going for a bit of the old intellectual snobbery, eh?!!

As for leading questions - most opinion polls ask them. And that includes the SBP one. Also ; a load of quotes from God-knows-who isn't exactly proof that most "residents welcome asylum seekers".

Interesting (but not surprisingly), you almost completely evade whitey's questions.

whitey

Quote from: Main Street on August 09, 2023, 09:41:12 PM

Yes or no?

If yes-that's great!

Follow up question

then followed by an even more stupid question.
QuoteAre the 75% of people in the SBP who thought Ireland had taken in too many refugees racists/bigots/xenophobes?

From that poll 65% think the processing is taking too long
50% are not happy about the state's failure to provide accommodation
There are many obvious reasons not related to racism /bigotry/xenophobia why a person would say yes and thought Ireland had taken in too many refugees.

Seeing as you are interested in peoples' opinions.
What does make an Irish person a racist, what qualifies as Irish racism? 
Imo, one ingredient  (with relevance to the thread topic) are those flag waving blow-in agitators  protesting outside asylum seeker centers, spreading baseless rumors, trying to whip up a storm of targeted hate.
https://archive.ph/nNzkj
East Wall.
opinions from various East Wallers.

The reality of life in East Wall months after arrival of asylum seekers
Most residents welcome asylum seekers but fear agitators 'there to cause trouble'.

a 29-year-old ..who has lived in East Wall for two years, said 'she had not noticed any changes in the area since the arrival of the asylum seekers and did not feel it was right to treat the residents of the building with suspicion'.

"Judging people based on an assumption that they might commit crime is very disingenuous. That's xenophobia really. You're saying that because they're from such a place, then they're more likely to commit a crime. You have to give people a chance,"

"East Wall is a very tight-knit community. It has had its ups and downs over the years but this whole situation has brought a heavy atmosphere to the area. I think there is a lack of trust with the government. I think if the people had been consulted in some way prior to all this, the understanding and view of all this would be an awful lot better."

"We walk by the building many times, we never had any bad looks or anything like that. Most of the time, they fled violence in their country or oppression, so I think it's fair for them to have a place to live,"

"I remember the first meeting we had on the East Wall Road. There were a lot of people there and some of these people started off and they were asked who they were and told to leave.
"You get the agitators down at everything. They're there to cause trouble."

In a statement shared on social media the "East Wall Anti-Asylum Committee" made allegations of an "explosion in crime and incidents" involving asylum seekers which it claimed had been "ignored" by gardai.

"In reality, none of those stories have come true," he said. "The protests have significantly died down to a core group of people who are not actually from East Wall. Given how much the protests have diminished gives an indication that a lot of those stories haven't come to fruition."

Another ingredient of the Irish racist is ignorance.

Dundrum

Dundrum has become one of the latest focal points in the anti-migrant campaign, as up to 176 asylum seekers are set to be housed on a temporary basis at the site of the south Dublin suburb's former Central Mental Hospital

Residents stared in bewilderment last week at graffiti that had been sprayed on the outside walls of the grounds, including messages such as "Dundrum says no", "Protect our kids and woman" (sic) and "House our owen" (sic).

"I haven't come across anyone who has anything against this space being used to house asylum seekers. I think the community in general would be welcoming. It's a huge self-contained space, why would we not? The Irish went abroad for long enough, why would we not welcome people here?," she said.
, a psychology professor in her sixties who lives in Dundrum, said she and others in the community were "horrified" by the defacement of the site's exterior and the sentiments expressed in the messages.

You guys can't answer the questions  can you ?

trueblue1234

Yes or no?

If yes-that's great!

Follow up question

Not in favour of open border policy. Not sure what number can be accommodated tbh but don't think it's excessive at the minute. And I think we should absolutely be doing our bit to help.
Can you give a breakdown of how many has come in, how many deported, how many awaiting decisions etc. if we have the figures then it might be easier to make informed decisions.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

whitey

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 09, 2023, 11:17:37 PM

Yes or no?

If yes-that's great!

Follow up question

Not in favour of open border policy. Not sure what number can be accommodated tbh but don't think it's excessive at the minute. And I think we should absolutely be doing our bit to help.
Can you give a breakdown of how many has come in, how many deported, how many awaiting decisions etc. if we have the figures then it might be easier to make informed decisions.

I'll do a little research and get back to you.  I want to make sure I'm putting up accurate data