American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

Mike McCarthy surely a dead man walking right now? Green Bay are a mess....

Minder

Quote from: cadhlancian on December 02, 2018, 10:20:31 PM
Mike McCarthy surely a dead man walking right now? Green Bay are a mess....

Yeah something not right, Rodgers not playing as well as normal, even though statistically it looks good
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Carmen Stateside

Probably a few weeks to late for the Packers to fire him but it was inevitable.

cadhlancian

Definitely not all his fault, I'd imagine he'll finish with the Browns as HC for next season.
Garbage roster...

gallsman

Looking forward to the Boston Globe podcast series on Aaron Hernandez. Done by the Spotlight team so should be great. One of them was on Second Captains about it today and it sounds great.

lurganblue

Quote from: gallsman on December 04, 2018, 01:44:57 PM
Looking forward to the Boston Globe podcast series on Aaron Hernandez. Done by the Spotlight team so should be great. One of them was on Second Captains about it today and it sounds great.

It was excellent. A real insight into the development process in the sport. He was a troubled young man. It also looks a bit at the effects of CTE. Brilliant podcast.

Gabriel_Hurl

Urban Meyer will be resigning from OSU after the Rose Bowl

Oraisteach

Not really a surprise, given his health issues (brain cyst?) as well as that chaos at the start of the season.

Syferus

Quote from: Oraisteach on December 04, 2018, 03:28:56 PM
Not really a surprise, given his health issues (brain cyst?) as well as that chaos at the start of the season.

He should have been fired after the scandal broke but OSU is as morally bankrupt as Meyer. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

The Hernandez podcast series was good as a human interest story in that it put his whole life in context but it really didn't tell us anything we didn't already know about college or professional football. It did confirm Meyer and Belichick are tosspots, though.

cadhlancian

Quote from: Syferus on December 04, 2018, 04:15:41 PM

He should have been fired after the scandal broke but OSU is as morally bankrupt as Meyer. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

The Hernandez podcast series was good as a human interest story in that it put his whole life in context but it really didn't tell us anything we didn't already know about college or professional football. It did confirm Meyer and Belichick are tosspots, though.
You fit into the last sentence as well.....

Syferus

Quote from: cadhlancian on December 04, 2018, 06:07:25 PM

You fit into the last sentence as well.....

Damn. You totally destroyed me.

Rotflmao

gallsman

I'd never heard his high school quarterback talking about them having a sexual relationship together. Had you?

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on December 04, 2018, 06:28:12 PM

I'd never heard his high school quarterback talking about them having a sexual relationship together. Had you?

That's why I said the human interest element was good. It was known before now he was gay, though.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Syferus on December 04, 2018, 06:46:43 PM
Quote from: gallsman on December 04, 2018, 06:28:12 PM

That's why I said the human interest element was good. It was known before now he was gay, though.

He wasn't gay. He was bi it seems. I really don't know what you wanted OSU to do about Meyer though? There was no clear evidence.

gallsman

Derrick Henry ffs. The week I decide to pick up the jags D.