NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Any season ticket holder from another county want to give me their ticket for Sunday? Apparently anyone is entitled to a ticket
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Blowitupref

Quote from: Crete Boom on March 26, 2019, 03:12:43 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on March 26, 2019, 03:04:28 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 26, 2019, 12:32:31 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on March 26, 2019, 12:31:53 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 26, 2019, 12:08:39 PM
I presume it's Kerry to win pulling up?
I hope not but yeah probably Kerry by 5 or 6.
Mayo could do it

Of course they could, after all they beat Kerry in Tralee last week and held them to a mere 0-11 while doing so. If its another wet and windy day for this match it should suit a more physical Mayo outfit.

I think that's a bit unfair on Mayo thinking that the wet and windy conditions suited Mayo more and Kerry would have beaten us on a dry sod. We cleaned Kerry out in midfield and ran through their fullback line that night and if we can manage the same next Sunday on a dry calm pitch we will win again but I just don't see Kerry being dominated as much in the middle third the next day.
Kerry never back down from the physical battles in games against us just watch the 2014 games or the league game from 2018 to see how well they can mix it with us!

It was Mayo's physical presence in the middle eight that allowed them to dictate the game in Tralee and poor weather doesn't suit lighter teams. In 2014 Kerry had a more physical and experienced team to mix it and 2018 game a midfield pairing of i think J Gibbons, B Moran was poor that night.

The worse the weather is the lower the score does be in games. Mayo while dominated large portions of that game in Tralee they still created less scoring chances than Kerry. The goal was obviously the key score and it was shocking defending by Kerry if they defend like that in Croke Park Mayo will have a excellent chance of winning.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Hound

Quote from: Itchy on March 26, 2019, 01:33:23 PM
Fully expect Mayo to win. In my opinion Kerry are being blown up by the media to create the old Kerry v Dublin rivalry to boost viewership.
Jeez Louise.
They've just won 5 minor All Irelands, they hold the record for the most senior All Irelands, they beat Dublin in the league, they've topped the league. It would be utterly ridiculous if they weren't getting media attention!

While Mayo have done well to get to the league final, their most memorable display in the league for most neutrals was probably their dismal display against the Dubs. If they go beat Kerry at the weekend, then that will change.

If this was an All Ireland Final, I would imagine the vast majority of neutrals would be cheering Mayo. 

Mac2

I'd worry if we go with the same FB line again.
Can't understand how Stephen Coen gets so many starts with Mayo, just don't see what he offers.
Barrett has been poor too, he's constantly going in with the arm over in the tackle giving away soft frees.

rosnarun

Quote from: Mac2 on March 26, 2019, 04:48:05 PM
Can't understand how Stephen Coen gets so many starts with Mayo, just don't see what he offers.
Barrett has been poor too, he's constantly going in with the arm over in the tackle giving away soft frees.
I have to laugh at the constant negativity of some mayo fans .
mayo are  in a league final for feck sake playing really good football. :Loads of new player have been bled, some older players have come back into the reckoning .
Aidan O se has been on top of his game and that means there few better players in the country. there have been very few injuries  plus we don't have to play dublin in the final
thing could hardly be better ,
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Mac2

Quote from: rosnarun on March 26, 2019, 07:58:44 PM
Quote from: Mac2 on March 26, 2019, 04:48:05 PM
I have to laugh at the constant negativity of some mayo fans .
mayo are  in a league final for feck sake playing really good football. :Loads of new player have been bled, some older players have come back into the reckoning .
Aidan O se has been on top of his game and that means there few better players in the country. there have been very few injuries  plus we don't have to play dublin in the final
thing could hardly be better ,
You're easily amused then and obviously just a cheerleader.
Hope you've your poms poms ready for Sunday.

armaghniac

Quote from: Mac2 on March 26, 2019, 08:03:50 PM

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 26, 2019, 03:37:25 PM
I can't see past Kerry myself unfortunately. They will go all guns blazing to beat us after Mayo beating them below in Tralee.

In fairness have you ever predicted Mayo to win a game?

For once I'd agree with Rosnarun, we've found ourselves in a great position, Horan stuck to his guns, lots of kids in for every match, we seem to have players that in time will replace the older lads and we have lads you'd be happy to see coming off the bench. It's only 7 months since Rochford left it until 65 minutes to bring on a fresh forward cause he didn't trust his bench.

I do think it'll be a much tougher test, I'd question how motivated Kerry were in Tralee but it'll be a good gauge and it's a great opportunity to win a national title. Horan's whole management style is built around positivity and in fairness it's back in Mayo
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Jim Bob

When did Mayo last win the national league ? (If ever)

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jim Bob on March 27, 2019, 09:13:58 PM

2001 - Ironically it sort of marked the end of the decent 96-99 team!

TabClear

Quote from: armaghniac on March 26, 2019, 10:52:57 PM

Hope Mayo have more up front....

Ball Hopper

Quote from: TabClear on March 27, 2019, 09:21:54 PM

Was it Mayo and this one that coined the phrase...All support and no Cups...

Crete Boom

2001 Mayo's 11th league title!
Mayo won league titles  in 1934, 1935, 1936, 1937, 1938,  1939, 1941, 1949, 1954,  1970 & 2001!!

Crete Boom

Quote from: Ball Hopper on March 27, 2019, 09:23:11 PM
Quote from: TabClear on March 27, 2019, 09:21:54 PM

Was it Mayo and this one that coined the phrase...All support and no Cups...

We have plenty of Nestor cups! ;)

moysider

Quote from: Crete Boom on March 28, 2019, 12:30:24 AM
2001 Mayo's 11th league title!
Mayo won league titles  in 1934, 1935, 1936, 1937, 1938,  1939, 1941, 1949, 1954,  1970 & 2001!!

So it has been 18 yrs. since the last 'foot and mouth' crisis!?

Time flies.
I'm struggling with this one though. Have we lost so many AI finals that this league final is not going to be a big deal if we lose?
Obviously it won't mean damn all if we win. However in the normal scheme of things you don't want to lose this game?

Yet the way the season stacks up now, there is a big gap between the league and the first round of championship. For counties that make super8s its going to be almost 5 months.