Should Tyrone speak to RTE

Started by CD, August 20, 2018, 11:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Tyrone should abandon this policy they have, let bygones be bygones. You never know, they might just get something positive out of it.

There is no winners in this stand off and it only fuels some of the idiotic sentiment on this thread I've just read.

At the end of the day when we think of GAA, we think of RTE - It would overshadow perhaps one of the greatest upsets in Gaelic Football history should the result go Tyrone way in my opinion.

Orchard park

sure we in Roscommon have a manager who refuses to speak to local radio after taking the huff at an analysts views and the co board are as brave as the Tyrone one in dealing with it.

culture of manager is gone cuckoo

Syferus

Quote from: Orchard park on August 20, 2018, 04:47:59 PM
sure we in Roscommon have a manager who refuses to speak to local radio after taking the huff at an analysts views and the co board are as brave as the Tyrone one in dealing with it.

culture of manager is gone cuckoo

Shannonside never apologised. RTÉ did. And they just ran a sketch that was in bad taste, not a xenophobic hit piece.

trueblue1234

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 20, 2018, 04:43:27 PM
Tyrone should abandon this policy they have, let bygones be bygones. You never know, they might just get something positive out of it.

There is no winners in this stand off and it only fuels some of the idiotic sentiment on this thread I've just read.

At the end of the day when we think of GAA, we think of RTE - It would overshadow perhaps one of the greatest upsets in Gaelic Football history should the result go Tyrone way in my opinion.

Realistically the only winner if MH backs down is RTE. I honestly don't believe it would make any different to Tyrone either way. If anything the siege mentality might be something to bind the team in the run in to the final, plus it keeps the players away from the cameras and the hype.
Only ever seems to come to the forefront when RTE are missing out on something. They don't drive when MH feels he can move on from it. That's a decision for him personally but he seems to have the backing of the team and the county board. Had it been me, they would be waiting a long time as well. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Syferus

Quote from: hardstation on August 20, 2018, 05:07:19 PM
If the "sketch" drew reference to your daughter who had been tragically murdered, I'm not sure you would be so understanding or forgiving. I know I wouldn't be.
The cnut should have been given the road.

There is a parallel to be drawn with the Barry McIlduff thing. Although I think this is worse as we know RTE were having a swipe at Harte. McIlduff might have just really fcuked up.

Either way, slán.

The idea someone should lose their job because of one bad sketch is so ridiculous and in actuality far crueler than the sketch was.

If a comedian is given a job to create something they need to be given latitude because no  comedy is  going to be for everyone and more than a few attempts are likely to  fall flat with the general population. You can't go around firing people for one instance of it going wrong. You'd hope even Harte understood that much.

Syferus

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 20, 2018, 05:09:35 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 20, 2018, 04:43:27 PM

Realistically the only winner if MH backs down is RTE. I honestly don't believe it would make any different to Tyrone either way. If anything the siege mentality might be something to bind the team in the run in to the final, plus it keeps the players away from the cameras and the hype.
Only ever seems to come to the forefront when RTE are missing out on something. They don't drive when MH feels he can move on from it. That's a decision for him personally but he seems to have the backing of the team and the county board. Had it been me, they would be waiting a long time as well.

Fair enough points but the media will always get to the players, McNamee seems to talk to whoever gets in front of him, the McCann boys on BBC etc.

Alot of those boys would barely remember the whole scenario and what this was actually about I'd say.

Orchard park

i am one of those who thought RTE were bang out of order at the time. but it was 7 f**king years ago get over it Mickey, try and coach positivity instead if using chips on the shoulder and sieges to push teams into battle.

a weak county board that are minimising the return to sponsors

imtommygunn

How much of a factor is the Carthy thing in this or is it purely relating to his daughter?

Really you would hope it gets resolved as it makes a farce of things leading up to an AI.

Does harte want an apology or as it stands what does it take to resolve it? My understanding was Carthy was the main factor but I could be wrong on that.

Syferus

Quote from: hardstation on August 20, 2018, 05:27:18 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 20, 2018, 05:18:47 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 20, 2018, 05:16:58 PM
You are a sketch.

The last resort of someone with a bad argument.
Your argument is that anything is allowed as long as it is just once ffs.

No it isn't. Typical.

southtyronegael

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 20, 2018, 05:36:50 PM
How much of a factor is the Carthy thing in this or is it purely relating to his daughter?

Really you would hope it gets resolved as it makes a farce of things leading up to an AI.

Does harte want an apology or as it stands what does it take to resolve it? My understanding was Carthy was the main factor but I could be wrong on that.
yes carthy was the original one in may 2011 then rte got back at harte in august 2011 which basically elevated the stand off.

CD

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 20, 2018, 06:08:16 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 20, 2018, 05:36:50 PM

yes carthy was the original one in may 2011 then rte got back at harte in august 2011 which basically elevated the stand off.

There's been a lot of 'guff' directed at Tyrone and personally at Mickey Harte in subsequent years from prominent pundits that have exacerbated the situation. Apparently the falling attendances, boring games, death of the corner forward are all Mickey Harte's fault.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

southtyronegael

yes those things are mickeys fault in tyrone anyway. not sure about other counties though.

ONeill

To be fair, playing blinders in pre-match interviews usually means Sam is coming home. I've seen countless All-Irelands won at the end of a microphone and not on the field. Mickey should stop this madness.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Maybe there's an opening for TG4 here. Do RTE still own them or are they independent?
Testing Accessibility