The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 21, 2018, 10:27:45 PM
He is getting over 200 gran a week with Juventus.  It was all about the money!

€16m signing on fee, paid over two years
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Minder on June 21, 2018, 10:31:34 PM

I would expect to see alot more players letting contract run down now seeing them numbers.  His agent played a blinder getting that kind of money.  Was there any other club even interested?

Syferus

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 21, 2018, 11:11:09 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 21, 2018, 10:31:34 PM

I would expect to see alot more players letting contract run down now seeing them numbers.  His agent played a blinder getting that kind of money.  Was there any other club even interested?

Was there any club not interested in a German international midfielder entering his prime available on a free? :o

Carmen Stateside

Inform me please? i was asking a question!

gawa316

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 22, 2018, 12:32:44 AM

Would've thought there'd be loads after him but only ever heard Juve's name mentioned and that's going back a good 9 months

Syferus

Quote from: gawa316 on June 22, 2018, 12:49:39 AM

Would've thought there'd be loads after him but only ever heard Juve's name mentioned and that's going back a good 9 months

He had the privilege of having his pick because every halfways big club would be willing to overpay him on wages because he was available on a free. It doesn't mean he would be interested in them, though. So it ended up being about which big club could offer him the role he wanted, which is exactly what the article above says. Juve obviously did the leg work six plus months ago to get him as good as tied up as you could in the circumstances.

supersub

And he still couldn't make the Germany squad?

Good but inconsistent.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Syferus on June 22, 2018, 01:17:57 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 22, 2018, 12:49:39 AM

He had the privilege of having his pick because every halfways big club would be willing to overpay him on wages because he was available on a free. It doesn't mean he would be interested in them, though. So it ended up being about which big club could offer him the role he wanted, which is exactly what the article above says. Juve obviously did the leg work six plus months ago to get him as good as tied up as you could in the circumstances.

So in other words you haven't a f**king clue!

Denn Forever

If Croatia get to last four, cash in on Loverin?  Sad end to Argentina  maybe?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 22, 2018, 11:36:00 AM
If Croatia get to last four, cash in on Loverin?  Sad end to Argentina  maybe?

Id love to see Rakitic at Liverpool
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Syferus

Quote from: supersub on June 22, 2018, 09:15:20 AM

Good but inconsistent.

Klopp decided to freeze him out when he knew he was leaving. There's too many options in Germany they don't need to pick players who aren't match fit, Neuer being the exception. Ffs, they didn't pick Sane, the reigning EPL YPotY either.

Gabriel_Hurl

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Syferus on June 22, 2018, 02:39:12 PM

Good but inconsistent.

Klopp decided to freeze him out when he knew he was leaving. There's too many options in Germany they don't need to pick players who aren't match fit, Neuer being the exception. Ffs, they didn't pick Sane, the reigning EPL YPotY either.

You're clueless. He didn't. He was injured.

J70

Good but inconsistent.

Can was injured for the last two or three months of the season. Liverpool were down to a skeleton crew the last month, especially in midfield. He would absolutely have played, if he had been available. Can and Lallana both came on in the Champions League Final when only half fit. Klopp had been playing him consistently up until he got hurt.

Syferus

Quote from: J70 on June 22, 2018, 03:17:53 PM

Good but inconsistent.

Can was injured for the last two or three months of the season. Liverpool were down to a skeleton crew the last month, especially in midfield. He would absolutely have played, if he had been available. Can and Lallana both came on in the Champions League Final when only half fit. Klopp had been playing him consistently up until he got hurt.

Can came on with minutes left. Hardly a show of faith in him. It's somewhat natural that he'd be frozen out for other players who will be there next season, J70. But in the end Can is a better player than Henderson or AOC/Lalana so Liverpool made a balls of the Can situation.