Connacht Club Championships 2018

Started by Owenmoresider, September 24, 2018, 12:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Syferus on November 04, 2018, 11:33:38 PM
Since when is there such knowledge of Connacht club football in Laois
There always has been Syferus . Would u have a knowledge of Laois football and Leinster football ? I'd imagine so .

moysider

Desperately poor game in Kilglass. Sending off looked harsh and early yellow for Dillon was ridiculous.
I might be mistaken but I can only remember one Ballintubber score from play. Tourlestrane only pressed high up in injury time and defended too deep even with 14 in second half with wind advantage. Still their strategy nearly worked so ......

iorras

Quote from: Mano on November 04, 2018, 03:31:14 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on November 04, 2018, 03:06:15 PM
Ballintubber in a bit of bother here , although as I type tourlestrane have a man sent off . Very low scoring game 0-5 to 0-4 in favour of tubber.
And what a disgraceful decision it was too. Turned the game back in Ballintubber favour.
How? Ballintubber were winning by a point when he was sent off and won by a point in the end

iorras

Quote from: Mano on November 04, 2018, 07:55:22 PM
Big opportunity missed. Unfortunately started without a few players (L Gaughan and Surlis) and then G Gaughan got injured early on. Ballintubber are very ordinary. How on earth did they beat Castlebar? Diarmuid OConnor carried them over the line. Cillian was anonymous from play,  McIntyre won that duel easily. Harsh sending off helped them keep possesion of the ball for large portions of the last 15 minutes and bore to death those in attendance.
you should have put a "bitter poster alert" before that informative post

Mano

Quote from: iorras on November 05, 2018, 09:09:49 AM
Ballintubber in a bit of bother here , although as I type tourlestrane have a man sent off . Very low scoring game 0-5 to 0-4 in favour of tubber.
And what a disgraceful decision it was too. Turned the game back in Ballintubber favour.
How? Ballintubber were winning by a point when he was sent off and won by a point in the end
They basically kept possesion for the majoriry of the remaining 15 minutes rather than try and kick on and try and play a bit.

sans pessimism

Quote from: Mano on November 05, 2018, 09:22:03 AM
They basically kept possesion for the majoriry of the remaining 15 minutes rather than try and kick on and try and play a bit.
They won the game.job done.If the tanned one insisted on everyone behind the ball why would Tubber need to do anything other than retain possession.The onus was on Tourlstrane to "play a bit".
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on November 04, 2018, 11:33:38 PM
Since when is there such knowledge of Connacht club football in Laois
Why wouldn't Laois posters be interested ? 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

larryin89

Do I detect a little dislike for tubber from people outside of Mayo , cause of the o Connors perhaps ? Maybe I'm imagining it but they really are disliked outside of Mayo for some reason.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on November 05, 2018, 07:16:52 PM
Do I detect a little dislike for tubber from people outside of Mayo , cause of the o Connors perhaps ? Maybe I'm imagining it but they really are disliked outside of Mayo for some reason.

People don't care enough about Ballintubber to dislike them.

Laoiseabu

Hit the nail on the head u did syferus

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: sans pessimism on November 05, 2018, 09:45:53 AM
They won the game.job done.If the tanned one insisted on everyone behind the ball why would Tubber need to do anything other than retain possession.The onus was on Tourlstrane to "play a bit".
Play a bit with being a man down? Clueless, would of just opened them up to be picked off. Another refereeing performance in Connacht to savour. Ballintubber couldnt have had much more luck with all the injuries for Tourlestrane.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

moysider

Quote from: sans pessimism on November 05, 2018, 09:45:53 AM

Exactly. Tourlestrane were inviting Tubber to run into ambushes and get done on turnovers. It nearly worked too. Tubber got sucked in a bit and did turn over ball. Then they copped on. Tour. only did a high press in injury time when they were down to 13 men.

stephenite

That's a spectacular response Mano

Mano

Quote from: stephenite on November 06, 2018, 12:24:42 AM

That's a spectacular response Mano
Thanks

iorras

ah ref is saying Anthony Cunningham for the Rossies. good appointment but as hes not a Rossie if they don't win the all ireland in 2019 they'll turn on him