Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

Ronan had some memorable moments and deserves credit for his commitment.Could bounce back again lmo.

southtyronegael

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 26, 2019, 11:16:03 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on March 26, 2019, 10:49:39 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 26, 2019, 10:31:09 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on March 26, 2019, 10:20:12 AM
Best of luck to ronan o Neill in the future. Ruined by negative puke ball this last 5 odd years. Could have been a star. Such a waste of talent. Harte has alot to answer for and now he taking credit for playing the way we should have been all along

;D It's really bugs you when Tyrone start to play well doesn't it.
bugs me? I really enjoy it and the last 2 games look like a new era. How could any football man not enjoy it? What bugs me is the fact we have just wasted at least 5 years.
No your devastated. Same way you went quiet for most of the year last year. Doesn't help your constant narrative on here when the team are playing well. Only in your eyes would 2 Ulsters, quarter final appearances, semi final appearances and AI final appearance be classed as wasted especially in an era when we are up against the best County Team I've seen playing. Tyrone had many a wasted year in your reckoning.
devestated? More like vindicated. Go on, admit harte got it totally wrong.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: skeog on March 26, 2019, 11:52:22 AM
Ronan had some memorable moments and deserves credit for his commitment.Could bounce back again lmo.

Lovely footballer - maybe swallowed up by the physiques of modern defenders at intercounty level - will torture club players in division one this year.

That said, he didn't do himself justice this year, he clearly wasn't in shape early on.

Tyrone95

Good luck to him in his deicsion.. We know only too well of his ability at club level as he scored the decisive score in the 2014 county final against us..I do feel however that he should focus on club football as long as Harte is at the helm.. Clearly does not and will not fit Hartes idea of a modern day forward

trueblue1234

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 26, 2019, 12:13:14 PM
Best of luck to ronan o Neill in the future. Ruined by negative puke ball this last 5 odd years. Could have been a star. Such a waste of talent. Harte has alot to answer for and now he taking credit for playing the way we should have been all along

bugs me? I really enjoy it and the last 2 games look like a new era. How could any football man not enjoy it? What bugs me is the fact we have just wasted at least 5 years.
No your devastated. Same way you went quiet for most of the year last year. Doesn't help your constant narrative on here when the team are playing well. Only in your eyes would 2 Ulsters, quarter final appearances, semi final appearances and AI final appearance be classed as wasted especially in an era when we are up against the best County Team I've seen playing. Tyrone had many a wasted year in your reckoning.
We'll park it there. I ain't disappearing down that rabbit hole with you again.
As mentioned with regards to O'Neill, a classy statement from someone who never lacked desire. I'm fairly certain we'll see him in a Tyrone shirt again.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

southtyronegael

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 26, 2019, 12:41:15 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on March 26, 2019, 12:13:14 PM

We'll park it there. I ain't disappearing down that rabbit hole with you again.
As mentioned with regards to O'Neill, a classy statement from someone who never lacked desire. I'm fairly certain we'll see him in a Tyrone shirt again.
I agree, hopefully we see him in a Tyrone shirt again with a manager that knows what to do with him.

imtommygunn

How many county footballers of that stature do you see these days? I think he's very gifted but in terms of how the county game is physical size counts very much against him. That isn't Harte's fault - nor to be honest his.

Though from anything I have read here you seem to be able to twist anything to try and stick the knife in heart. Very sad behaviour. What a failure getting you to an Ai final, winning silverware repeatedly and consistently being among the top 4 or 5 teams in the country...

trueblue1234

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 26, 2019, 12:58:33 PM
How many county footballers of that stature do you see these days? I think he's very gifted but in terms of how the county game is physical size counts very much against him. That isn't Harte's fault - nor to be honest his.

Though from anything I have read here you seem to be able to twist anything to try and stick the knife in heart. Very sad behaviour. What a failure getting you to an Ai final, winning silverware repeatedly and consistently being among the top 4 or 5 teams in the country...

Unfortunately if he stuck to commenting on football I wouldn't agree with him but you could put up with it as opinions and all that. But some of the personal comments against Harte were low. The one in particular regarding Michaela's charity was particularly disgusting and should have resulted in a ban.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

RedHand88

Will you give it a rest for once in your life. Your absence on here after the Dublin game was telling.

tyrone08

Interesting read http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2019/03/26/news/forward-reassignment-was-stumbled-upon-at-training-insists-tyrone-s-mattie-donnelly-1582541/

Appears the players stumbled on this formation instead of it being a worked on plan. You would have to question if the players didnt find this out would mickey have stuck to the same game plan that has failed many times before?

The real test will be i tight games and Tyrone go a fee points down if mickey can resist trying to defend a loss. No matter what happens i hope tyrone stick to this current style of football. I would rather watch them get beat playing like this than mass defending.

BennyHarp

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 27, 2019, 09:42:10 AM
Interesting read http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2019/03/26/news/forward-reassignment-was-stumbled-upon-at-training-insists-tyrone-s-mattie-donnelly-1582541/

Appears the players stumbled on this formation instead of it being a worked on plan. You would have to question if the players didnt find this out would mickey have stuck to the same game plan that has failed many times before?

The real test will be i tight games and Tyrone go a fee points down if mickey can resist trying to defend a loss. No matter what happens i hope tyrone stick to this current style of football. I would rather watch them get beat playing like this than mass defending.

Like last Sunday?
That was never a square ball!!

WT4E

Does this suggest player power?

tyrone08

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 27, 2019, 11:14:42 AM

Like last Sunday?

Yes like last Sunday. Although i have a feeling that going down a few points in a national league game will be slightly different than say an ai semi final. The temptation to revert back to old ways will be strong.

Really hope we continue to play like this regardless of the opposition. This would give the players great confidence and allow more time to perfect it.

tyrone08

Quote from: WT4E on March 27, 2019, 11:39:41 AM

Does this suggest player power?

Hopefully the players are being more vocal and are voicing their beliefs more. It sort of paints the managment in a less than postive light if they didnt foresee a need to change tactics before the players did.

southtyronegael

Hang on a minute? Stumbled upon a new formation? Long ball into big target man has been used successfully by teams for over a hundred years. I wish Tyrone players would do less interviews.