The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

There are hundreds of millions of people living in third world conditions in countries that share either a direct or indirect land border with the US. Do you think he should encourage or discourage people from these count to come here illegally?

seafoid

Whitey has reached his Aughrim on this.

Trump and Coulter are well into Nazi territory. Trump for saying the US was infested with immigrants. Coulter for saying the kids were child actors.

Meanwhile Fox News host Laura Ingraham described the detention centers in which the children were housed "as essentially summer camps"
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

sid waddell

Quote from: seafoid on June 20, 2018, 02:58:34 PM
Whitey has reached his Aughrim on this.

Trump and Coulter are well into Nazi territory. Trump for saying the US was infested with immigrants. Coulter for saying the kids were child actors.

Meanwhile Fox News host Laura Ingraham described the detention centers in which the children were housed "as essentially summer camps"
Whitey fancies himself as a bit of a Goebbels.

screenexile

Quote from: whitey on June 20, 2018, 02:55:34 PM
There are hundreds of millions of people living in third world conditions in countries that share either a direct or indirect land border with the US. Do you think he should encourage or discourage people from these count to come here illegally?

Illegal immigration should be deterred but not by separating kids from their families, there are many other means to do it!!

There you go a simple answer to a simple question be careful your brain doesn't explode because it's not something you've been able to do yourself previously!!

J70

You pose that question as if anything short of ripping breastfeeding babies and young kids away from their parents and segregating them in detention centers is encouraging illegal immigration.

Hardy

There may be a shred of hope in this. This may be the issue that opens a number of eyes that were willfully closed to the jackboot tactics of Trump as prompted by Bannon/Mercer before and the poisonous ideologue Miller now.

If the deluded base start to see the Idiot Emperor's naked buttocks on this, it will be easier for them to see through him on other issues. And it is also the issue that seems to be an outrage too far even for elected Republicans, with Rep. governors recalling their national Guard units from border duties.

It only takes a proportion of those less blinkered than Whitey to see the light to put an end to be put to this nightmare an give a chance for America to take a good look at itself and where dog whistle, ultra-polarised politics is taking it.

whitey

Quote from: screenexile on June 20, 2018, 03:11:10 PM

Illegal immigration should be deterred but not by separating kids from their families, there are many other means to do it!!

There you go a simple answer to a simple question be careful your brain doesn't explode because it's not something you've been able to do yourself previously!!

Did I ever say I agreed with it....quite the opposite

What Im saying, and you can agree or disagree with me, is that the media struck out on their first two attempts to hammer Trump on immigration. This one is working because tecnhically Obama didnt do this.

If I understand correctly (and feel free to correct me), Obama modified an existing law, so that these families either need to be released or separated. You dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure out which option Trump is going to take

Obama put kids in cages and he "lost" kids, but no outrage over that for the past eight years.....wonder why?

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 20, 2018, 04:07:39 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 20, 2018, 03:11:10 PM

Did I ever say I agreed with it....quite the opposite

What Im saying, and you can agree or disagree with me, is that the media struck out on their first two attempts to hammer Trump on immigration. This one is working because tecnhically Obama didnt do this.

If I understand correctly (and feel free to correct me), Obama modified an existing law, so that these families either need to be released or separated. You dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure out which option Trump is going to take

Obama put kids in cages and he "lost" kids, but no outrage over that for the past eight years.....wonder why?

What part of ripping toddlers and babies from their mothers do you not understand??

There's no "technically" here. Obama DIDN'T do it.

This has nothing to do with Obama. This has enraged people because most people are at least somewhat empathetic and horrified by the thought of having their kids taken away.

You know, they can put themselves on those people's shoes.

Obama, like most presidents, has some level of morality and ethics. Trump does not.

IF Obama had done it, there would be massive outrage, and justifiably so.

This is not a political matter for most people. It's a moral matter.

That anyone would defend or resort to whataboutery to downplay it is a f**king disgrace.

Armamike

Shameful behaviour from Trump and the US.  How can the US lecture other countries on human rights when this stuff is going on in their backyard.
That's just, like your opinion man.

J70

Well, headlines say he is going to sign an order to stop splitting the families up.

I wonder who or what turned him?

Itchy

Has Donald Trump seen the women from Iran. Looking atvthe world cup here and some beautiful women in the crowd. I'm sure he'd make peace with Iran in a flash if he was watching.

Eamonnca1

If the Iranians were smart they'd send a hot female negotiator over and he'd re-join the Iran nuclear deal as quick as lightning.

easytiger95

I wonder did Trump let Whitey know before this U-turn?

It really is a problem for these Trump apologists - how much Nazi is too much Nazi?

And now Donald Trump is too much Nazi for ...Trump, Donald J!!!

Whitey left holding the swastika covered bag.

A lesson learned by many of his sub contractors...Donald is never left holding the bag.

Hilarious.

But not.

whitey

Read back..... I never said I agreed with the policy.  In fact I said I disagreed with it twice if not three times.

What I did say was that even though I disagreed with it, I understood why in some cases it made sense. Over 90 % of minors crossing the border do so without a family member ir legal guardians. If a bunch of people show up without papers or ID how the fvck is the border patrol agent supposed to know who's who.....read the LA Times link I posted earlier

I also said that twice in the past month the Left attempted to blame Trump for immigration policies that were actually initiated under Obama. Kids in cages and "lost" children

They struck out both times, but this time they found something equally or more abhorrent that was exclusive to Trump and it stuck.  The selective outrage is nauseating

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU