12 Apostles 25 years on and Current Dubs

Started by highorlow, March 25, 2008, 10:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Quote from: highorlow on March 26, 2008, 10:59:07 PM
Quote"At the end of the day it was a major achievement. Everyone had a winners medal and we were extremely proud."
Brian Mullins, Dublin Player 

When / What year did Mullins state that? I'm sure it was soon after the 83 final ? Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Mullins donate his 83 AI medal to charity, i think i remember watching some RTE telethon thing about 15 years ago and he said he was donating the medal for a charity auction cause he was ashamed of it ?

Any Dubs clarify if my memory is coorect and if so i wonder where the medal is now?

Brian Muliins has given away all his All Ireland winners medals, including club. Mainly to female members of his family, I remember the incident you're on about, but I've no recollection, and have never heard of, the story about him being ashamed of it. It doesn't sound like him!

Gnevin

Quote from: stephenite on March 26, 2008, 11:09:00 PM
Quote from: highorlow on March 26, 2008, 10:59:07 PM
Quote"At the end of the day it was a major achievement. Everyone had a winners medal and we were extremely proud."
Brian Mullins, Dublin Player 

When / What year did Mullins state that? I'm sure it was soon after the 83 final ? Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Mullins donate his 83 AI medal to charity, i think i remember watching some RTE telethon thing about 15 years ago and he said he was donating the medal for a charity auction cause he was ashamed of it ?

Any Dubs clarify if my memory is coorect and if so i wonder where the medal is now?

Brian Muliins has given away all his All Ireland winners medals, including club. Mainly to female members of his family, I remember the incident you're on about, but I've no recollection, and have never heard of, the story about him being ashamed of it. It doesn't sound like him!
He wasn't a shamed , he said since he didn't finish the game he didn't feel he earned it
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

aontroim abu

I this game well - I was sitting in the lower Cusack with my Dad right in line with Duff when he booted yer man. At the time Talty was teaching us PE in St Davids Artane, Mullins was teaching in Killbarrack (I think). Talty didnt appear back in school until the following Thursday, sporting a nice shiner. He obviously took some severe ribbing as he got a kid suspended for slabbering a bit too much about the game.

highorlow

say no more, they were at it again in the Nell today!

with this carry on the Dubs are going nowhere fast!
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go