Radio Coverage of Games

Started by Stalin, November 18, 2007, 02:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stalin

What online stations are carrying the games this afternoon? Would be particularly interested in a link to the glenullin match if possible. Cheers
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

orangeman

dodo

On an aside, anybody who listens to Radio na Gaeltachta will hear one of the best match commentators in Gearóidín Nic an Iomaire. Good calm commentary but with a rhythm that provides excitement. Is she the only female match commentator about ?

Stalin

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

ExiledGael

Couldn't find any live coverage (in a language I fully understand), highland radio had reporters at both Ulster semi-finals so stayed listening to them, even though they were covering the Donegal U-21 A final!! Only going to Clones and Omagh when it was over. Tuned in to Newstalk for the southern scores.

Tyrones own

I have no idea why i keep trying to log into Q101 to listen to games as it never f**king works,
wonder are they aware of it or do they even care >:(
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

thebandit

I think Tigger and Martin are fairly good!

inthemaking

i wouldnt say they are good but it is a comedy listenin to them

Louth Exile

When it comes to GAA radio coverage, why do people not just listen to RTE radio 1 ??? Apart from your own local radio station are they not the one to go too for GAA??

When it comes to day time radio I normally listen to Today FM, I do this in the knowledge that they (like their TV equivalent TV3) do far more for the promotion of Soccer & Rugby than they will ever do for GAA or horse racing. The Today FM sports news this morning did mention AIB club games at the very end, but there musn't have been any football matches in Leinster as there were none mentioned!!! When your man John Duggan came on to the Ray D'arcy show for his weekly sports slot they discussed, international soccer, henikeen cup rugby and the wrc, but not a word on the club matches. If there was club team from Monaghan and Armagh beatin the heads off each other at the end of a match they would cover it.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

ExiledGael

Quote from: ExiledGael on November 18, 2007, 06:15:12 PM
Couldn't find any live coverage (in a language I fully understand), highland radio had reporters at both Ulster semi-finals so stayed listening to them, even though they were covering the Donegal U-21 A final!! Only going to Clones and Omagh when it was over. Tuned in to Newstalk for the southern scores.

Just realising how bad Highland were when reading match reports in todays papers. They spent ten minutes talking about Oisin's character and ability to put over the last minute 45. It wasn't even him. Nudie Hughes the worst of all going on about it

Feckitt

I think FiveFM is really good.  Ok, Damien can't see, and he gets his tongue tangled but it's great craic listening to him.  Also the other man keeps him informed on what is really happening.  Good coverage every Sunday.  And a good general sports debate after the match that covers local and national sport

Leo

I think Damiann is class. Not afraid of his local accent, plenty of banter, funny at times, with a little bit of guidnace could be a folk hero.
Most commentators are boring and lack originality but Gerry Quinn on Five takes the biscuit and  gives dull a bad name. How in the name of all this holy can we not find someone else than Mr Tranquiliser. Turn it OFF immediately!
Fierce tame altogether