David Clifford

Started by JimStynes, August 21, 2017, 08:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

He's heading for burnout.

Wouldn't be surprised if he picks up a series injury.

No angel either.  That's all.
#newbridgeornowhere

Main Street

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 11, 2020, 09:38:06 AM
He's heading for burnout.

Wouldn't be surprised if he picks up a series injury.

No angel either.  That's all.
Thats all?
So he's destined for a stretch in limbo, possibly Hell (eternity),  burnt out and with a serious injury on top.
I suppose it could be worse :D

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

greatpoint

Quote from: Kingdom37 on February 11, 2020, 08:36:56 AM
Best forward in the country. Aside from the sending off gave an exhibition of point scoring.

He has faded quite a bit the in second half of each of Kerry's league games so far, but because it's hard to get a grounded appraisal of him it doesn't get mentioned.

tonto1888

Quote from: Kingdom37 on February 11, 2020, 08:36:56 AM
Best forward in the country. Aside from the sending off gave an exhibition of point scoring.

Is he tho?  Ether than say mannion or O'Callaghan for example

imtommygunn

Shane Walsh not too shabby at the minute either. I wouldn't say he was any better than mcshane last year either.

Still fantastic and *probably* loads more to come but not sure he is quite the best yet.

Dinny Breen

I genuinely feel sorry for him.

Seriously talented footballer but the hype is ridiculous, Marty Morrissey is running out of superlatives with him even a simple score is treated like a score from the gods.

He should never have made Captain and if Kerry were serious about the Championship they should have given him the league off and worked on a defensive system. Peter Keane like all managers has an ego, he's not doing Clifford any favours. 
#newbridgeornowhere

Captain Obvious

Wildweasel74

CK_Redhand

How can he win Kerry senior and premier junior championships? Is the club not one or the other?

Nanderson

Quote from: CK_Redhand on January 15, 2023, 10:10:55 PM
How can he win Kerry senior and premier junior championships? Is the club not one or the other?
Won junior with his club and senior with divisional team

galwayman

Have seen a lot of quality forwards in my time but I don't think anybody who is as consistently brilliant as Clifford. He seems to shoot the lights out almost every time he plays regardless of what level it's played at. Such a class player.

Silver hill

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 11, 2020, 05:32:04 PM
Shane Walsh not too shabby at the minute either. I wouldn't say he was any better than mcshane last year either.

Still fantastic and *probably* loads more to come but not sure he is quite the best yet.

Mcshane......from Tyrone.....are you crazy.......very very average footballer.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Silver hill on January 15, 2023, 11:04:48 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 11, 2020, 05:32:04 PM

Mcshane......from Tyrone.....are you crazy.......very very average footballer.

That post was 3 years ago
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

seafoid

All the talk about Clifford as the greatest ever is over the top imo. He has 4 all stars and is 23.
All Stars are highly correlated with all Irelands for older players. Kerry will have to keep winning.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU