Would you manage versus your own

Started by Truth hurts, November 08, 2022, 09:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieTully

Quote from: SHEEDY on November 09, 2022, 09:24:20 PM
Are Ballybay complaining about the situation? If not why does it bother other people so much? Seems to be a lot of it from people who want to have a go at Jerome Johnson and/or Kilcoo.

In a nutshell.

Wildweasel74

Nothing but another rock n roll mercenary.

trueblue1234

He's in a no win situation unfortunately. If Ballybay go on to win, Kilcoo will feel he was still involved behind the scenes providing the inside on Kilcoo. If they lose I'd imagine it would be a reason to blame for Ballybay, whether it was or not.

We love a good reason to blame a loss on in the GAA.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Eire90

its not like hes leading an army into battle against his children where his children could die.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 10, 2022, 10:17:32 AM
He's in a no win situation unfortunately. If Ballybay go on to win, Kilcoo will feel he was still involved behind the scenes providing the inside on Kilcoo. If they lose I'd imagine it would be a reason to blame for Ballybay, whether it was or not.

We love a good reason to blame a loss on in the GAA.

If all else fails blame the ref!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eire90

gaaman2016

Jerome managed my own club back in 2015 and he ended up managing us to win the Ulster intermediate championship. When he took on the job he said he would not manage us against Kilcoo in a league or championship match. He stood down in 2016 when we got promoted to the senior championship which we assume was to avoid such a conflict arising

At least he's been consistent in his views

Eire90

seems like its media making a big deal of it

blanketattack

I know a couple of Gaelic football development coaches who work in a different county than their own.
Anytime their adopted county plays their home county in the minor championship, they ring the minor manager of their home county and give him a full run down of the strengths, weaknesses and tactics of the players and the team of their adopted team, even when he was a selector on the adopted county minor team.

Just shows blood is thicker than water and money!

Armagh18

Quote from: blanketattack on November 10, 2022, 01:05:46 PM
I know a couple of Gaelic football development coaches who work in a different county than their own.
Anytime their adopted county plays their home county in the minor championship, they ring the minor manager of their home county and give him a full run down of the strengths, weaknesses and tactics of the players and the team of their adopted team, even when he was a selector on the adopted county minor team.

Fair enough at minor level but any decent manager will have seen plenty of Kilcoo/Ballybay, not entirely sure where the advantage lies here

Truth hurts

Quote from: blanketattack on November 10, 2022, 01:05:46 PM

lies

seafoid

This is all a culture war to distract from the Cargin match
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on November 10, 2022, 05:49:28 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on November 10, 2022, 05:23:45 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on November 10, 2022, 10:44:52 AM
whats the odds on the match

Ballybay 2/1
Kilcoo 8/15

Ballybay might not be the worst investment at those odds.
You can certainly do better than crypto
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU