Attendances

Started by southtyronegael, January 27, 2020, 10:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 02, 2020, 09:45:01 AM
Big crowds last night. Mayo/Dublin 15000. Kerry/Galway 11000.

I'd hazard a guess nearer 20k at McHale Park last night . Stand holds ten , in no way possible was there a mere 5k in the rest of the ground , just doesn't add up .  Im going to actually count the people at the Kerry game in a few weeks time and prove they are telling lies 😆
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

U16s free so not counted?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

southtyronegael

Quote from: Rossfan on February 02, 2020, 10:36:50 AM
U16s free so not counted?
yeah it would be 15000 paid in and easily another few thousand kids free.

From the Bunker

There must have been 3 to 4 thousand from Dublin. They really do travel in large numbers.

southtyronegael

Any attendance from castleblaney or navan?

southtyronegael

guy crouchback

Quote from: larryin89 on February 02, 2020, 10:22:23 AM

I'd hazard a guess nearer 20k at McHale Park last night . Stand holds ten , in no way possible was there a mere 5k in the rest of the ground , just doesn't add up .  Im going to actually count the people at the Kerry game in a few weeks time and prove they are telling lies 😆

they have been under reporting the crowds in mc hale park at league matches for years and its pretty  consistent always around the  3/4k mark.  i'm assuming that a percentage of tickets sold on the night which are of course  are cash transactions are not reported in the attendance.

five points

Quote from: guy crouchback on February 03, 2020, 10:16:43 AM
they have been under reporting the crowds in mc hale park at league matches for years and its pretty  consistent always around the  3/4k mark.  i'm assuming that a percentage of tickets sold on the night which are of course  are cash transactions are not reported in the attendance.

The tickets should be sequentially numbered though to enable easy counting? That's why they have tickets in the first place. Season tickets, home supporters clubs and kids usually don't pay in and arent counted in the figure.

rosnarun

how many can the stand in Navan hold . I would expect a big may crowd there esp expats  in dublins
a the Land commission boys
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

guy crouchback

Quote from: five points on February 03, 2020, 10:27:57 AM
Quote from: guy crouchback on February 03, 2020, 10:16:43 AM

The tickets should be sequentially numbered though to enable easy counting? That's why they have tickets in the first place. Season tickets, home supporters clubs and kids usually don't pay in and arent counted in the figure.

everyone who goes through the turnstiles is supposed to be counted and are''officially'' counted, that includes all kids, season ticket holders ect, so the attendance should reflect everyone who went through the turnstiles.
i have absolutely no proof of any miscounting but for those familiar with mc hale park it has seemed obvious enough for a good few years now that the figures are unreported.
the suspicion is that this is some way of avoiding declaring the money garnered from such tickets. season tickets are no good for this, nor are tickets sold on line or in supervalu. the only place those in charge have any control is on the tickets sold on the gate.
this is cash collected on the night, so i suppose in theory it would be possible to not declare these tickets and have perhaps one turnstile not ''wired up'' this is all pure speculation of course and i'm sure mayo gaa would never engage in such behavior.
the issue of tickets issued having number on them is irrelevant as children dont have any tickets at all so that muddies the water enough in that regard.

Unlaoised

3100 at Laois v Armagh

Big crowd for a Saturday night
LAOIS ABÚ

AFM

Quote from: Unlaoised on February 03, 2020, 02:54:43 PM
3100 at Laois v Armagh

Big crowd for a Saturday night

Armagh always travel in numbers!

clonadmad

Hurling

Limerick v Galway 14,000