glastonbury

Started by bcarrier, June 27, 2009, 12:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smelmoth

Quote from: screenexile on June 27, 2015, 11:40:24 PM
Suede aren't great but they're singling without autotune and singing their hits which puts them about 10 places ahead of that twat on the Pyramid stage!!

Reminds me of when the Gorillaz filled in for U2 5\6 years ago and they were possible worse!!

Jaysus I think Suede are hitting the mark. Have seen them at Glasto twice. It just didn't work the year I seen them outdoors but I think they might have been hitting the needle a bit too much back then. Indoors they are immense.

michaelg

Quote from: smelmoth on June 27, 2015, 11:44:00 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 27, 2015, 11:40:24 PM
Suede aren't great but they're singling without autotune and singing their hits which puts them about 10 places ahead of that twat on the Pyramid stage!!

Reminds me of when the Gorillaz filled in for U2 5\6 years ago and they were possible worse!!

Jaysus I think Suede are hitting the mark. Have seen them at Glasto twice. It just didn't work the year I seen them outdoors but I think they might have been hitting the needle a bit too much back then. Indoors they are immense.
Defo on the Just for Men, but your man is in good nick for 47 - Especially given his previous over-indulgences.

Harold Disgracey

Thoroughly enjoying this Suede set. Last saw them live in the Ulster Hall, must've been about 1997.

screenexile

He just said he's the greatest rockstar on the planet...

Greatest bellend I reckon!!

screenexile

Joe Wylie doing her best to keep it in check but she knows it was tripe!!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on June 27, 2015, 11:47:55 PM
Thoroughly enjoying this Suede set. Last saw them live in the Ulster Hall, must've been about 1997.
It was the night Ken Doherty won the snooker world championship.

SHEEDY

Florence and the machine have been the stars of the show so far. Watched all of rudimentals set and thought they were good as well. Saturday night was as poor a line up at glastonbury as I can remember.
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

Tony Baloney

A shocker this year. They definitely missed The Foo Fighters.

charlieTully

really enjoyed the hot chip set on Friday, will defo check them out at EP, Jon Hopkins class as well. Kanye is turd. Great albums but it doesn't work live.

screenexile

Paul Weller tearing up the Pyramid Stage... Glasto's about more than just headliners even if they are shit (which Kanye was, Flo was excellent and I'm hoping the Who will be too). Even with Kanye last night Suede were good!

screenexile

Forget the Who the Chemical Brothers are off the charts here... Class!!!

easytiger95

Made the mistake of watching Kanye last night - not a fan, but wanted him to do well to stick it to those eejits signing petitions. But he was awful, underprepared and seemed not only out of his depth but oblivious to the gig he was actually meant to be doing - he was headlining and he just seemed not to connect with the experience at all. Very poor, and insulting to those who paid money. Hip hop should obviously be part of the festival, but this was bad music, bad gig, bad vibes.

Chemical brothers are killing it at the moment, looks like an epic gig.

BennyHarp

The Who can still belt an oul tune to be fair to them.
That was never a square ball!!

thebigfella

Kayne achieved everything he set out to do.... we are all still talking about it. Have had the misfortune of hearing Florence and the Machine live twice; terrible stuff altogether but I suppose it could be worse, Gareth Brooks could be polluting us.