All Stars 2012

Started by yellowcard, August 08, 2012, 10:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donegal_abu

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 08, 2012, 06:01:42 PM
For a team that prides themselves on fitness levels etc, McGuinness should get Durcan to do a few laps, the ned kelly on him, looks like he just hoped of the bar stool

To be fair to durcan he continues to amaze me. the way he can get down so quick for his size still shocks me... he's 6ft 5 but makes some unbelievable saves.

Orangemac

Rory Kavanagh must be in with a shout in midfield, he has always had skill in abundance but this has been the most consistent year I have seen him have.

rrhf

Durcan is streets ahead at the moment.  Mc Hugh, McFadden, are v close to certainties 

nrico2006

Quote from: donegal_abu on August 08, 2012, 09:23:49 PM
For a team that prides themselves on fitness levels etc, McGuinness should get Durcan to do a few laps, the ned kelly on him, looks like he just hoped of the bar stool

To be fair to durcan he continues to amaze me. the way he can get down so quick for his size still shocks me... he's 6ft 5 but makes some unbelievable saves.

Still, I think the earlier point was entirely valid in that he would probably be a better keeper if he shed some weight. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

moysider

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 09, 2012, 08:52:18 AM

Is he asthmatic I wonder? Often big lads that can t breathe too well play between the sticks when they re young.

Still, I think the earlier point was entirely valid in that he would probably be a better keeper if he shed some weight.

Fuzzman

Does he live in Dublin or in Donegal?

What's people's thoughts on All Star midfielders this year?
It's a position that has changed a lot with the new defensive strategies and so the day of the high catches and long range point kicking seem to have gone.

donegal_abu

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 09, 2012, 08:52:18 AM

Maybe he would but he's doing a damn good job as it is ! To answer someone elses question, hes working and living in Dublin as far as i'm aware.

shawshank

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 09, 2012, 02:40:39 PM
Does he live in Dublin or in Donegal?

What's people's thoughts on All Star midfielders this year?
It's a position that has changed a lot with the new defensive strategies and so the day of the high catches and long range point kicking seem to have gone.

It is a position that has changed, but to suggest their is no high catching is way off the mark, the catches are now challenged less due to the keepers accuracy and also the tactics used to create space to win the kickout clean, but the most inaccurate aspect of your post is the suggestion of long range point kicking, indeed I ask myself what have you been watching, long range point taking is very much alive and IMO better then it has ever been. Sundays game with Donegal and Kerry no better a point to prove it on. The blanket defense has had the positive impact of making footballers practise this aspect of kicking long range more offen and accurate than in the past.

Denn Forever

QuoteStill, I think the earlier point was entirely valid in that he would probably be a better keeper if he shed some weight. 

With the change in the rules re. the Square Ball, his height and bulk would be useful.  Weight is not an issue as the most important thing is reaction time and his reading of the game.  So far they are spot on.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ross4life

All Star nominations

Goalkeepers: David Clarke (Mayo); Stephen Cluxton (Dublin); Paul Durcan (Donegal).

Full Backs: Eoin Cadogan (Cork); Ger Cafferkey (Mayo); Keith Higgins (Mayo); Donal Keogan (Meath); Eamon McGee (Donegal)Neil McGee (Donegal); Paddy McGrath (Donegal); Rory O'Carroll (Dublin); Michael Shields (Cork)

Half backs: Emmet Bolton (Kildare); Colm Boyle (Mayo); Adrian Flynn (Wexford); Lee Keegan (Mayo); Karl Lacey (Donegal) Frank McGlynn (Donegal); Kevin Nolan (Dublin); Michael Quinn (Longford); Anthony Thompson (Donegal)

Midfielders: Neil Gallagher (Donegal); Rory Kavanagh (Donegal); Barry Moran (Mayo) Aidan O'Shea (Mayo); Brendan Quigley (Laois); Aidan Walsh (Cork)

Half Forwards: Paul Barden (Longford); Alan Dillon (Mayo); Paul Flynn (Dub); Paul Kerrigan (Cork) Michael Darragh Macauley (Dublin) Mark McHugh (Donegal); Kevin McLoughlin (Mayo); Graham Reilly (Meath); Ciarán Sheehan (Cork)

Full forwards: Bernard Brogan (Dublin); Jamie Clarke (Armagh); Colm Cooper (Kerry) Conor Laverty (Down); Colm McFadden (Donegal); Andy Moran (Mayo) Michael Murphy (Donegal); Donncha O'Connor (Cork); Colm O'Neill (Cork)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

screenmachine

How does Jamie Clarke get nominated in every All Star list going? If he sat out a season I'd still be pretty confident that he'd get his customary nomination...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

RandyDupree

Quote from: ross4life on October 03, 2012, 12:40:45 AM
All Star nominations

Goalkeepers: David Clarke (Mayo); Stephen Cluxton (Dublin); Paul Durcan (Donegal).

Full Backs: Eoin Cadogan (Cork); Ger Cafferkey (Mayo); Keith Higgins (Mayo); Donal Keogan (Meath); Eamon McGee (Donegal)Neil McGee (Donegal); Paddy McGrath (Donegal); Rory O'Carroll (Dublin); Michael Shields (Cork)

Half backs: Emmet Bolton (Kildare); Colm Boyle (Mayo); Adrian Flynn (Wexford); Lee Keegan (Mayo); Karl Lacey (Donegal) Frank McGlynn (Donegal); Kevin Nolan (Dublin); Michael Quinn (Longford); Anthony Thompson (Donegal)

Midfielders: Neil Gallagher (Donegal); Rory Kavanagh (Donegal); Barry Moran (Mayo) Aidan O'Shea (Mayo); Brendan Quigley (Laois); Aidan Walsh (Cork)

Half Forwards: Paul Barden (Longford); Alan Dillon (Mayo); Paul Flynn (Dub); Paul Kerrigan (Cork) Michael Darragh Macauley (Dublin) Mark McHugh (Donegal); Kevin McLoughlin (Mayo); Graham Reilly (Meath); Ciarán Sheehan (Cork)

Full forwards: Bernard Brogan (Dublin); Jamie Clarke (Armagh); Colm Cooper (Kerry) Conor Laverty (Down); Colm McFadden (Donegal); Andy Moran (Mayo) Michael Murphy (Donegal); Donncha O'Connor (Cork); Colm O'Neill (Cork)

ballinaman

Durcan over Clarke really grinds my gears. He had pratically only had 1 save to make all summer ffs.

seafoid

No nominations for Antrim.

When is the last time Cavan won an all-Star ? 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

ballinaman

Quote from: seafoid on October 03, 2012, 08:36:42 AM
No nominations for Antrim.

When is the last time Cavan won an all-Star ?
Big dermot mc cabe in 97 If I remember correctly