TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Not the ideal thread for this but there has been a lot of talk of Epstein and his murky friends in here. I'd say there are a lot of big names twitching today

https://www.rte.ie/news/us/2020/0702/1151002-ghislaine-maxwell/

How long will she last??

Taylor

Quote from: Boycey on July 03, 2020, 09:32:06 AM
Not the ideal thread for this but there has been a lot of talk of Epstein and his murky friends in here. I'd say there are a lot of big names twitching today

How long will she last??

If she does last expect her to sing like a bird

Boycey

Quote from: Taylor on July 03, 2020, 11:51:46 AM

How long will she last??

That's the thing she appears to be looking at a long stretch I'm sure her co-operation would be handsomely rewatded in terms of a deal

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Boycey on July 03, 2020, 12:19:58 PM

How long will she last??

That's the thing she appears to be looking at a long stretch I'm sure her co-operation would be handsomely rewatded in terms of a deal

Possibly 35-40yrs. The whole world will be watching closely. It'll be interesting to see if anything comes of this considering the names involved. The connection with your man Barr is interesting.

Taylor

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on July 03, 2020, 12:29:36 PM
Quote from: Boycey on July 03, 2020, 12:19:58 PM

How long will she last??

Possibly 35-40yrs. The whole world will be watching closely. It'll be interesting to see if anything comes of this considering the names involved. The connection with your man Barr is interesting.

It will be a surprise if they manage to knock her off after what happened to Jeff.

Would imagine there are a lot of big names making calls to their lawyer buddies.

J70

Watched Alt Right: Age of Rage on Netflix.

Fairly topical at the moment given its climax around the Charlottesville statue and riots and the murder of Heather Heyer.

They've slipped off the scene a wee bit, Richard Spencer, Jared Taylor and Milo Yiannapolis and the rest of those gobshites. Hopefully Trump will follow their bigoted arses in a few months.

screenexile

Quote from: J70 on July 03, 2020, 08:06:07 PM
Watched Alt Right: Age of Rage on Netflix.

Fairly topical at the moment given its climax around the Charlottesville statue and riots and the murder of Heather Heyer.

They've slipped off the scene a wee bit, Richard Spencer, Jared Taylor and Milo Yiannapolis and the rest of those gobshites. Hopefully Trump will follow their bigoted arses in a few months.

They're not on twitter or the mainstream platforms so much but they're still about unfortunately!!

Alex Jones as well looking to eat his neighbours asses!

tbrick18

Finished watching Hunters on Amazon at the weekend.
Basically a group of Jews who had been in the concentration camps hunting for Nazis now living in the US.
Al Pacino is the big name in it. It's not bad, throws a few curve balls and has some comedic moments.

Newbridge Exile

Half a dozen episodes watched of  Schitt's  Creek and finding it very very funny so far.

Boycey

Has Condor been mentioned here? I watched 1st episode tonight based on a recommendation from Stephen Nolan's Twitter of all places. I enjoyed it, might give it a whirl...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Boycey on July 10, 2020, 12:53:00 AM
Has Condor been mentioned here? I watched 1st episode tonight based on a recommendation from Stephen Nolan's Twitter of all places. I enjoyed it, might give it a whirl...
Any relation to Three Days Of...? If it is then I'll give it a whirl.

Boycey

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 10, 2020, 12:54:15 AM
Quote from: Boycey on July 10, 2020, 12:53:00 AM
Any relation to Three Days Of...? If it is then I'll give it a whirl.

Yup, based on according to the brief written synopsis

Google tells me IMDb gave it 7.8/10 and Rotten Tomatoes 86%, promising...

Denn Forever

Been watching Scorpion, a modern day McGyver mixed with Scooby Doo.  Hokem but a bit of a romp.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Main Street

I watched Unorthodox straight through. A 4 part dramatisation of a young women's escape from a hassadic jewish community in New York.  Whatever awards are going for this type of drama, this one should come out on top, best lead actor by a country mile, Shira Haas.

gallsman

Quote from: Main Street on July 16, 2020, 10:14:42 PM
I watched Unorthodox straight through. A 4 part dramatisation of a young women's escape from a hassadic jewish community in New York.  Whatever awards are going for this type of drama, this one should come out on top, best lead actor by a country mile, Shira Haas.

Great show, really enjoyed it.