Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilsJemmysField

what time game in Kingscourt on Sunday

put-it-up-again

Dont leave me out BooJ. Maith an fear.

Kingscourt are playing at half 3 in Kingscourt.

Denn Forever

Best of luck to Kingscourt on Sunday.  Start the revival of CavanFootball please.

Best of Luck to Drumalee and Swad Sunday week in their respective championships.  Should be a good double header in Breffni!
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Swadman

Thanks DF. We had a good dress rehearsal last night under lights in the park. League and Championship double for the 1st time in the club's history. Chuffed, but the focus is on Ulster now. I think they are capable of giving it a good rattle this time.
Have to feel a little sorry for the munchies, 2 finals this year, no cups and missed promotion by one place, sickner.

Dougal

both games in breff next week,thats great news.hope to get up to the game tomorrow.both teams are winning their first title in a row so that makes it a bit harder to call.i saw in the celt kingscourt played dromintee in a challenge,dont think it said if they won or not,anyone know?

swad have a spine to their team that alot of intermediate clubs would do anything to have,so they should be fit to give it a good rattle.who do drumalee and swad play anyway?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Westside

What was the final score last night Swadman? I heard you beat them out the gate?

Swad should give Ulster a serious run. I can't imagine any other Junior team having the same amount of talented individuals at their disposal.. If they can keep 15 players on the pitch and concentrate on the football they could go far.

Kingscourt got hammered against the Armagh team from what I heard Dougal? Could be wrong though..

put-it-up-again

I think Kingscourt lost by 7 or so but were missing a few starting players so I wouldn't be reading into it too much.

I think they have every chance of getting the win tomorrow once they carry the same kind of attitude which they had in the county final in. Sometimes when a team wins a county final for the first time in a long time they think that is their job their job done. Anyway time will tell.

Swad also have a serious chance. The three Cunninghams, Gearoid, Chriss Curran and Robbie Prior would be welcomed by any club in Cavan.

Can anyone clarify who is going for the minor job? I heard Niall Lynch, Ciaran Brady and Bernard Morris. Then again, that might be completely wrong. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Being Dublin based I don't get as much gossip as I used too  ::)

rodney trotter

Corglass gaels beat erne gaels by 7pts 1-14 to 10 pts today.. so much for erne gaels galacticos team,they were poor and corglass could have won by a lot more.. bud was good in the first half but was quiet in the second half packie leddy was probaly the pick for erne gaels.. corglass looked a better team from 1-15 better workrate,and clinical fowards like barry mckiernan and stephen brady who both had fantastic games.. :)

Dougal

corglass played very well,didnt look like an amalgamation,which erne gaels did.jack brady was very good.both mckiernans were good aswel,barry even won a bit of ball when he moved to the back at the end.on paper erne gaels are the better team,but corglass gelled far better.i heard the gaels won a tight game,anyone at it?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

cavanforever

yes dougal the gaels won by 6 in the end 2-8 to 2-2. was a tight game up untill about 8 minutes to go when the gaels scored 1-3 in that space. castlerahan mountnugent ran out of steam and the gaels fitness showed. they will be hard stopped

whats my name

castlerahan/mtnugent game was a good tight hard hitting game was good up until the last 5 to 10 Min's they got the goal and it knocked the steam out of castlerahan/mtnugent. from what I've seen the Gaels are beatable few weak links in the team especially their keeper.

Terry Coyle

Was at our U21 game Saturday. Jesus we made hard work of it. We should have been out of sight by half time but kept them in it by missing a lot of chances. I thought that if they had have left Givney in full foward they could have taken it, anytime he came to midfield we got out important scores. But jesus he is a joy to watch, great hands, great skill and a big man. I thought Leddy, Kev Meehan and Niall Gurhy were very good for us, all backs goes to show how our forwards did. We have to improve but think we will. Was some big men playing for Rahan/MNugent they must like their spuds out there!

PhilsJemmysField

Ballinagh / Cornafean beat St. Killians by 2 points yesterday. Eugene Keating must have had a sore toe as he didn't start came on for last 10 minutes. Didn't look to be too much wrong with him as far as I could see. Kicked a ball over the bar from the 45. The knocks beat drumlane in the Div 2 league final with Larry apparently getting the ball 5 times and scored 4 times. Some-things will never change.

rodney trotter

BigMac

Rodney, there is a man utd thread in the general discussion section where you can get loads of talk about this. This thread is for Cavan GAA.