Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on April 07, 2009, 10:22:16 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on April 07, 2009, 10:05:43 PM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on April 07, 2009, 08:42:35 PM
Quote from: Homer on April 07, 2009, 03:11:33 PM
Ballinagh were well beaten by Gowna at the weekend. Final score something like 3-09 to 0.09. Ballinagh were missing a fair few players but even bearing that in mind it was a very performance. McCabe and Pierson played well and kicked almost all their scores. McKeever was fairly anonymous for much of the game bar a few nice runs.

I don't think too many of the Ballinagh boys are expected back from injury before the Castlerahen game next week so wouldn't rate our chances too highly.

I heard McKeever wasn't too anonymous inside & outside the Imperial Sunday night ;)

No need for that Lawrence thats his own business and nobody elses.
Aren't we so righteous. The wink of the eye was meant to read as a tongue in cheek comment. Funny, there was plenty to be said about the same player rolling around the ground outside the very same establishment a few months back and it seemed to all our business. Nevertheless, I apologise if anyone was offended, especially you C4E.
:D ;D ;)

Apology accepted   :D

I think club players should be left alone and not have their private lives spouted about on here  ;)

cavan4ever

Quote from: the salmon of knowledge on April 07, 2009, 10:25:34 PM
i was in tullyvin the other night c4e and asked a local (while buying 1 of your blottos) how was phil monaghan and he told me he was coming back from an operation, ye must be fairly hampered with injury up there what about b watters? is the lad fit of what??
heard ye got a new manager any truth in that??

It bad at the moment Salmon.  We havent had near a full team for any game yet.  Between injuries, stag parties and games where we cant play county players we are getting it hard to get 15 decent players on the field. 

Ronan Crowe, Philly Monahan, Ciarain Galligan and Alan Curran were missing against Kingscourt. Aidan McCaul has gone AWOL and Karl O'Rourke is just back last two weeks.   Barry Watters isnt well at the moment and probably should forget about playing this year for his own good.  He played last week but wasnt at the races.

Same manager is still there but i dont think he should be myself but where would you get a manger at this stage to take over a struggling team.

cavan4sam

I see Tommy Carr has given the captaincy to Ronan Flanagan for the coming year. Another great achievement for the young man. Hopefully he will manage to stay injury free for the year and keep playing as well as we all know he can. Might not be a good thing for us tho.

cavan4ever

Quote from: cavan4sam on April 08, 2009, 12:21:15 PM
I see Tommy Carr has given the captaincy to Ronan Flanagan for the coming year. Another great achievement for the young man. Hopefully he will manage to stay injury free for the year and keep playing as well as we all know he can. Might not be a good thing for us tho.

Tommy Carr has made a right choice here i think, Flanagan would be one of my fav Cavan players.  Why might it not be good for Castlerahan C4S?

cavan4sam

The lad already puts so much effort into the county that I'm afraid we wont get to see the best of him. He is an unbelievable player and I just hope that he doesn't burn out.

boojangles

Fantastic achievement for Ronan and his club and Im sure his father will be delighted. I think thats a great move because I dont think we have many more dedicated footballers than Ronan Flanagan. He is one player who has always kept his feet on the ground and has kept on improving, he never shouts or bitches at other players and just gets on with the game. For a 21 year old its a great achievement and Im sure he will go on to better things.
On another note about the County- we seem to have a fair spread of clubs on this thread from Senior, Intermediate and Junior.Has anybody spotted any prospective County players in any of the league games they have witnessed so far? we all know Eoin Smith of Killygarry deserves a call,anybody else?
Or any word on this Junior set-up? Is Terry Hyland in charge? who are his selectors?

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: boojangles on April 08, 2009, 01:18:43 PM
Fantastic achievement for Ronan and his club and Im sure his father will be delighted. I think thats a great move because I dont think we have many more dedicated footballers than Ronan Flanagan. He is one player who has always kept his feet on the ground and has kept on improving, he never shouts or bitches at other players and just gets on with the game. For a 21 year old its a great achievement and Im sure he will go on to better things.
On another note about the County- we seem to have a fair spread of clubs on this thread from Senior, Intermediate and Junior.Has anybody spotted any prospective County players in any of the league games they have witnessed so far? we all know Eoin Smith of Killygarry deserves a call,anybody else?
Or any word on this Junior set-up? Is Terry Hyland in charge? who are his selectors?
I'll get the ball rolling, if I may, Boojangles. I've seen (all division 2 coincidentally) Gaels (B), Cootehill, Killeshandra,Drumgoon & Drumalee. It's easy to pick out players that stand out but whether they'd make the county at this stage is hard to call.
Killeshandra have a few that I think could do with getting in around the scene over the next year or too namely Tomas O'Reilly & Damien Higgins. Higgins is incredibly conisistent while O'Reilly has a lot to learn but serious raw talent

I thought Gaffney for your own club is a lovely striker of the ball but he's been in before I think?

Colm Smith played great against the Gaels second team but then I don't think he played against Killeshandra. Did I hear he's away Celt man. Also, where is Colm Hannon these days as I don't think he's lining out for Drumgoon.

Other than that, nobody else is pushing from the few I've seen.

offthebeatentrack

Hi board, am new here and it seems a good discussion place relating to the football scene. Fair play to Ronan Flangan on becoming captain. I'm sure he'll do a great job. On that note what do you think are our chances on Sunday? For me, anytime I thought they should win they lost and vice versa so its hard to call. I think if they play to their potential they can certaintly win it.

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on April 08, 2009, 01:30:50 PM
I'll get the ball rolling, if I may, Boojangles. I've seen (all division 2 coincidentally) Gaels (B), Cootehill, Killeshandra,Drumgoon & Drumalee. It's easy to pick out players that stand out but whether they'd make the county at this stage is hard to call.
Killeshandra have a few that I think could do with getting in around the scene over the next year or too namely Tomas O'Reilly & Damien Higgins. Higgins is incredibly conisistent while O'Reilly has a lot to learn but serious raw talent

I thought Gaffney for your own club is a lovely striker of the ball but he's been in before I think?
Colm Smith played great against the Gaels second team but then I don't think he played against Killeshandra. Did I hear he's away Celt man. Also, where is Colm Hannon these days as I don't think he's lining out for Drumgoon.

Gaffney was never in before, he was asked in this year and declined.He is very hard to motivate and is very laid back.Unreal talent and strength when he wants to use it but no real get up and go in him.he would be the best full-forward in the county IMO if he was bothered,but thats the problem. Do ya mind me asking what game ya saw Drumalee Lawrence?
Was impressed with Tomas Reilly but he still is very raw.He would need working on but I heard he did very well for U-21s when he came on.

cavan4sam

Was this last nights training session?

the salmon of knowledge

regarding givney red and black, in fairness he needed a few lads round him to get stuck in. not defending him blindly, but we got ate out of it for not putting bodies on the line for 50 50 balls. a critism that was deserved. greaney had a good game tho. talking to him after and he is only back from chickenpox, disappointing result for us though

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: boojangles on April 08, 2009, 04:49:38 PM

Gaffney was never in before, he was asked in this year and declined.He is very hard to motivate and is very laid back.Unreal talent and strength when he wants to use it but no real get up and go in him.he would be the best full-forward in the county IMO if he was bothered,but thats the problem. Do ya mind me asking what game ya saw Drumalee Lawrence?
Was impressed with Tomas Reilly but he still is very raw.He would need working on but I heard he did very well for U-21s when he came on.
Dunno why I thought Gaffney was in. Was he with the U-21s? Saw ye up in Templeport a couple of weeks ago when your full-back broke his arm.

Celt_Man

Yea Colm is away in college in Manchester for the next couple of years unfortunately but should have him back for the summer.
Colm Hannon is retired I believe, injuries eventually caught up with him
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Lawrence of Knockbride

Big loss for ye Celt Man, although not based on your result at the weekend.
Hannon has retired? Very young, no?

Celt_Man

Aye he is a big loss but things have been going fairly well this year.  Still he would be a serious addition at any stage of the year

Yea I believe he was and still is bad with injuries, think he has had enough and can;t continue....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010