Group Texts

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 05, 2007, 12:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

I know there has been (Numerous) threads on this before, but mostly on the old board.

How does one go about setting up group texts? What companies offer them, and are they expensive. For example if the one text goes to 20 people, do I get charged for one, or for 20?

Hoping to use it for things like training notices etc etc.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 05, 2007, 12:56:35 PM
I know there has been (Numerous) threads on this before, but mostly on the old board.

How does one go about setting up group texts? What companies offer them, and are they expensive. For example if the one text goes to 20 people, do I get charged for one, or for 20?

Hoping to use it for things like training notices etc etc.

I am on the O2 network.
I can log into www.o2.ie and from there I can create a group to which I can send texts to.

I have 300 free texts a month , just about enough to text the team for training etc.

I used to text individually and this is a huge time saver

Norf Tyrone

So silly question then. If I had 30 people in my group, I have essentially ten texts limit a month. In other words If i send one teit takes my free limit from 300 to 270.

Does that make any sense??
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 05, 2007, 01:08:57 PM
So silly question then. If I had 30 people in my group, I have essentially ten texts limit a month. In other words If i send one teit takes my free limit from 300 to 270.

Does that make any sense??

thats exactly how it works

but I would presume that once you go past that level you simple get charged for it rather than not being able to send texts...it hasnt happened me yet, but I doubt if O2 like anyone else would try to limit their own income !