Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 08, 2020, 07:32:38 PM
I have never heard of a cosmetic holiday...

No? Mate of mine was given a price to go to Slovenia.. first week they prepare the teeth, make moulds and second week fit your new teeth. Think the price was 4 grand. He bottled it and paid 10 grand here instead. Good job too!

But would you chance it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

People have been going for years from here to Budapest to get the gnashers done.

imtommygunn

Not something I was aware of...

Stephen Nolan harassing people not wearing a mask in a garage forecourt. Seeing a thread on twitter about the garage giving him permission so a lot of ones saying they'll be boycotting

BennyCake

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 08, 2020, 08:18:51 PM
People have been going for years from here to Budapest to get the gnashers done.

Some of the teeth jobs people have had done is brutal looking. It's like Shergar smiling at you.

Taylor

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 08, 2020, 09:56:47 PM

Stephen Nolan harassing people not wearing a mask in a garage forecourt. Seeing a thread on twitter about the garage giving him permission so a lot of ones saying they'll be boycotting

I assume Nolan didnt tell the garage what he was actually doing and only asked if he could use the premises for filming.

BennyCake

Quote from: Taylor on October 09, 2020, 08:01:43 AM

I assume Nolan didnt tell the garage what he was actually doing and only asked if he could use the premises for filming.

Whatever of the garage/permission or your opinion of big Nolan, the mask issue needed highlighting. It obviously led to new legislation, so that is a good thing.

APM

Have no time for Nolan, but what is the problem with wearing a mask into the shop.  If it contributes to a XX% reduction in the spread of infection; if social distancing contributes XX% reduction; handwashing and basic hygiene, x%; etc.  All these small things come together to reduce the risk. 

The disease didn't spread during lockdown because people generally adhered to the guidance.  It's spreading now and you can clearly see an increased complacency and some seriously selfish attitudes.  The same people will know all about it in 6 weeks if intensive care facilities cannot cope. 

delgany

Quote from: BennyCake on October 09, 2020, 08:55:36 AM

Whatever of the garage/permission or your opinion of big Nolan, the mask issue needed highlighting. It obviously led to new legislation, so that is a good thing.

Maybe the store owner was made fully aware of what Nolan was doing and they support his campaign due to the high level of ignorance of a minority of people going into their stores. The staff in those stores wear face masks

thebigfella

Quote from: APM on October 09, 2020, 09:21:28 AM
Have no time for Nolan, but what is the problem with wearing a mask into the shop.  If it contributes to a XX% reduction in the spread of infection; if social distancing contributes XX% reduction; handwashing and basic hygiene, x%; etc.  All these small things come together to reduce the risk. 

The disease didn't spread during lockdown because people generally adhered to the guidance.  It's spreading now and you can clearly see an increased complacency and some seriously selfish attitudes.  The same people will know all about it in 6 weeks if intensive care facilities cannot cope.

What really fcuks me off is people walking past the sanitiser at the door of the shops. Every shop has them but people have to actively go out of their way to to not sanitise their hands.

WTF is wrong with society when you can't put a bit of sanitiser on your hands?

Minder

Quote from: BennyCake on October 09, 2020, 08:55:36 AM

Maybe he forgot it ? Has happened to me a few times. Maybe the fella is exempt
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

The guy came out wearing a mask though.

I really don't think legislation was changed on the basis of Nolan being a tube.

five points

Quote from: thebigfella on October 09, 2020, 09:55:24 AM

What really fcuks me off is people walking past the sanitiser at the door of the shops. Every shop has them but people have to actively go out of their way to to not sanitise their hands.

My other half prefers to use her own sanitiser, which she keeps in the car. She says it's safer.  I think she's OTT but there you go.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: five points on October 09, 2020, 10:46:44 AM
Quote from: thebigfella on October 09, 2020, 09:55:24 AM

My other half prefers to use her own sanitiser, which she keeps in the car. She says it's safer.  I think she's OTT but there you go.

I keep sanitizer in the car also, self filling petrol stations and other appointments that may bring you into an area that my not have it available!

In work at the start i was going, this is flipping annoying, few months in and I don't even think about it, the routine is what it is. Rather that than re-decorating
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

It was funny the guy walking away from Nolan down the street, then realising , he'd have to walk back to his car !

Keyser soze

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 08, 2020, 05:59:56 PM
Derek Chauvin posting a million dollar bond to be released on Bail.

What's the wtf here, the amount or the fact he got bail or the fact he raised a million dollars?