The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

And my eyes glaze over when other people try to equate two completely different fouls to support their own agenda.

Jota's was a blatant push as he was setting himself to shoot.

Alli was already on his way to ground when he felt the contact, of which there was very little.

The Winks one - I'm guessing you've seen replays of it. I haven't. It looked a possible foul at the time, albeit right on the edge of the box.

laoislad

the wobbler talking shite again must put him back on the ignore list.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on December 20, 2021, 12:30:26 PM
And my eyes glaze over when other people try to equate two completely different fouls to support their own agenda.

Jota's was a blatant push as he was setting himself to shoot.

Alli was already on his way to ground when he felt the contact, of which there was very little.

The Winks one - I'm guessing you've seen replays of it. I haven't. It looked a possible foul at the time, albeit right on the edge of the box.

The referee was consistent, regardless of how bad he was. England captain bias kept Harry on the pitch, Winks was fouled no questions but he didn't give it as he didn't earlier. First watch on Jota's I thought they got the ball, slowed down they were no where near it. Alli's would have been the softest of penalties, have seen worse given.

Over the course of the season these even themselves out, some you get and some you don't  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Can't speak for others, but I'm not claiming bias against Liverpool. Some days you suffer, some days you benefit.

My issue is why no VAR review for the Jota pen, and especially the Kane tackle, when the review does happen for the Robertson tackle (and rightly so in that case)?

Given how things panned out though, I'm well pleased with the draw. Might have been better, but could very, very easily have been worse.

Liverpool definitely missed Van Dijk and the three boys in midfield, who'd been operating very well as a unit recently, including protecting the back four.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: J70 on December 20, 2021, 03:46:25 PM
Can't speak for others, but I'm not claiming bias against Liverpool. Some days you suffer, some days you benefit.

My issue is why no VAR review for the Jota pen, and especially the Kane tackle, when the review does happen for the Robertson tackle (and rightly so in that case)?

Don't they review all of those incidents automatically? Commentators yesterday mentioned ongoing VAR reviews once or twice as the game proceeded. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 20, 2021, 03:49:18 PM

Don't they review all of those incidents automatically? Commentators yesterday mentioned ongoing VAR reviews once or twice as the game proceeded.

They mentioned it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 20, 2021, 03:49:18 PM

On-field ref review.

They told him to check Robertson's foul for a possible red.

Why not Kane's?

Or the pen?

And if other's are claiming the Matip-Winks one was also that clear, why not that one?

Jell 0 Biafra

I don't know.  Is the standard for on-field ref to review still 'clear and obvious error'? 

J70

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 20, 2021, 04:47:43 PM
I don't know.  Is the standard for on-field ref to review still 'clear and obvious error'?

Not sure.

But those decisions were clear and obvious errors! ;)

gawa316

Surprised Boycey hasn't been on to explain everything

laoislad

hoynevalley

Liverpool great odds at 16/1 to bate Leicester.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hoynevalley on December 22, 2021, 08:47:16 PM
Liverpool great odds at 16/1 to bate Leicester.

If they had a goal scorer to bring on I'd have a go at that

laoislad

hoynevalley

Great comeback by Liverpool B team. Should win penos.