Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2022, 02:14:08 PM
So no issues then with regards to the free taking then tomorrow.

Weather to be very good.

You are totally missing the point, if someone is struggling on them then next man up. That's what teams do
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on March 25, 2022, 02:33:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2022, 02:14:08 PM
So no issues then with regards to the free taking then tomorrow.

Weather to be very good.

You are totally missing the point, if someone is struggling on them then next man up. That's what teams do

No, I'm taking the piss...

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

burdizzo

By the way, lads - nobody is buying the story that McManus is out, least of all Offaly. There's play-acting going on, just like when he got the Wexford last sent off last year, and like when he threw himself to the ground near the end against Leix a few weeks ago, no doubt hoping for something similar!

Saffsof82

Quote from: burdizzo on March 25, 2022, 02:54:58 PM
By the way, lads - nobody is buying the story that McManus is out, least of all Offaly. There's play-acting going on, just like when he got the Wexford last sent off last year, and like when he threw himself to the ground near the end against Leix a few weeks ago, no doubt hoping for something similar!

Good man yourself

rogercasement

I'll be totally honest I know Neil quite well, best of a fella. I do also feel that Antrim will hurl with a greater freedom when he is not there. Do not read this as a criticism of Neil, Antrim greatest servant as 20 years, just think if we are forced to go wide instead of down the middle it could work.

groundlie

The team will come totally alive without Neil in it. You'll see big games from McNaughton, O'Neill, Malloy, Nugent, Elliot and Clarke now.

Two Hands FFS

Well it would be about time some of them stepped up consistently, not 20 minutes here and there. Alot of them have been average enough against the better opposition
And there's no doubt the free taking should have been changed the last day out.....Surely that's the management's responsibility??
Think Antrim will win today.

Milltown Row2

James with a well taken goal... fairly even enough start
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

groundlie

Antrim flying out of the blocks. James McNaughtons pace is something offaly can't handle.

Milltown Row2

We are working harder against a decent wind, they are managing to score easier to us, I'm hoping the wind is the reason for that!

Baile an tuaigh

Antrim playing well against the breeze which I reckon adds about 15 yards extra to every puck. Ciaran Clark absolutely torturing the Offaly defense. Getting a lot of breaks of big Donal Og. A little unlucky not to have a couple more goals. We should go for the throat at the start of the second half.

Saffrongael

Jesus this is a very average Offaly team, expecting us to pull away in second half
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on March 26, 2022, 03:34:49 PM
Antrim playing well against the breeze which I reckon adds about 15 yards extra to every puck. Ciaran Clark absolutely torturing the Offaly defense. Getting a lot of breaks of big Donal Og. A little unlucky not to have a couple more goals. We should go for the throat at the start of the second half.

I'd be happy with a 1 point win, let's hope we don't shoot randomly in the second half because we've the wind

keep her low this half

Thank god for the last 2 minutes. We were the better team throughout but Offaly were staying in the game due to our weak full back line, 4 points, 2 frees and 2 from play from big 100+ yard balls into the full back line. Referee doing us no favours, frontal charge to the head on Conor Johnston should have been a red card wasn't even a free. Frontal charge on Paddy Burke not given ball turned over and point to Offaly. Sideline clearly to Antrim given by the linesman overturned by the ref. Hopefully it doen't cost us.
As someone else said Offaly look poor bar no 11 Samson who looks dangerous, Having the wind in the second half might help steady up our full back line.

groundlie

I think we will run away with this in second half. Offaly very poor.