Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: Peter john on November 20, 2019, 10:49:08 PM
Well how do you know Antrim would,what happens the rest of the Antrim players between 18/21 you Muppet,

It's all ifs and buts. If Antrim had enough between 18/21 then they'd have a team.

Muppet? I'll take that as a compliment mate.

imtommygunn

This has happened with a number of other clubs too. Seems very personalised.

NatSoSaff

Peter John is as coherent as Rab-C Nesbit chatting while sucking a cola-cube.

This is U21 competitive football PJ, if 2-3 lads cant hack pushing for a place because theyve accomodated 2 lads from another club then I dismay at the attitude of players in this County.

Wise up.

Rodger Mona

Peter John seems to be talking about a specific situation within Whitehill which seems to be personal to him. If any clubs committee agree to take on players from other clubs to strengthen their own squads within competitions then its up to that club to take whatever comes off the back of that. And agree with NatSoSaff, them guys who dont get picked at u20 level and drop off reserve just because 2/3 outside players come in, dont have the right attitude in the first place.

Cargin won the minor and Senior this year, and had to call 6/7 players out of retirement to even field an u20 team, but the 10/11 players that had trained all year, you can be sure the majority of them will play senior football at some stage. All about attitude, all clubs have drop outs at that age, but its the ones with a strong mentality which you want to remain playing

Na Glinntí Glasa

Every club has sanctions and transfers at under age, ours included. Hell it was happening when i was playing at underage level as well.

It happens all the time and all your doing is offering someone the chance to play at their own age ground due to their own club not having a team.

they train like all the other players, they turn up and they get picked to play by the management of whatever team they play for.

If someone doesn't like it and they walk away, thats life. if a person feels they should be playing then they do something about it themselves. At u21 level your an adult now so therefore walking away is your own choice. what use will this person be at senior level if they dont get on?

Ive spent plenty of years working at underage level and now at adult level. At underage level you ensure that everyone gets the same chances, energy and training given to them. You ensure they all get to play and have that chance. At adult level you do the same but you expect the players to deal with not getting on every single game as an adult.

if someone wants to quit and walk away at adult level i wont run after them and treat them like a child to come back again.
hurl like f**k boi!

Calm Down

Any predictions for the U21 semis this weekend? Tasty clashes all round

Belfast GAA man

St brigids get many suspended over the rossa match ? Otherwise they would favorites in A championship
St Galls in the b

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 22, 2019, 10:27:03 AM
St brigids get many suspended over the rossa match ? Otherwise they would favorites in A championship
St Galls in the b

When will that decision be made?

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 22, 2019, 11:06:17 AM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 22, 2019, 10:27:03 AM
St Galls in the b

When will that decision be made?
The club gets notified 2/3 days after the match of the suspensions provide there are any

BigBallWeeBall

Didn't hear any news of suspensions but I hear that it was a nasty affair and there's bound to be some missing

Belfast GAA man

Brendan Antrim did u hear anything in BT9? No doubt Dunloy realist would like to know !

BigBallWeeBall

Looks like posh Belfast is all choked up

bannside

St Brigids will be hot favourites to retain their county under 21 title after a polished display against a Dunloy team that were severly curtailed by the unavailability of Deaghlin Smyth and Kaolan Molloy. Greg Finnegans team have the benefit of having most of his winning panel from last year still available and the return of  his son Joseph from his travels adds extra physical presence to a strong squad.

I wasnt sure whether to go to Glenravel or Ahoghill and it sounds like I missed a cracker between Tir Na Nog and Creggan in the other semi. Randalstown won on penalties and have a punchers chance in the final now with a bit of momentum building nicely these last couple of years.

Belfast GAA man

When I saW quarter final draw I thought St Brigids for A and St Galls for B and that prediction looking good
Bannside did St Brigids have any missing from the row last week? All seems very hush hush

bannside

Full squad to choose from from what I saw.