Fire in tower block in London.

Started by 5 Sams, June 14, 2017, 05:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

This isn't looking good lads. Pictures on the BBC website show the whole 27 floor residential tower block ablaze.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40269625
The Aristocrat Years

Harold Disgracey

Just looking at some of the footage, it doesn't look good at all. Horrifying.

paddyjohn

Shocking lads, absolutely shocking

Shamrock Shore

Looks like it was one big giant flammable building. Shocking - I am sure the fatalities will be massive. Hope I'm wrong.

Residents were complaining about fire safety standards in the building in the recent past so for them to be proved correct......

Walter Cronc

People at work saying it was recently re-furbed to the tune of £10 million. Just awful.

johnneycool

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 14, 2017, 08:48:13 AM
People at work saying it was recently re-furbed to the tune of £10 million. Just awful.

Reports that some residents were told to stay put and not evacuate the building, utter chaos. You gotta fear for the death toll in that inferno.

Main Street

https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2016/11/20/kctmo-playing-with-fire/

Nov.20 2016

KCTMO – Playing with fire!

"It is a truly terrifying thought but the Grenfell Action Group firmly believe that only a catastrophic event will expose the ineptitude and incompetence of our landlord, the  KCTMO, and bring an end to the dangerous living conditions and neglect of health and safety legislation that they inflict upon their tenants and leaseholders. We believe that the KCTMO are an evil, unprincipled, mini-mafia who have no business to be charged with the responsibility of  looking after the every day management of large scale social housing estates and that their sordid collusion with the RBKC Council is a recipe for a future major disaster."

StGallsGAA

Quote from: johnneycool on June 14, 2017, 09:23:52 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 14, 2017, 08:48:13 AM

Reports that some residents were told to stay put and not evacuate the building, utter chaos. You gotta fear for the death toll in that inferno.

Young lad being interviewed said that those who called 999 were told to stay in their apartment until someone came to rescue them, advice that probably contributed to the tragedy. 

J70

No sprinklers or the like I'm guessing? Smoke alarms? Evacuation plan?

Denn Forever

Residents were told to close their doors as they were Fire Doors and they would hold out until the fire brigade would get there.  No word about what they should do when the clading outside starts burning.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Walter Cronc

Hound

Someone caught a baby thrown from the 9th or 10th floor. Unimagineable.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Hound on June 14, 2017, 11:28:12 AM

Wow! Where you read that Hound?

Hound

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 14, 2017, 11:42:17 AM
Quote from: Hound on June 14, 2017, 11:28:12 AM

Wow! Where you read that Hound?
On the bbc link you put up

Walter Cronc

Jesus I didnt even read that!

Crazy. What a hero catching the baby.