Wicklow Tread

Started by wicklaman, December 21, 2006, 02:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wicklaman

BallyhaiseMan

Welcome to the Board Wicklaman......Are you wicklow people optimistic of a change in fortunes with Micko at the helm..?

wicklaman

Hard not to be hopeful all we'd have to do is win one match and it would be an improvement!!! so fingers crossed

aontroim

Thought this thread might be about tyres?

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

highking

wicklaman - Why does there be so many bad stories coming out of wickla - I see this week that a club that was caught up in that brawl got club of the year.... Have you any other good stories about wicklow?

wicklaman

A lot of problems due to mismanagement at county board level same people doing same things for the last 20 years, noobody willing to take a stance on discipline in case they upset clubs, whole thing is a mess really its all well and good having Micko but without the proper structures at nothing.

laoislad

After what he did for Laois i have nothing but praise for the man,but in fairness Laois were in a better shape when he joined us than Wicklow are now
If i was from Wicklow i wouldn't be thinking about Leinster Finals or anything an improvement in League form would be a good start do you think wicklaman?

wicklaman

A good start would be to see the 21's or minors having a good run in the championship and giving as many of them senior exposure as possible, A good display in champpionship would be good for moral too.

Mayo4Sam

With my brother being an ex wicklow player he keeps me abreast of all things wickla and he has reliabily informed me that last weekends win against carlow leaves them with the same number of wins as they had last year, whats the mood like in wicklow for this year?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

realredhandfan

Anybody read Paddy Heaney about ODwyer this week.  Heaney out of season becomes michievious - a would be shit stirrer.  gives Odwyer's preconception  a bit of a lacing.

passedit

I read it and agree 100%.

Snake oil salesman.
Don't Panic

wicklaman

Micko a hype machine alright loves the press. Still getting the response from the players which is a start I ssuppose, still if the money we're investing in him was invested into proper underage structures we'd be a lot better off in 10 years time

dodo

How many clubs in Wicklow ?
Irish Times quoted Wicklow senior squad going to train in all 40 club grounds this year.
If there are this amount of clubs there had better be a good explaination for the huge under-achievement.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteI read it and agree 100%.

Snake oil salesman.

Micko is a legend. Then again, you wouldnt be expected to understand. You Down lads
cant seem to get your act together in that department.