All-Ireland Gold TG4

Started by Wildweasel74, July 31, 2013, 06:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Probably another topic on this but dont see it off hand,

Dublin V Tyrone All-Ireland 1995 on tonight at 7.30pm, years since i seen it, maybe Charlie get of the pitch this time ol

Qwerty28

Just had Dessie Farrell stall is 131 D car in front of me twice this evening, maybe he was in a rush home to catch this!!  ;)

regal

I watched the last 20 minutes of this. Jesus, what shite football. FDevlin and Canavan were excellent footballers but that midfield was truely awful. That Tyrone Nr 2 was a proper tyrone footballer - either falling or cheating. PDonnelly made a big difference when he came on and to be fair I don't think wee pete touched that ball on the ground

larryin89

Quote from: regal on July 31, 2013, 11:05:49 PM
I watched the last 20 minutes of this. Jesus, what shite football. FDevlin and Canavan were excellent footballers but that midfield was truely awful. That Tyrone Nr 2 was a proper tyrone footballer - either falling or cheating. PDonnelly made a big difference when he came on and to be fair I don't think wee pete touched that ball on the ground

Same here, i'm sure it was still bouncing slightly?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

BluestackBoy

Quote from: larryin89 on July 31, 2013, 11:47:07 PM
Quote from: regal on July 31, 2013, 11:05:49 PM

Same here, i'm sure it was still bouncing slightly?

I watched it from start to finish & it was brutal. The nerve of people to call today's football puke after that rubbish is unbelieveable.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Jinxy

Terrible game.
It was a good thing we came along to save football the following year.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Shamrock Shore

Was football not invented until 7 years later?

I watched this last night and, yes, it was pure muck. I was at it and it wasn't that bad at the time.

sam03/05

This game should be shown to idiots like Eugene McGee and Joe Brolly running about changing rules and black cards etc, the game today is 1000 times better than that muck. There might be blanket defences etc but the game is much better to watch nowadays and does not need changed. I have seen most championship games on TV this summer and there has been nothing near as bad as that.

Ps- Tyrone were robbed!

Asal Mor

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 01, 2013, 09:13:56 AM
This game should be shown to idiots like Eugene McGee and Joe Brolly running about changing rules and black cards etc, the game today is 1000 times better than that muck. There might be blanket defences etc but the game is much better to watch nowadays and does not need changed. I have seen most championship games on TV this summer and there has been nothing near as bad as that.

Ps- Tyrone were robbed!

Yeah football has come a long way from that. Both championships have been superb this year. I've watched a few games this year, Meath v Dublin, Meath v Tyrone, Donegal v Monaghan and Cork v Galway that were gripping contests and I couldn't take my eyes off them. In some ways the tactics and blanket defences make the games more fascinating.

Fuzzman

I read somewhere that Dublin's tactics were to simply stop Canavan at all cost. They thought the rest of Tyrone team were very average and that if they could contain PTG then they will win. They were relieved to have finally beaten an Ulster team as they'd lost in the previous 4 years to Ulster opposition I think.

Am glad the neutrals here are saying it wasn't touched on the ground. I think we deserved a replay that day, especially after the whole Darling Redmond fiasco.

heffo

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 01, 2013, 10:40:58 AM
I read somewhere that Dublin's tactics were to simply stop Canavan at all cost. They thought the rest of Tyrone team were very average and that if they could contain PTG then they will win. They were relieved to have finally beaten an Ulster team as they'd lost in the previous 4 years to Ulster opposition I think.

Am glad the neutrals here are saying it wasn't touched on the ground. I think we deserved a replay that day, especially after the whole Darling Redmond fiasco.

3 years

Johnnybegood

i think it was Tyrones second last score when they  were gifted a free on the 14 yard line when Keith Barr executed a perfectly good shoulder also the Redmond sending off was harsh IMO and Peter Canavan wasn't singled out for special treatment. Dublin were the best team in Ireland in 95 and won a poor final but they did produce some fantastic perfonces throughout the year!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Johnnybegood on August 01, 2013, 11:15:36 AM

i think it was Tyrones second last score when they  were gifted a free on the 14 yard line when Keith Barr executed a perfectly good shoulder also the Redmond sending off was harsh IMO and Peter Canavan wasn't singled out for special treatment. Dublin were the best team in Ireland in 95 and won a poor final but they did produce some fantastic perfonces throughout the year!
i agree with your last sentence, but the rest of that is pure rubbish. That tackle by kieth bar is the sort of challenge that will earn a black card next year, and was most certainly a foul.
i dunno how you can possibly say the sending off was harsh either.
A complete farce that he was allowed to continue (and get involved in play) for 3 or 4 minutes before finally departing
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Fuzzman

Dublin were the best team in Ireland in 95 and won a poor final but they did produce some fantastic perfonces throughout the year!

Ahh fair enuf then Johnny. Sure ye must have deserved it then.
Can ye imagine the uproar if Canavan had been sent off but hadn't of went off or if Charlie had a point disallowed in the last minute to equalise.
It was my first AI final as I just missed out on 1986 so ye'll have to excuse me if I don't share yer leeway for this two incidents.
Still, we've had some great games since then.

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 01, 2013, 11:23:09 AM
Dublin were the best team in Ireland in 95 and won a poor final but they did produce some fantastic perfonces throughout the year!

Ahh fair enuf then Johnny. Sure ye must have deserved it then.
Can ye imagine the uproar if Canavan had been sent off but hadn't of went off or if Charlie had a point disallowed in the last minute to equalise.
It was my first AI final as I just missed out on 1986 so ye'll have to excuse me if I don't share yer leeway for this two incidents.
Still, we've had some great games since then.
we did deserve it! We scored more!
All matches can be looked back on and referees can be blamed. We've had our fair share of dodgy decisions against us over the years. (Peno for Tyrone in the first game in 05)
Redmond shouldn't have been sent off! And in the 2.5 minutes he stayed on there was no scores from either team. I thought the ball on the ground was maybe struck while it was in the air btw.