Muineachán v An Dún - 24/06/12, Ard Mhacha

Started by Maguire01, June 09, 2012, 12:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchardman

not sure if anyone has mentioned it already, but surely the winning point at the death was a throw ball? he tried to fist it over the bar but the speed and height that he had his hands at when the ball left him was the kind of pass outlawed a few years ago.

Down also got a nice peno and a few handy frees in the last lock of mins to get back in the game, ref wasn't too bad on them

Onlooker

Quote from: Stevie g 8 on June 25, 2012, 12:39:48 AM
Down to nice and not ruthless enough at this level.saying that they done well to hold in there all the second half even when things went against them they kept plugging away.referee was awful and I guess that will be his last inter county game this year
I completely agree that the referee was terrible, but you can be sure that he will get plenty games for the rest of the year.  Incompetent referees seem to have no problem getting appointed to do games, just so long as they throw out plenty yellow cards whether they are justified or not.

babarino

Quote from: Orchardman on June 26, 2012, 05:54:38 PM
not sure if anyone has mentioned it already, but surely the winning point at the death was a throw ball? he tried to fist it over the bar but the speed and height that he had his hands at when the ball left him was the kind of pass outlawed a few years ago.

Down also got a nice peno and a few handy frees in the last lock of mins to get back in the game, ref wasn't too bad on them

I agree. All this guff about the ref is OTT.

What would we be listening to if a Monaghan player stamped on a Down players head?

grounded

What would we be listening to if a Monaghan player stamped on a Down players head?

' aaaahhhh thats my head you Monaghan b+#st@rd '

Main Street

Quote from: grounded on June 26, 2012, 08:28:13 PM

' aaaahhhh thats my head you Monaghan b+#st@rd '
Saffron Sam would have a fatal heart attack after an appropriate (Monaghan thug outrage) sized apoplectic fit.
RIP

Silver linings do offer some consolation.

Aristo 60

Yeah like they'd be up at 9.57am or 9.34am.... :P

Ed Hardy

anybody know of a way to watch the match highlights online?? cant find it on bbc iplayer and rte.ie only seems to have last weeks sunday game...

Aristo 60

If you were right about me, which you aren't, you've been too keen to talk to children in internet chatrooms.... :-\

Control yourself.