Louth the real champions of Leinster 2010

Started by whiskeysteve, July 11, 2010, 04:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

Louth were robbed blind. I still feel sick it ruined my day. Teams like Meath, Kerry, Man Utd, Liverpool, Brazil are all the same in my eyes, they get all the decisons and i cant f**king stand them.

One thing is certain now however, if Louth get a replay they will lose, if they do or they dont they will lose their last 12 game--iwould put my life on it.

Sludden and those f**king ejits standing 2 yards away from the goal line who are only there for tea and sandwiches have robbed and broken that Louth team and a county.

FIFTY years. 50 f**king years. 50 summers, men dead who never got to see Louth in a final, men who'll die before seeing them in one again,ruined by a bunch of old fat men. Sludden was nowhere near the play all day. Far, far,far, far too heavy to be anywhere near an inter-county stage--noway should a man 3 stone overweight be let near that stage. If a man's too lazy to push himself away from a dinner table and show a bit of self control he's too lazy to make the right decision (i mean if a ball is hopping low, close to the ground a man like him will call a foul on the man who catches it hoppin 2 inches off the ground as he's too lazy to keep his eye on it, he'll see the player puttin his hand anywhere near the ground and say "f**k it, free out").

What the f**k were those umpires looking at?? I mean why were they there at all if they were't lookin at what was goin on? That umpire never even lifted the green flag--theres a photo of him lookin right at the incident --so what the f**k was he doing? I know umpires are not meant to be making decisions but the ref asked him --f**king shower of clowns.

I fully understand those supporters attacking the ref, 50 years watching your team gettin beat, ruined by a fat fool who is most probably in the bakery as we speak
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Louth Exile

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 12, 2010, 01:09:30 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on July 12, 2010, 12:12:04 AM
I like this thread  :)

The Cup is in Meath, but the Champions are in Louth, Very Louth and Proud. Went to the Fairways just to clap the lads off the bus, they were awesome today, they showed a bit of white line fever alright, but far better team on the day. Today was our Day!

The cup and the champions are in meath.
This sort of yapping really really gets my goat.
If Louth don't get refocussed very quickly they'll waste a good opportunity in the qualifiers

I have noted the tone of all your posts so far in the different threads. Very bitter towards Louth for some reason!! Our players and management did us proud, they did enough to be champions an they are in our eyes
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

DuffleKing

not at all LE. Great admiration for this louth team and all of what you say is true - they were fantastic.

But time to have a bit of dignity and get on with things. How long are you guys going to wllow in a moral victory rather than build on the opportunity that now presents itself?

At the minute i'd put a lot of money on a timid exit in the final qualifier round and  a winter on patting each other on the back

mannix

Louth were robbed,the umpire was rooting for meath , a square ball and then thrown by hand into the net. My advice to Louth is move away from this situation and get yourselves ready for the battles ahead, Louth are good enough to do real damage and could make a final where anything can happen but only if they forget the plundering from meath and prepare themselves immediately.

Louth Exile

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 12, 2010, 02:17:41 PM
But time to have a bit of dignity and get on with things. How long are you guys going to wllow in a moral victory rather than build on the opportunity that now presents itself?

At the minute i'd put a lot of money on a timid exit in the final qualifier round and  a winter on patting each other on the back

Hope is a dangerous thing, I still have it and thinking that Meath might do the right thing tonight! If not, then we will move on and I will follow my county in the qualifiers, but none of that will matter, because the qualifiers mean nothing, it was all about yesterday.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

fitzroyalty

Some condescending comments here, maybe some people don't know what it's like to go through a 50year barron spell, maybe some people have a fair idea and should bear that in mind when commenting on this. I don't think anyone should be telling Louth to get on with it and get focused on the qualifiers -  it's a lot easier said than done. The biggest injustice any GAA man in Louth will ever experience. Think Gold got it spot on. Of course they are champions. Only for Martin Sludden and his umpires' complete ineptitude. A lot of faith has been lost in the GAA after yesterday.

Maguire01

Quote from: Gold on July 12, 2010, 01:39:26 PM
I fully understand those supporters attacking the ref, 50 years watching your team gettin beat, ruined by a fat fool who is most probably in the bakery as we speak
What an idiotic post. Personal insults towards the ref aren't big or clever. And i'd like to know how many of those thugs you think have been supporting Louth for 50 years? It would be interesting to know how many of them were even at the earlier rounds of this year's championship. Comments like this do a major disservice to genuine Louth supporters.

Gold

Look i dont condone a man volunteering to referee our games being attacked but he was incompetant in the extreme.

His incompetancy doesn't excuse fans for attacking him but what I mean is, being an Antrim man, a football man, knowing years of hurt, if we say got to an Ulster final like last years and actually competed, if we were to have it won only for an incompetant official to hand it to Tyrone due to a similar mistake i could understand some people over-reacting in that way. I myself wouldnt do it but elements in society are prepared to go the extra step, assault people and do time. I wouldnt but i was that angry yesterday i just dont know if it was my own county what way i'd react to such a fool.

50 summers. If it was a fair defeat then ok but for that to happen is just above and beyond.

50 summers
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Hardy

So, say 50 Louth "fans" attacked the referee. Would it be OK for 9 Meath fans to attack him in similar circumstances. It has, after all been 9 years of hurt ...

Idiot.

AZOffaly

We're waiting 13 years. When have we suffered enough to be allowed do this as well? That ref that allowed the Westmeath point in 2004 was lucky that was only 7 years at that stage.  ::)

Cde

Louth were robbed blind. I still feel sick it ruined my day. Teams like Meath, Kerry, Man Utd, Liverpool, Brazil are all the same in my eyes, they get all the decisons and i cant f**king stand them.

One thing is certain now however, if Louth get a replay they will lose, if they do or they dont they will lose their last 12 game--iwould put my life on it.

Sludden and those f**king ejits standing 2 yards away from the goal line who are only there for tea and sandwiches have robbed and broken that Louth team and a county.

FIFTY years. 50 f**king years. 50 summers, men dead who never got to see Louth in a final, men who'll die before seeing them in one again,ruined by a bunch of old fat men. Sludden was nowhere near the play all day. Far, far,far, far too heavy to be anywhere near an inter-county stage--noway should a man 3 stone overweight be let near that stage. If a man's too lazy to push himself away from a dinner table and show a bit of self control he's too lazy to make the right decision (i mean if a ball is hopping low, close to the ground a man like him will call a foul on the man who catches it hoppin 2 inches off the ground as he's too lazy to keep his eye on it, he'll see the player puttin his hand anywhere near the ground and say "f**k it, free out").

What the f**k were those umpires looking at?? I mean why were they there at all if they were't lookin at what was goin on? That umpire never even lifted the green flag--theres a photo of him lookin right at the incident --so what the f**k was he doing? I know umpires are not meant to be making decisions but the ref asked him --f**king shower of clowns.

Gold, it looks like the umpires knew it wasn't a goal as they didn't raise the flag. From what I can see the ref didn't ask the umpires, he just went in and told him to raise the flag, there was no discussion.

saffron sam2

Some idiots on this thread.

Well done Meath, a team that never knows when it's beaten.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

pintsofguinness

What age are you? 12?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: saffron sam2 on July 12, 2010, 10:12:18 PM
Some idiots on this thread.

Well done Meath, a team that never knows when it's beaten.

They were beaten.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.