Where are they now.... The Underdogs??

Started by irunthev, March 25, 2009, 10:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irunthev

Quote from: Muzz on March 26, 2009, 02:05:04 PM
John McElholm, Tyrone

P.E. - Teacher in St. Marys Magherafelt?

If it's the same John McElholm then he should have been retired by then, not trailing for a tv show. I played in a schools final with him in 1984. He would have been 33 at that stage.

Muzz

Not the same John McElholm then.  This guy was PE teacher there about 2000.  Defo not 49.  :-P 

The John McElholm the P.E. Teacher was definitely the guy on underdogs.  Just not sure if he still is a PE teacher there.

irunthev

Quote from: irunthev on March 26, 2009, 02:10:03 PM
John McElholm, Tyrone

If it's the same John McElholm then he should have been retired by then, not trailing for a tv show. I played in a schools final with him in 1984. He would have been 33 at that stage.

I meant 33 at time of Underdogs.... not schools final ...............he was 14 then.

It must be the same guy as he ended up teaching in Derry somewhere.

DownFanatic

Quote from: corn02 on March 26, 2009, 01:02:26 PM
John Haughey Annaclone I take it?

John Haughey, Annaclone's finest.

Currently putting fillings in the mouth of Aboriginies in the Land Down Under.

Last time I seen him was in the Hatfield the day after Annaclone won the IFC in November, eating scrumpled up newspapers whilst topless.

Legend.

screenexile

Quote from: irunthev on March 26, 2009, 02:20:20 PM
Quote from: irunthev on March 26, 2009, 02:10:03 PM
John McElholm, Tyrone

I meant 33 at time of Underdogs.... not schools final ...............he was 14 then.

It must be the same guy as he ended up teaching in Derry somewhere.

Same John McElholm alright. He took me for MacRory at ... Had never seen him play football so didn't know if he was any use but he was definitely an Underdog and would have been around 33 at the time alright.

Bensars

He managed Omagh St endas last year as far as i recall

magpie seanie

I think I know him, his folks would be good friends of my mothers. Sounds like the same chap anyway.

Downgael2008

Quote from: The Corporal on March 26, 2009, 01:44:03 PM
Aye John Haughey of Annaclone, think he was Annaclone's captain a couple of years ago.
Poacher was a poor enough footballer and not sure how he started the Underdogs team.

Hard to believe Donaghy and Pearse O'Neill came from this, 2 quality players

Haughey is a strong footballer, seen him playin for annaclone in intermediate final last year god only knows what he is doing now by all acccounts a bit of of a loose cannon!

Poacher wouldnt say was a poor footballer more a limited player, played against him couple of years ago when he played for castlewellan? Didnt know he played for mitchels? By all accounts making a name for himself in coaching circles though!

Dan Mc Cabe cant say iv ever seen him play but think he might have appeared for down u21s?? can anyone confirm this.

was there anymore down men on any of the panels ??

Dannymcfella

Quote from: DownFanatic on March 26, 2009, 02:41:36 PM

Last time I seen him was in the Hatfield the day after Annaclone won the IFC in November, eating scrumpled up newspapers whilst topless.

Legend.

The man once took the wrong tooth out of a transfestite :o.
Headcase of a man!!! ;D

The Corporal

Quote from: Downgael2008 on March 26, 2009, 03:54:31 PM
Aye John Haughey of Annaclone, think he was Annaclone's captain a couple of years ago.
Poacher was a poor enough footballer and not sure how he started the Underdogs team.

Haughey is a strong footballer, seen him playin for annaclone in intermediate final last year god only knows what he is doing now by all acccounts a bit of of a loose cannon!

Poacher wouldnt say was a poor footballer more a limited player, played against him couple of years ago when he played for castlewellan? Didnt know he played for mitchels? By all accounts making a name for himself in coaching circles though!

Dan Mc Cabe cant say iv ever seen him play but think he might have appeared for down u21s?? can anyone confirm this.

Think John Fegan of Rostrevor/Downpatrick, whoever he plays for, was on 1 of the panels too

mylestheslasher

Phillip "Gunner" Brady is still playing away for his club Mullahoran. He got called into the Cavan panel on the back of a "man of the match" performance in that game against Kerry but he didn't really make it, Don't think he was called up since. Doesn't have the pace for inter county.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: DownFanatic on March 26, 2009, 02:41:36 PM

Legend.

Was there that day aswell.. shower of mooncats!  :o

stpauls

Quote from: Downgael2008 on March 26, 2009, 03:54:31 PM

not sure we are talking about the same Stephen Poucher then, the one i know is a Newry man, and probably never played for Castlewellan!!

longball

Are they planning another series of the underdogs for mens gaelic football?
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

haranguerer

We played them in the final of a charity tournament that first year. They werent that impressive, we beat them I'm pretty sure. mattie mcGleenan was playing for them though and proved still well able to wreak havoc!
Would have known haughey from belfast myself, i remmber me and him busting through a fire door in queens halls and sitting in bushes pissing ourselves laughing at everyone getting evacuated when the alarm went off...Oh the immaturity of it all...good times!!