FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: Itchy on October 12, 2019, 04:04:50 PM
It's the mentality that is the issue, we didn't go out to win we went out to not lose. Cowardly by mccarthy. With the 2 teams we have left to play it's also very stupid.

+1

yellowcard

If that was a performance put in under O'Neill he would be slated but McCarthy gets something of a free pass from his media friends. Dire stuff to watch but I think we simply do not have the players, there is a real lack of decent midfield players and absolutely no creativity in the side either. Sadly I can't see us winning either of the last 2 games, the best we can hope for in either is yet another bore draw.

JPGJOHNNYG

A swiss win would be better but not happening now

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 12, 2019, 02:40:19 PM
Why didn't Mick start Connolly instead of Collins. When did Collins last score 2 goals against a champions league team? Connolly should have started imho.

Connolly has started one game as a pro. Bit early to have him leading the line in a tricky away international

Captain Obvious

Denmark won to move top of the group. Schmeichel the hero for Denmark says virgin media sport. Like father like son.

MayoBuck

Whatever about starting Connolly, it's bizarre how Shane Long isn't in the squad. He would have caused way more problems with his pace than Collins.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 12, 2019, 06:49:38 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on October 12, 2019, 02:40:19 PM
Why didn't Mick start Connolly instead of Collins. When did Collins last score 2 goals against a champions league team? Connolly should have started imho.

Connolly has started one game as a pro. Bit early to have him leading the line in a tricky away international

The premier league is a similar standard to international level. If you are good enough you are old enough.

sambostar

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 12, 2019, 06:53:44 PM
Denmark won to move top of the group. Schmeichel the hero for Denmark says virgin media sport. Like father like son.
Really bad result, don't think 2 draws enough for Ireland now to finish in Top 2

Capt Pat

Quote from: sambostar on October 12, 2019, 07:38:19 PM
Really bad result, don't think 2 draws enough for Ireland now to finish in Top 2

We will get revenge against the Danes and beat them. Must get a draw against the Swiss though.

Itchy

Quote from: yellowcard on October 12, 2019, 04:27:43 PM
If that was a performance put in under O'Neill he would be slated but McCarthy gets something of a free pass from his media friends. Dire stuff to watch but I think we simply do not have the players, there is a real lack of decent midfield players and absolutely no creativity in the side either. Sadly I can't see us winning either of the last 2 games, the best we can hope for in either is yet another bore draw.

I dont think that's the whole story. 2 of our midfielders playing regularly in premier league, the other did for many years. The problem is big mick told them a draw is a good result and so they played with fear of losing. It's all from the coach and that could be a fatal mistake if we lose to Switzerland on tuesday

Captain Obvious

Quote from: sambostar on October 12, 2019, 07:38:19 PM
A win for the irish on Tuesday  means a top two finish. Stranger things has happened?

An Watcher

Don't think we've any hope against the Swiss. Beat the Danes at home and we're guaranteed second I think. Tall order for this Ireland team to beat any one at home but there's a bit of niggle between us and the Danes which hopefully should help us

shark

Quote from: An Watcher on October 12, 2019, 08:32:15 PM
Don't think we've any hope against the Swiss. Beat the Danes at home and we're guaranteed second I think. Tall order for this Ireland team to beat any one at home but there's a bit of niggle between us and the Danes which hopefully should help us

Yeah its pretty straight forward. Qualify if we win either game. 2 draws or worse, and it's the playoffs.

An Watcher