Swine Flu

Started by AFS, April 26, 2009, 12:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

I had the symptoms of it last night but feel grand today. Was out for a meal last night and when I come home I felt wrecked and had a sore back, legs etc. I just put that down to driving herself round the shops yesterday. Anyway, then I started shaking like mad felt really cold. The wife took my temp and it was 38.3.

All these are symptoms of swine flu, with the sudden high temperature being a characteristic symptom. Wired two Anadin Extra into me and went to bed. When I woke up this morning my temp was still high but I felt grand and still do.

I rang the out of hours doc for advice and she told me that it is unlikely I have swine flu as I'm feeling well but the NHS have advised that doctors are not to differentiate between flu like symptoms and swine flu. She says if my temp stays down and continue to feel well all day them I'm good to go.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 02, 2009, 01:06:53 PM
I had the symptoms of it last night but feel grand today. Was out for a meal last night and when I come home I felt wrecked and had a sore back, legs etc. I just put that down to driving herself round the shops yesterday. Anyway, then I started shaking like mad felt really cold. The wife took my temp and it was 38.3.

All these are symptoms of swine flu, with the sudden high temperature being a characteristic symptom. Wired two Anadin Extra into me and went to bed. When I woke up this morning my temp was still high but I felt grand and still do.

I rang the out of hours doc for advice and she told me that it is unlikely I have swine flu as I'm feeling well but the NHS have advised that doctors are not to differentiate between flu like symptoms and swine flu. She says if my temp stays down and continue to feel well all day them I'm good to go.

You rang the out of hours doctor to tell them you'd a temperature last night? and we wonder why the NHS is in the state it is!

C'mon Tony!!!!

I'm sorry but that's funny.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 02, 2009, 01:11:51 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 02, 2009, 01:06:53 PM

You rang the out of hours doctor to tell them you'd a temperature last night? and we wonder why the NHS is in the state it is!

C'mon Tony!!!!

I'm sorry but that's funny.
No, as I have a 10 month old son with a history of febrile convulsions I rang to see if they could give him anything. The answer was no. I'll not be too hard on you though as I didn't say that in the post ;)

mc_grens

Quote from: Square Ball on August 02, 2009, 12:46:19 PM
Quote from: mc_grens on August 02, 2009, 12:33:07 PM
Not yet.

BUT

a girl at work was confirmed on Thursday, and the following day the girl who sits beside her was too. Now the entire office is shitting it everytime someone coughs. Watch this space...
Just curious here, is the girl being treated for the symptoms of swine flu or or has she got it?

both girls have been confirmed to have Swine Flu. The first is a buyer who had just returned from a Far East trip. The second was her admin, who had remained in Ireland. Aparently alcohol gel dispensers etc are being put up all around the office. I was off on Friday so I didn't see the E-mails from personel etc about it.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mc_grens on August 02, 2009, 03:21:25 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on August 02, 2009, 12:46:19 PM
Quote from: mc_grens on August 02, 2009, 12:33:07 PM
Not yet.

BUT

a girl at work was confirmed on Thursday, and the following day the girl who sits beside her was too. Now the entire office is shitting it everytime someone coughs. Watch this space...
Just curious here, is the girl being treated for the symptoms of swine flu or or has she got it?

both girls have been confirmed to have Swine Flu. The first is a buyer who had just returned from a Far East trip. The second was her admin, who had remained in Ireland. Aparently alcohol gel dispensers etc are being put up all around the office. I was off on Friday so I didn't see the E-mails from personel etc about it.
Has she been tested?

Tony Baloney

mc_grens you say people in your office are worried every time someone coughs. In the civil service they get 10 days off for it so they are actively seeking infection. Unless I'm mistaken it's still only flu though and not the equivalent of Ebola that some quarters are making out.

mc_grens

I was being a little sarcastic when I said about people getting worried about coughs. As far as I know both are confirmed cases, but as I said I was off on Friday so I don't know the exact details, I'm going on what I've been told.

The funny thing is half the office has sniffs and coughs due to nothing more than temperature fluctuations. The company has cut way back on it's use of air con and expects us to open/ close windows when too warm/ cold. This means that the temp is constantly going up and down. I sit next to a huge wall if windows and I've had two chest infections so far since June!

But we'd all rather they cut costs like that than by shaving a few jobs here and there!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mc_grens on August 02, 2009, 06:16:56 PM
I was being a little sarcastic when I said about people getting worried about coughs. As far as I know both are confirmed cases, but as I said I was off on Friday so I don't know the exact details, I'm going on what I've been told.

The funny thing is half the office has sniffs and coughs due to nothing more than temperature fluctuations. The company has cut way back on it's use of air con and expects us to open/ close windows when too warm/ cold. This means that the temp is constantly going up and down. I sit next to a huge wall if windows and I've had two chest infections so far since June!

But we'd all rather they cut costs like that than by shaving a few jobs here and there!

I know people who are "confirmed cases" too, you get to be a "confirmed case" if you ring up the doctor and tell them you've a cough!

Tell them to get back to work and stop milking it

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

mc_grens

pintsofguinness

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/aug/08/swine-flu-misdiagnosis-death

Sadly, it was just a matter of time before the mass hysteria caused something like this.

The Watcher Pat

Think i might have swine flu off the sow i was sniffing round last night...( see drunk thread...LoL)
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

gerry

BBC NEWS

GAA team trio battling swine flu club

Three members of Sigerson GAA team have swine flu

A Gaelic football team in Strabane may be forced to call off their next match due to an outbreak of swine flu.

Three members, of Sigersons senior team including the captain, have contracted the virus.

Club spokesperson, Aodhan Harkin, said they had all attended a stag party in Liverpool the previous weekend.

"Our senior team captain was rushed to hospital by ambulance on Sunday with a high temperature and delusions then swine flu was confirmed on Monday."

"Since then his brother and another member of the GAA team have been told they have it," Mr Harkin said.

"Several other people who were on stag party the who aren't members of the team have also been confirmed as having the virus."

i always knew those lap dancing bars were filthy   :D :D
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Rois

Think FoSB should be safe enough Ziggy.

Work-dodgers the lot of them.  They'll be looking for DLA after all this.

(only joking)