The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Far too many on the panel last night. If you are going to have 7 of them on at least give them a bit of media training into not shouting over each other! It just descended into an audio mess at several stages. Plus did anyone notice o'rourke/coopers mics going a bit echoey? Didnt help things either.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Owenmoresider on September 17, 2017, 07:28:17 PM
Nice of RTE to miss the teams coming out onto the field due to their yapping and then to talk over the trophy presentation too.

Was not taking any notice but a friend said that Mayo came onto the field without any Music over the PA, Music was blaring out with the introduction of Dublin. Like the way a home team in Soccer does the same.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Beantown on September 18, 2017, 04:20:58 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 17, 2017, 03:18:25 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 17, 2017, 03:10:55 PM
Ger Canning is doing his 33rd all ireland.

One way of looking at the history of the human group is that it has been a continuing struggle against the veneration of 'crap'.

Every year I pray he'll announce this is my last.

Please God he'll say it this year.

Was my imagination or did Canning say at one stage that Mayo were coming forward but met by sea of Yellow Jerseys???  I could have sworn he said it
He also mentioned at one time that it was 3 decades since Mayo won their last AI. The Dublin bias is a disgrace   Reminds me of 2002 semi final v Armagh, Marty's opening words as ball is thrown in ' and Dublin are 70 minutes away from an All Ireland final
Careful now

BennyCake

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 18, 2017, 04:20:10 PM
Quote from: sambostar on September 18, 2017, 10:21:30 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 17, 2017, 08:41:14 PM
Nice of RTE to miss the teams coming out onto the field due to their yapping and then to talk over the trophy presentation too.

Maybe it was the above, the short captains speech, or that Dublin won yet again, but the whole presentation/celebration smelled of a Junior B county final win, and not the biggest day in Irish sport.
Was at the game & fair play to Dublin they're a great team to come through in so many tight finals. But the speech from Cluxton was depressing - the most soulless, passionless, uninspiring words from an AI winning captain. He looked like he was reading it off a sheet & wouldn't have looked out of place at a funeral

Gavin and Cluxton being interviewed together didn't exactly make for riveting viewing. No emotion. Nothing of interest to say. That said I'm sure they don't give a flying one once they win.

People bemoan the loss of the characters and personalities in snooker, tennis etc. Now GAA players are the same. Robotic drones churning out the same old shite.

Whatever happened to the AI final MOTM cracking out a song at the team function on TSG? I recall Mickey Linden in 91 or 94 singing and Brolly in 93. The most we got last night was GAA president telling us all how great the c'ship is and will be with the Super 8, and Jack McCaffrey and his cronies acting like a bunch of childer.

Gold

Quote from: BennyCake on September 18, 2017, 05:23:05 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 18, 2017, 04:20:10 PM
Quote from: sambostar on September 18, 2017, 10:21:30 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 17, 2017, 08:41:14 PM

Maybe it was the above, the short captains speech, or that Dublin won yet again, but the whole presentation/celebration smelled of a Junior B county final win, and not the biggest day in Irish sport.
Was at the game & fair play to Dublin they're a great team to come through in so many tight finals. But the speech from Cluxton was depressing - the most soulless, passionless, uninspiring words from an AI winning captain. He looked like he was reading it off a sheet & wouldn't have looked out of place at a funeral

Gavin and Cluxton being interviewed together didn't exactly make for riveting viewing. No emotion. Nothing of interest to say. That said I'm sure they don't give a flying one once they win.

People bemoan the loss of the characters and personalities in snooker, tennis etc. Now GAA players are the same. Robotic drones churning out the same old shite.

Whatever happened to the AI final MOTM cracking out a song at the team function on TSG? I recall Mickey Linden in 91 or 94 singing and Brolly in 93. The most we got last night was GAA president telling us all how great the c'ship is and will be with the Super 8, and [Jack McCaffrey and his cronies acting like a bunch of childer

Cringe
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Hound

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 18, 2017, 05:13:17 PM

Was not taking any notice but a friend said that Mayo came onto the field without any Music over the PA, Music was blaring out with the introduction of Dublin. Like the way a home team in Soccer does the same.
Didnt notice the music for either, but did notice that Mayo came out early. As per page 1 of the program, Dublin were drawn to come out first, but Mayo seemed to jump the gun. So perhaps the guy on the music button wasn't ready

Avondhu star

Quote from: Hound on September 18, 2017, 09:40:16 PM

Didnt notice the music for either, but did notice that Mayo came out early. As per page 1 of the program, Dublin were drawn to come out first, but Mayo seemed to jump the gun. So perhaps the guy on the music button wasn't ready

At least we had Imelda May trying to reinvent herself.
Whos idea was that? 
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

RedHand88

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 18, 2017, 05:20:42 PM
Quote from: Beantown on September 18, 2017, 04:20:58 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 17, 2017, 03:18:25 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 17, 2017, 03:10:55 PM
Ger Canning is doing his 33rd all ireland.

One way of looking at the history of the human group is that it has been a continuing struggle against the veneration of 'crap'.

Every year I pray he'll announce this is my last.

Please God he'll say it this year.

Was my imagination or did Canning say at one stage that Mayo were coming forward but met by sea of Yellow Jerseys???  I could have sworn he said it
He also mentioned at one time that it was 3 decades since Mayo won their last AI. The Dublin bias is a disgrace   Reminds me of 2002 semi final v Armagh, Marty's opening words as ball is thrown in ' and Dublin are 70 minutes away from an All Ireland final

This bit even made it into the highlights package, despite every man and his dog knowing it's longer.

vallankumous

TSG panel couldn't help themselves but get digs in at Tyrone. tyrone were not a feature of the weekends events yet every now and then they'd have a wee dig at them.

Tyrone really punch above their weight in the minds of THG panelists.

armaghniac

Quote from: vallankumous on September 19, 2017, 11:21:03 AM
TSG panel couldn't help themselves but get digs in at Tyrone. tyrone were not a feature of the weekends events yet every now and then they'd have a wee dig at them.

Tyrone have a lot of practice at punching .
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Tyrone don't help themselves with their style of play and RTE boycott. They're easy pickings for ridicule.

vallankumous

Quote from: armaghniac on September 19, 2017, 01:58:24 PM

Tyrone have a lot of practice at punching .

You applying for a job on TSG?

Syferus

Eh? They barely got mentioned. Hyper sensitivity at its best. Most of the country couldn't give a damn about anyone but themselves and the pundits are no different, whatever you may think.

Boycey

Quote from: Hound on September 18, 2017, 09:40:16 PM

Mayo didn't come out early they were slightly late at 2.59 as opposed to 2.58 in the programme, Dublin were scheduled out at 2.56 but didn't appear til 3.02 so I say it was a Dublin plan to come out that late?

From the Bunker

Just watched the game (RTE version). Jez, Dessie Dolan just says little or nothing. Feck me! He goes silent when there is something controversial happening.