Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ned

That was tough to watch but as ballinaman said it was a perfect tactical performance. Ajax had one chance of note near the end. United have been unlucky with injuries this year. Different proposition next year. I think they might fare better without Ibrahimovic and as long as Rashford isn't used as the lone striker.

screenexile

lurganblue

Jaysus Utd are a boring shower. effective though i suppose. That game never looked in doubt.

Also, Rashford was tucked nicely in that lad Sanchez's pocket

AZOffaly

It did look very like Boys against Men alright. That 17 year old defender for Ajax wasn't bad either. You could see quite a few of them lads whisked away shortly enough, but as a team they were completely out of their depth last night.

United will be very dangerous next year. Premier League is theirs to lose, or it would be if next year wasn't Liverpool's year!

magpie seanie

Quote from: screenexile on May 25, 2017, 09:52:41 AM
Congratulations!!!

Anyone involved with United referring to it as a treble needs a good slap. 1999 is the benchmark.

J70

Quote from: stew on May 25, 2017, 03:12:32 AM
Quote from: J70 on May 25, 2017, 12:55:18 AM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on May 24, 2017, 10:49:48 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 24, 2017, 09:51:49 PM
Well done United. A bad season in many ways still ending up with 2 trophies and CL qualification. I'd take a few of those bad seasons.

Did they not win three trophies?

Seriously??

He is essentially correct.

Anyone counting the charity shield (or the super cup) on a trophy list needs to wise up.

And I include Gerard Houllier in that.

lurganblue

Quote from: J70 on May 25, 2017, 11:39:31 AM
Quote from: stew on May 25, 2017, 03:12:32 AM
Quote from: J70 on May 25, 2017, 12:55:18 AM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on May 24, 2017, 10:49:48 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 24, 2017, 09:51:49 PM
Well done United. A bad season in many ways still ending up with 2 trophies and CL qualification. I'd take a few of those bad seasons.

Did they not win three trophies?

Seriously??

He is essentially correct.

Anyone counting the charity shield (or the super cup) on a trophy list needs to wise up.

And I include Gerard Houllier in that.

I hear arsenal are going to start counting the emirates cup

StGallsGAA

Interesting fact.   United have won more trophies this season than Liverpool and Spurs have won between them in the past decade!

Maroon Manc

A poor season was turned around last night, all about winning when it comes to finals and Mourinho has a great record in them.

No Thursday nights next season which is a relief, with the new signings United will make over the summer I'd expect to make a title challenge and play better football throughout the season.

stew

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 25, 2017, 07:22:26 PM
A poor season was turned around last night, all about winning when it comes to finals and Mourinho has a great record in them.

No Thursday nights next season which is a relief, with the new signings United will make over the summer I'd expect to make a title challenge and play better football throughout the season.

You would hope so but with this manager goodfootball is hard to come by. I want him gone because he is a whinging arogant bastid, i want Klopp the dippers have, now there is a manager!

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

BennyCake

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 25, 2017, 11:16:11 AM
Congratulations!!!

Anyone involved with United referring to it as a treble needs a good slap. 1999 is the benchmark.

Yes, but I doubt it'll ever be done again. Most teams, including United, would consider Liverpool's treble as a fantastic season.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 25, 2017, 07:22:26 PM

Well yes so long as United don't finish 3rd place in their champions league group.

Farrandeelin

As an aside, does England get another representative in the Europa League next season?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 27, 2017, 09:37:26 AM
As an aside, does England get another representative in the Europa League next season?

They don't, just Arsenal & Everton in the Europa League.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: BennyCake on May 25, 2017, 07:50:53 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 25, 2017, 11:16:11 AM
Congratulations!!!

Yes, but I doubt it'll ever be done again. Most teams, including United, would consider Liverpool's treble as a fantastic season.

Any season that ends with 3 trophies could be considered fantastic but any real supporter would trade all 3 for a league title at the drop of a hat.