You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

dont know if this is a gear grinder or a WTF one...

Do people not take showers after sporting activities any more ffs? See plenty of ones in our club finish a match, stick clothes on and go out into the bar for a game of snooker or something.

I was on the train on the way home last night and there was a load of young lads obviously on their way home from school rugby practice.  They were caked in muck ffs.  Must be no shower facilities in that school  ::)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: lurganblue on March 09, 2017, 03:43:57 PM

Do people not take showers after sporting activities any more ffs? See plenty of ones in our club finish a match, stick clothes on and go out into the bar for a game of snooker or something.

I was on the train on the way home last night and there was a load of young lads obviously on their way home from school rugby practice.  They were caked in muck ffs.  Must be no shower facilities in that school  ::)

Whatever about club stuff I would regularly have gone home in the school bus in my training gear and blazer!!  I do find the way lads land to training togged out very odd. I always loved the craic in the changing room before training. The slagging and the wee routines. Not the same anymore

Eamonnca1

The phrase "togged out."

The word "togs" used for shorts.

laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 09, 2017, 09:08:55 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on March 09, 2017, 03:43:57 PM

Whatever about club stuff I would regularly have gone home in the school bus in my training gear and blazer!!  I do find the way lads land to training togged out very odd. I always loved the craic in the changing room before training. The slagging and the wee routines. Not the same anymore
Back when I played soccer we never really had fancy showers unless we played one or two of the fancier city clubs.
All we'd have to get togged out in was the back of a car boot. Most Sunday you'd just leave the togs and socks(and shinpads even sometimes!) on and throw a tracksuit on and head to the pub for a few sandwiches and soup (and maybe a few pints)that the team you were playing had laid on,before going home for a shower. Used to be pretty mucky as most pitches would have been in a poor state.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Lots of schools don't open their changing rooms for after school sport as they need to be cleared for the next day and the caretaker is probably away home. The missus regularly lifts our boys standing shivering outside school, covered in clabber.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 10, 2017, 01:42:26 AM
The phrase "togged out."

The word "togs" used for shorts.

Why does that grind your gears? I use that all the time :)

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

People who drive too fast around corners

AZOffaly

Quote from: seafoid on March 10, 2017, 12:35:54 PM
People who drive too fast around corners

Or try to take the racing line! Nothing worse than meeting a lad trying to cut the corner on the opposite side of the road, and your heart jumps as he goes back in.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

People answering a question by beginning with, 'So...'
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Avondhu star

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on May 24, 2017, 09:12:36 PM
Or "in all fairness"
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

5 Sams

+100

That's supposed to be a cool thing...like D4 heads with their..."and I'm loike...no way."

Really bugs me.
The Aristocrat Years

Farrandeelin

The facebook craze of all the flags of terror attacks.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 26, 2017, 09:47:01 PM
The facebook craze of all the flags of terror attacks.

The Union Jack has not proven as popular as the French Tri-colour! Just show you - the Irish will never change!

seafoid

Cashiers in shops saying "so" after the price.