Belfast Murder Victim lay undiscovered for 3 years

Started by bennydorano, October 13, 2017, 10:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Marie Conlon: Man charged with theft and fraud offences - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-41606401

Strange one this, something not right about it. 3 years, no work colleagues, social services sticking their noses in, no social media interaction for 3 years in this day and age is bound to be another red flag.

theskull1

"Her family said they were "shocked and heartbroken" to learn of her death"

WTF!!!
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: theskull1 on October 13, 2017, 10:19:36 AM

WTF!!!

Their full statement:

Ms Conlon's family said in a statement they were "shocked and heartbroken to learn about the loss of our beloved sister".

"The tragic circumstances of her death make it all the more difficult to comprehend and accept," they added.

"Marie was very much loved by her family and will be mourned greatly.

"She was a very independent person. Numerous attempts had been made to contact her in person, and by other means, over the course of the past two years, but at no point were suspicions raised that she had died.

"It is only with hindsight that the unimaginable now seems possible.

"We have been working closely with the PSNI to bring this devastating situation to an end.

"We hope and pray that justice will be done and ask for privacy as we grieve the loss of our sister."

Sinn Fein MLA Alex Maskey said Ms Conlon came from a close-knit family in the Ballymurphy area of west Belfast.

"It's very sad a person has ended their days in this nature and I know the family have been quite distressed by it all," he added.

"It's like a double trauma. Not only have they lost a sister and aunt, but there may also have been a murder involved. Your heart goes out to them.

"Given the fact it's such a close-knit family, it will be particularly sad as they haven't seen her for quite a while, even though they wanted to."

Minder

Quote from: bennydorano on October 13, 2017, 10:11:28 AM
I Marie Conlon: Man charged with theft and fraud offences - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-41606401

Strange one this, something not right about it. 3 years, no work colleagues, social services sticking their noses in, no social media interaction for 3 years in this day and age is bound to be another red flag.

Think she was 68 so would probably rule out work colleagues, but yeah it's strange and doesent reflect well on the family
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Owen Brannigan

It's a sad indictment of modern society particularly in urban areas where we may know little about our neighbours and people are much more transient with little or no notice paid to people disappearing or not being seen around.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/marie-conlon-man-arrested-in-connection-with-death-of-pensioner-no-longer-murder-suspect-36222100.html

TabClear

Sounds like a tragic case. Really strange statement by the family.

Off topic but on the same day a murder case has been launched for the young mother who was killed in a car crash in Fermanagh last week.

http://www.impartialreporter.com/news/15591784.40_year_man_arrested_as_police_launch_murder_investigation_following_death_of_Natasha_Carruthers/

Awful tragedy.

MoChara

perhaps I'm twisted but my first thoughts were, where were her pension and possible benefits payments going.

bennydorano

Was thinking something similar myself. I'd be surprised if there's not further revelations from this story.

Orior

Sounds like the guy who was arrested was just an 'innocent' burglar?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Minder

Quote from: MoChara on October 13, 2017, 11:46:54 AM
perhaps I'm twisted but my first thoughts were, where were her pension and possible benefits payments going.

Pension would just be paid directly into her account I would have thought, no giros or pension books anymore afaik
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bennydorano

Could have robbed the card & pin number, 3 years of free money.

Smokin Joe

Not often you hear of a road death being talked of as a murder.
It seems strange.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on October 13, 2017, 10:25:24 AM

WTF!!!
Sinn Fein MLA Alex Maskey said Ms Conlon came from a close-knit family in the Ballymurphy area of west Belfast.

"Given the fact it's such a close-knit family, it will be particularly sad as they haven't seen her for quite a while, even though they wanted to."

Very close-knit! This one is sure to get messy for someone.

TabClear

Quote from: Smokin Joe on October 13, 2017, 01:35:40 PM
Not often you hear of a road death being talked of as a murder.
It seems strange.

That's what I thought as well. Obviously more to it but such a tragic loss for the family

Avondhu star

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 13, 2017, 01:40:22 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on October 13, 2017, 10:25:24 AM

WTF!!!

Very close-knit! This one is sure to get messy for someone.
More weasel words from Masked who can't help talking shite as soon as a microphone is put in front of him
Close knit FFS
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you