RTE's continuing agitation of Northern Nationalists

Started by T Fearon, October 11, 2017, 07:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Dunphy was vehemently anti republican and nationalist up until he witnessed the famous Night in November 1993 at Windsor Park.He changed his tune right away,after witnessing the bigotry,sectarianism and anti Irish hostility that night,and became almost a Sinn Feiner.

Kerr was pictured not long after losing his job as Irish Manager at a Setanta Cup match,involving St Pats Athletic,in the North,with a bag of chips purchased from a chip van in a small decrepit stadium.Something I doubt you'll see any other ex Irish manager doing

longballin

Quote from: T Fearon on October 11, 2017, 03:31:41 PM
Dunphy was vehemently anti republican and nationalist up until he witnessed the famous Night in November 1993 at Windsor Park.He changed his tune right away,after witnessing the bigotry,sectarianism and anti Irish hostility that night,and became almost a Sinn Feiner.

Kerr was pictured not long after losing his job as Irish Manager at a Setanta Cup match,involving St Pats Athletic,in the North,with a bag of chips purchased from a chip van in a small decrepit stadium.Something I doubt you'll see any other ex Irish manager doing

Says Tony who buys a poppy from his neighbour....  Did Dunphy, when he was at Millwall, not wear a black armband in solidarity with the people of Derry after Bloody Sunday in 1972 and call on other Irish players in England to do the same? None of them did though

foxcommander

Quote from: yellowcard on October 11, 2017, 12:45:42 PM
Anyone taking the Dunphy comments seriously need to have a good look at themselves.

Agreed. Anyone with a bit of cop knows he was just being devious. If anything he was highlighting the fact that boys in the occupied 6 counties are every bit as irish as those in the 26.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

lurganblue

Quote from: longballin on October 11, 2017, 03:47:08 PM

Says Tony who buys a poppy from his neighbour....  Did Dunphy, when he was at Millwall, not wear a black armband in solidarity with the people of Derry after Bloody Sunday in 1972 and call on other Irish players in England to do the same? None of them did though

I was always led to believe this was true

An Watcher

Kerr does have connections in the North but apparently he didn't like nordies playing for the republic.  D1ck.

longballin

Quote from: lurganblue on October 11, 2017, 04:31:11 PM
Quote from: longballin on October 11, 2017, 03:47:08 PM

I was always led to believe this was true

it is true

T Fearon

I don't know about the Millwall story,but his press writings up to November 1993 were akin to those of Ruth Dudley Edwards in terms of Sinn Fein and Northern nationalists.They changed completely that night in November 1993 when he was working as an RTE pundit and observed the bigotry and sectarianism first hand.

ashman

Dunphy's views are generally what is best for Eamo.  In the main he is a charlatan but shouldn't be taken too seriously . 

Although paradoxically his emotional side can overcome rational thought .

He is a necessary performing clown who is pure establishment . 

ashman

Quote from: T Fearon on October 11, 2017, 04:38:49 PM
I don't know about the Millwall story,but his press writings up to November 1993 were akin to those of Ruth Dudley Edwards in terms of Sinn Fein and Northern nationalists.They changed completely that night in November 1993 when he was working as an RTE pundit and observed the bigotry and sectarianism first hand.

The views changed when he left the Sindo .  A bit of sectarian singing at a soccer match had f**k all to do with it .   His hatchet jobs were particularly bad on John Hume when he wrote for that rag .   

Avondhu star

Quote from: T Fearon on October 11, 2017, 04:38:49 PM
It is correct about Bloody Sunday. But as regards changing his  views after Windsor Park I'm not so sure. He was a great F.G. supporter but certainly deserves to receive some recognition for his jumping on a bandwagon ability
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

T Fearon

I think that game had a profound effect.It was a hell of a lot more than sectarian singing.Pure hatred for 90 minutes,referencing the then recent Greysteel Pub massacre, and frenzied attempts to prevent th southern fenians getting to the 1994 World Cup Finals. Worst ever,and I remember Dunphy commenting about it on tv after the game.Since that day he never wrote a disparaging comment about SF

Avondhu star

"vehemently anti Republican"
In other words did not favour sectarian slaughter of innocents by bombing pubs in Birmingham etc
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

ashman

Quote from: T Fearon on October 11, 2017, 04:50:52 PM
I think that game had a profound effect.It was a hell of a lot more than sectarian singing.Pure hatred for 90 minutes,referencing the then recent Greysteel Pub massacre, and frenzied attempts to prevent th southern fenians getting to the 1994 World Cup Finals. Worst ever,and I remember Dunphy commenting about it on tv after the game.Since that day he never wrote a disparaging comment about SF

If that game has " a profound effect " on Dunphy then it show how big a clown he is .   

Dunphy also loved FF , SF , Thatcher , PDS etc over his career . The man is a charlatan .

ashman

Rud eile :

A lot of Northern Nationalists and Unionists are becoming more and more sensitive and snowflake over the last 5 years .  Far more so than the troubles and I speak as a lad with northern lineage .   

tonto1888

Quote from: Avondhu star on October 11, 2017, 04:51:59 PM

"vehemently anti Republican"
In other words did not favour sectarian slaughter of innocents by bombing pubs in Birmingham etc

Because that is all republicans are and do/have done. Ejit