Gobshite Of The Month - September 2017

Started by Hardy, September 05, 2017, 12:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avondhu star

McGrath, Halligan should get a joint award. Publicity seeking gobshites. Of course those who voted for them are as bad
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Captain Scarlet

I don´t listen to Hook but it popped up on my FB newsfeed where he was giving out yards about the HSE who have let it get to the point where it has ignored concerns or failed to inform parent´s properly. In that vacuum you have people looking for info and if google anything about vaxing you get all the anti-vaxxers stuff too.
Then in this case throw in a gobshite politician who doesn´t care about anything other than their own little piece of turf and all he needs is one of two mammies ringing and away he goes.
McGrath is a gobshite but the HSE and their inability to actually provide reassuring info are their usual selves too. Tony O'Brien of the HSe talked of emotional terrorism from mothers who are obvioulsy not fully informed and worried.
I think McGrath and the HSE boss are joint winners to be honest.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

armaghniac

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on September 05, 2017, 05:45:08 PM
I don´t listen to Hook but it popped up on my FB newsfeed where he was giving out yards about the HSE who have let it get to the point where it has ignored concerns or failed to inform parent´s properly. In that vacuum you have people looking for info and if google anything about vaxing you get all the anti-vaxxers stuff too.
Then in this case throw in a gobshite politician who doesn´t care about anything other than their own little piece of turf and all he needs is one of two mammies ringing and away he goes.
McGrath is a gobshite but the HSE and their inability to actually provide reassuring info are their usual selves too. Tony O'Brien of the HSe talked of emotional terrorism from mothers who are obvioulsy not fully informed and worried.
I think McGrath and the HSE boss are joint winners to be honest.

The efficacy of drugs are shown by scientifically controlled clinical trials, not what Mary told you at Bingo. There are people spreading rumours who have no proper evidence for what they are saying and this is indeed a form of terrorism. The head of the HSE should be sorting out the very real waiting times in A&E, not spending his time debunking bollix.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eamonnca1

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 05, 2017, 03:10:32 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 05, 2017, 12:31:56 PM
Quote from: trileacman on September 05, 2017, 12:17:18 PM
For what?

Pro-smoking anti-vaccination junior Minister of Health and gobshite, first class.

This is the problem. Everything is polarised. He's not "anti-vaccination", he at worst is against one vaccination.

There are a lot of people with concerns about the HPV vaccine and McGrath was listening to them and put 2 and 2 together and came up with 47. After looking for information and reading it I am confident these concerns are unfounded but I actually know medical professionals (i.e. not anti-vaccer crazies) who have not agreed to give this vaccine to their daughters. I think the HSE have been poor on this but to be fair they're reacted well with an information campaign since the poor uptake figures came out.

I'd also guess he's not advocating smoking. I don't particularly like Finian but at least he listens to his constituents concerns.

Funny how anti-vaxxers always preface their BS with "I'm not an anti-vaxxer but..." and try to hide behind the "I'm just asking questions" nonsense.

trileacman

Everyone's favourite punch bag the hse getting it loads here again. It's not they're job to have to go around informing us on every medicine/vaccine it offers. If you've doubts go to your gp and hash it out there.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

magpie seanie

Quote from: armaghniac on September 05, 2017, 05:06:36 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 05, 2017, 04:47:41 PM

No doubt he fcuked up royally here but I'm sure he does take it seriously. He's probably not that well equipped or qualified for the job. Which is not unusual. He just doesn't have a party and a load of hacks behind him to "keep him in line".....he's actually probably more concerned with trying to do what he feels is right than get re-elected. so I'd cut him a little slack for that.

If he is not well equipped for the job then he shouldn't be doing it. Health in particular needs people who know what they are at.

Quotehis boss forced a little kid to move to the Netherlands because he wouldn't let her get medicine here that she can get over there so tell me - who's the bigger problem?

Refused to allow the kid get the medicine or refused have the taxpayer pay for it?

The former.

Itchy

What about the junior minister that blamed the IRA for the dublin/Monaghan bombing. Surely a contender

sligoman2

Donald Trump and the North Korean clown Sum Yung Fuk or whatever his name is...
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

punt kick

Quote from: Hardy on September 05, 2017, 02:05:06 PM
Apologies for putting this in the wrong section. And so I must nominate myself.

You win.

BennyCake

When is the award ceremony and what does the trophy look like?

magpie seanie

Joe Brolly for his twitter antics last night. Pretty disgraceful stuff in my book.

Lar Naparka

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Eamonnca1

Captain Scarlet

New one just in. FG Cllr Brian Murphy is saying on Twitter that Sharia Law is operating in Ireland. All the legal and political classes know about it seemingly.
He hasn't given any evidence or won't give examples as he says to talk about it public would be frowned upon.

Also can I book in Joe McQuillan in advance.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on September 06, 2017, 06:02:38 PM
New one just in. FG Cllr Brian Murphy is saying on Twitter that Sharia Law is operating in Ireland. All the legal and political classes know about it seemingly.
He hasn't given any evidence or won't give examples as he says to talk about it public would be frowned upon.

Also can I book in Joe McQuillan in advance.

Utter nonsense. "Sharia Law" is a tautology like "ATM machine." It's just called "Sharia."