Roscommon v Galway - Connacht SFC Final 2017 [Wind Tunnel, 9/7/17]

Started by Syferus, June 18, 2017, 05:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Tomorrow would not be a good day to get a hair-cut from Paddy Joe.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ballinaman

Diarmuid Murtagh ankle ligaments at a minimum I reckon. Will do well to make the 1/4s.

omaghjoe

:o :o
Wasnt expected that fair, play to the Rossies

Walsh was talking big after the Mayo win....big setback esp considering the scoreboard

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on July 09, 2017, 03:36:15 PM
Well done to the Rossies, thoroughly deserved on the day, we were a shambles, too many of our lads with their heads up their holes, disgusted with our display. Will see what KW is made of now in how he circles the wagon for a possible Donegal match.  Congrats to Ros again, deserving Conn champs for 2017.

Was as bad a performance as the Tipp game last year. Maybe worse in some ways. Completely inexplicable. I think the rot started from the keeper and full-back line though and the indecision spread throughout the team from there. Like in rugby you won't win anything without a strong set-piece and Galway's basics here were absolutely diabolical on the day.

Kevin Walsh is building himself a very odd CV. Two successive wins over Mayo and Division 2 champions along with two of the worst Galway performances I've ever seen. Complete Jekyll and Hyde stuff.

Syferus

Mano

Congrats to the Rossies on here even Syferus who wasn't  feeling too confident before the game.

Galway fans saw the Kevin Walsh Sligo fans were critical of after 2010 final. Overconfident, arrogant even. Again didn't play defensively when against a gale force wind in the first half and didn't react in time to close down the space in front of the full forward line. Roscommon were excellent. Enda smyth produced the performance of the year. Their defence looked shaky at times but managed not to concede a goal. Some future ahead for them if they can keep these lads on board and get some of injured and other players back.

Lar Naparka

Well done Ross, a thoroughly deserved victory. No question about it, the better team won.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

cornetto

Rossies could have beaten us by 15 pts if they had there scoring boots on,would love to be able to say galway didn't turn,in fairness roscommon didn't allow any momentum to be built up and fought for every ball,galway just not at the races.

Chéad rogha

Quote from: cornetto on July 09, 2017, 04:22:12 PM
Rossies could have beaten us by 15 pts if they had there scoring boots on,would love to be able to say galway didn't turn,in fairness roscommon didn't allow any momentum to be built up and fought for every ball,galway just not at the races.

Don't worry - the Galway lads will all be attending the races this year!

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: cornetto on July 09, 2017, 04:22:12 PM
When your loosing 50:50 challenges to the extent that we were, you get what you deserve and we got it - truth be told, Ros should have been out the gate at HT.  Right now, it feels much worse than the Tipp losss last year..........

DJGaliv

Well done Roscommon. We can have no complaints. Roscommon not only out fought us today but outplayed us too.
I wouldn't even say we underestimated Roscommon more so we overestimated ourselves. Fair play to Shane Walsh he really put a shift in when not many else were.
I don't think we can just point to our full back line, plenty of lads out there didn't show up. We really do need a  full back. People have been shouting about Lundy and Cummins should be starting. I think we saw where they are today.

Only positive is this year we have a chance straight away to turn it around. Walsh has us beating mayo twice in a row, and also into division one. I think he's the man who will hopefully light a few fires between now and Donegal.

Better now to get found out and make some changes rather than wait until we are knocked out. At least we've a second chance

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Avondhu star

Well done Rossies and McStay. Maybe all the "experts" in the county and those players who thought they were bigger than the county will slink back under whatever rock they crawled out from. Roscommon need to be united and respect the management put in place. Theyhave a day in Croke Park now with the opportunity of kicking on to a semi final.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you