Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: thewobbler on December 21, 2018, 04:32:50 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 21, 2018, 04:16:47 PM
He would move because Ed Woodward would throw mad money at him and would know even if he does badly he will receive a big pay off and can then step back and manage a smaller club like Tottenham again.

Pochettino, I'd harbour a guess, is worth upwards on €50m.

If he were to move to United it wouldn't be for financial gain, it would be to win trophies. As he has continually proven the past 4 years, he has a better concept on what makes a footballer, than the man on the street. My own belief is that he would take one look at the current United squad and equate that it isn't worth the bother. He would have to clear them all out and start again.

Yet only last season United finished ahead of Spurs in the table and also knocked them out of the FA Cup and under Pochettino when challenged for the title they allowed Leicester City to win the league pulling up but the media won't say that instead they will say he's done a great job with Spurs making him the right fit for United.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 21, 2018, 04:47:17 PM
He could be offered the Real Madrid job at the end of the season also. Solari is only expected to be there until end of season. Pochettino would likely chose Madrid over United.
Again money would be thrown at him if offered that job however he would probably last as long managing Real Madrid as Rafael Benitez did.

Minder

Quote from: Boycey on December 21, 2018, 04:51:55 PM
Quote from: Minder on December 21, 2018, 04:45:42 PM
Quite a few United fans stance on Pochettino seems to have shifted in the last few days..........

This point is more that a manager would move from Spurs to Man Utd than who the manager is?

No the point that he was derided on this thread as a loser that was continually lauded and hadn't won anything
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on December 21, 2018, 05:31:08 PM
Quite a few United fans stance on Pochettino seems to have shifted in the last few days..........

This point is more that a manager would move from Spurs to Man Utd than who the manager is?

No the point that he was derided on this thread as a loser that was continually lauded and hadn't won anything

Are we talking about Klopp now?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Would you agree with the Liverpool legend's assessment?

Boycey

Personally he wouldn't be my 1st choice but what do I know. I would though expect any Spurs manager to take the United job if offered to him. Now if you add Real to the equation that's a different story, that's all..

Insane Bolt

Quote from: Boycey on December 21, 2018, 06:42:46 PM

Personally he wouldn't be my 1st choice but what do I know. I would though expect any Spurs manager to take the United job if offered to him. Now if you add Real to the equation that's a different story, that's all..

Who would you like to see get it? Agree that United job is a step up from Spurs and Real arguably a bigger step up.

Milltown Row2

Eddie Howe, but that be a big gamble
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Insane Bolt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 21, 2018, 07:08:49 PM
Eddie Howe, but that be a big gamble

Would love to see him get it also....a gamble certainly.......would he be able to handle the 'personalities '?

Milltown Row2

It's the respect that players don't have nowadays, so he needs to bring his own players, would take time which they don't have now unfortunately

stiffler

Arsene Wenger wouldn't be a lot of fans first choice, but I reckon he would be a great shout.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Niall Quinn

Big Sam - he may not be the manager you need, but he's the manager you deserve right now.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Milltown Row2

Not impressed with that line up! Long winter and spring coming

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

GJL