Retirements

Started by Maroon Manc, July 09, 2018, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gael85

Quote from: Schkite on November 27, 2019, 07:19:13 PM
Vinny Corey and Dessie Mone both announced their retirements today, 2 of the all time great servants to Monaghan football.

No surprise really with Banty coming back in, Malachy leaving seemed like a natural point for them both to bow out on too, but that's a serious amount of experience leaving the dressing room. They've been part of the county team since 2003 and 2004 respectively. They owe Monaghan football absolutely nothing and their presence will certainly be missed.

Both played their first and last championship game against Armagh. Corey in 03, Mone 04.

Vinny Corey played 62 championship games scoring 3-8
Dessie Malone played 58 championship games scoring 1-12

Rossfan

Best wishes to both.
Great service by both for the Monaghan cause.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

marty34

Great servants to the Farney cause - some experience between the two of them.

BennyCake

Jim Gavin has stepped down.

He was up a ladder painting.

RedHand88

There is light at the end of the tunnel!

tonto1888

Didn't see that coming. Cluxton next to go?

From the Bunker

From the Bunker

If Pat Gilroy takes over the reigns, It will be business as usual!

Blowitupref

Quote from: tonto1888 on November 30, 2019, 01:36:31 PM
Didn’t see that coming. Cluxton next to go?

Was plenty of hints from the players in the media, a bit strange he didn't call quits after the All Ireland final replay. He showed more emotion after that final win than others, clearly it was a goodbye to incredible journey.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

rodney trotter

Dessie Farrell probaly likely successor. He managed plenty of them at Minor and U21

Rossfan

I see Terry Hyland has retired Emlyn Mulligan!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on December 19, 2019, 10:47:03 AM

Seems like Hyland didn't take to kindly to him walking away from the panel last summer. Reading his interview today, he's not retired but knows he won't play for Leitrim again until a new manager is in place.

heffo

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 19, 2019, 11:31:59 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 19, 2019, 10:47:03 AM

Seems like Hyland didn't take to kindly to him walking away from the panel last summer. Reading his interview today, he's not retired but knows he won't play for Leitrim again until a new manager is in place.

He announced his retirement then he expected to not contact the manager to make himself available but for the manager to go cap in hand to him?

Ethan Tremblay

From reading the HoganStand article, he said he walked away for the sake of his mental health, as he was only back from a serious injury and wasn't on the starting team, don't think he classed it as a retirement. 

Not sure who should be contacting who in this situation? Is it not the managers job to make these enquiries?
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...