Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

St Johns sending off was crucial. Allowed Kieran McGourty to play sweeper as extra man. He dictated the game at his pace after that. No better man.

Galls were sluggish. Didn't score from play til 3 minutes into second half. They were there for taking and if that goal chance had gone in you never know. Still, good game for getting cobwebs brushed.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

SambaSaffron

??? Had heard Kieran McGourty had broken his leg recently, obviously it was balls.

imtommygunn

Glensman

Just back from the big smoke.
Second match was sh1te.
Wouldn't exactly say the Galls team was unrecognisable (especially if you're a Galls man...) but missing a few alright?!
Some serious wides.
Thought Johnnies sending off was harsh enough...but as you say it was two bookings.
Might be wrong but think Stewart's was a straight red and a dirty enough challenge with the fella on the ground.

First match Cargin just had a wee bit too much for Brigids...but the latter had chances and will be kicking themselves.

I seriously hope Tony Scullion is ok because he looked like he got shot about four times today...each time he was tackled (not necessarily in the facial area) he went down clutching his face.
And with that he should have been booked about 4/5 times himself.
Each time he plays its like a pantomime with him being the pantomime villan.
I recall reading an article (maybe before the Ulster final last year) where he seemed like a sound fella, along the lines "sure I hit a few belts but I take a fair few"...bullsh1t. Have seen him a few times over the last few years and he hits dirty, hard and late off the ball...and then when he gets tackled he does a fair amount of diving.
That said his cuteness today wasted about 10 minutes of time so if that kind of play floats your boat then he's your man.

I am guessing that St Galls will take great pleasure in dismantling Cargin in the final. If they turn up at all they should.

gallsman

I mean unrecognisable in the sense that there's a lot to come into that starting 15. Think Karl got a second yellow - the first one was somewhat unlucky as the man slid for the ball, the second was a swinging arm with a closed fist. Thought it caught him under the arm, not in the face.

Jackpot is Ciaran McCurdy, He's had the nickname since he was about ten.

imtommygunn

Ah, is he Locky's son?

Glensman Scullion's never been too bad for antrim but a few times I've seen him for Cargin he has been up to no good - some pretty disgusting behaviour at times to be honest.

St Galls seem to go through the county in about 2nd gear these days. I hope Cargin give them a better game in the final than they did last year in the semi.

Hoping for a double header of hurling / football too.

gallsman

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 12, 2010, 10:26:22 PM
Ah, is he Locky's son?

Nephew.

Based on tonight's performance, St. Galls have lots left in the bag to bring out. Will be tough to produce a top class performance against a tough Cargin team. While I felt they were always in control, the Johnnies had a few goal chances (especially McFall's in the first half where he took the point) that might have made things very interesting in the last ten minutes.

Who was the mouth on the Johnnies sideline?

bloodybreakball

nt sure abt how good a game cargin will give them, i would be suprised if they're lacking in motivation and i think they have a good blend of youth and experience. maybe the ebst way to look at it is how the two teams will match up man to man can anybody put up the galls team

Glensman

[quote author=imtommygunn link=topic=21.msg850445#msg850445 date=1284326782

Glensman Scullion's never been too bad for antrim but a few times I've seen him for Cargin he has been up to no good - some pretty disgusting behaviour at times to be honest.

[/quote]

He couldn't get away with it for the county...more attention, more cameras....more big men to beat the crap out of him if he did!

Cargin will need everyone playing at 100%. Galls would need 7/8. Who knows but I just don't think Cargin have it...and Galls will want to give them a lesson in the final.

NAG1

funtime frankie

From a neutral perspective I thought Gregory was pish poor. It was almost as if he was afraid of a game of football breaking out. He was inconsistent in awarding St Galls some very soft frees in scoring positions which they squandered.

St Galls were in 2nd gear throughout but they never seemed as if they were able to deliver a killer blow, even with the extra man. I think that we still can see a lot more from St Galls but I wonder if their hunger has gone after winning the AI last year?

NAG1

Have to agree Frankie, it was as if the ref thought St Galls were too good to be tackled.
Really poor bit of refereeing ruined what potentially could have been a decent match.

BanagusOir

Glensman and Imtommygunn, what is this f**king daddy daycare. Who gives a f**k what Tony Scullion does, or anyone on the Cargin team. As a matter of fact who cares what st johns or st galls do either. If you played enough football you would know the saying 'do whatever it takes to win'. Every player in Antrim should live by it. Nobody remembers what any one person does, its the name on the trophey that matters. His behaviour is out of line, Jesus Christ.

imtommygunn

Quote from: BanagusOir on September 13, 2010, 12:52:54 PM
Glensman and Imtommygunn, what is this f**king daddy daycare. Who gives a f**k what Tony Scullion does, or anyone on the Cargin team. As a matter of fact who cares what st johns or st galls do either. If you played enough football you would know the saying 'do whatever it takes to win'. Every player in Antrim should live by it. Nobody remembers what any one person does, its the name on the trophey that matters. His behaviour is out of line, Jesus Christ.

It's an opinion that we're allowed to voice.

You sound like a valued contributor who can have a reasoned debate ::)

Glensman

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 13, 2010, 01:12:44 PM
Quote from: BanagusOir on September 13, 2010, 12:52:54 PM

It's an opinion that we're allowed to voice.

You sound like a valued contributor who can have a reasoned debate ::)

I give a f*ck. As a neutral I go to the Antrim semis hoping to see the best of what Antrim has on offer...instead the first game was overshadowed by his shenanigans.

Daddy daycare?! - when my son is old enough to learn how to play football I will show him a video of Scullion and ask him to do the opposite of what he does. This is no longer a personal tirade on Scullion (that has gone!) but your comment "do whatever it takes to win" draws this out and is a reference to what a player should be taught to do on the field...
I will tell him to hit hard and fair on the ball.
I will also tell him to take his tackles like a man.

Would I rather watch him be a nasty piece of work and get his name on the trophy...or play the game hard and fair.

Your call, I know which one would make me proud.