Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

what competition was that in? minor championship?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SambaSaffron

Milltown Row2

Cargin throwing games???

are they worried about Championship or is there another reason?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

culchie11

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 12, 2010, 10:29:50 AM
Cargin throwing games???

are they worried about Championship or is there another reason?

MR2, I think you mind find they have long memories around toome!

a certain county final about ten years ago hasnt been forgotten!!
;)

SambaSaffron

Some are saying it's to do with Creggan going down, some say St Pauls. I think its neither.

Milltown Row2

look regardless of the reasons and people may say about us heading down to Cargin at the start of the season with fringe players but we had injuries boys away and three games that night.

this part of the season is when are teams fighting for their div 1 status are looking at were they will gain points and where their rivals will drop points.

St Paul's and portglenone have put themselves in that position but other teams should be playing honestly and to their strengths

SambaSaffron

3 games? That was a Monday night, I strongly doubt there were 3 games played that night. I don't think it would have mattered who was available, sure CJ played in nets while Ronan Gallagher was in fullforward! I don't in any way agree with what Cargin have done, but at the end of the day they've already won the competition so can do what they like. If I was St Pauls or Portglenone I wouldn't be too happy though.

Milltown Row2

oh yeah remember it was a monday night, no excuse other than injuries and people away then.

can't see why they would rest players, surely Cargin will get to the final, they are 7/2 to win the championship, good price

SambaSaffron

Aye, I'd be shocked if they didn't reach the final, though they haven't been in great form of late. Are they 7/2 in the bookies in the city? I see thats what they are on Paddypower.
Many of the Galls boys be missing for the first round, or indeed the final?

Milltown Row2

its of no surprise that we have a few away. but would be still a shock if mg beat us next weekend. had we been meeting a stronger team then we would surely struggle

NAG1

Heard a rumour last night of some betting iregularities re: SFC matches anyone else in the loop on this?

SambaSaffron

Quote from: NAG1 on August 16, 2010, 10:00:03 AM
Heard a rumour last night of some betting iregularities re: SFC matches anyone else in the loop on this?
Never heard, was it on the first round or this weekends games? PM if necessary.

NAG1

Well I had heard that it was on both a recent league game and one of the first round matches. I am not saying that it is 100% fact just heard it from a usually reliable source yesterday.

aontroim

Championship aside, what right minded bookie would take bets on league games at this stage in the year given the history of 'shock' results at the end of the season?

Milltown Row2

never known the Bookies to take bets on League games, ever!! SFC i don't know of a team that would train all year for Championship and go out to get beat. the only game were the favourites were beat was the Lamhs game and by all accounts they were beat by the better team. think that's just a rumour