Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron sam2

Quote from: the colonel on July 20, 2010, 12:58:57 PM
I see Bomber Liston is talking about some players from weaker counties representing Ireland in the IRS. Would you think any Antrim players will be considered?

Kevin McGourty would be ideal for goal keeper.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Wee Shea

Division Two is hotting up this year, hope Aghagallon go up.

SambaSaffron

Quote from: saffron sam2 on July 22, 2010, 10:23:08 PM
Quote from: the colonel on July 20, 2010, 12:58:57 PM
I see Bomber Liston is talking about some players from weaker counties representing Ireland in the IRS. Would you think any Antrim players will be considered?

Kevin McGourty would be ideal for goal keeper.
???

Glensman

Quote from: SambaSaffron on July 22, 2010, 10:46:46 AM
Doubt it, there's no who really fits the bill that I can think of. Maybe big Niall McKeever will play in a year or 2, doubt he'll make the squad this year though.

More interesting results last night. St Pauls beating St Brigids, Portglenone beating Lamh Dearg, Moneyglass beating St Johns. St Galls beat Creggan as well.

St Brigids now in deep trouble, though their 'drawn' game against St Galls hasn't been updated to the website table yet.

From an Antrim point of view:

1. Tony Scullion mightn't have the stereotypical physique but has the running and the heart (and would like the nasty stuff).

2. Loughrey more than fits the bill - fit, strong and a good runner. Am guessing he could adapt to the tackling.

Why the inverted comma(s) round the drawn game there Samba?

SambaSaffron

Quote from: Glensman on July 23, 2010, 09:12:51 AM
Doubt it, there's no who really fits the bill that I can think of. Maybe big Niall McKeever will play in a year or 2, doubt he'll make the squad this year though.

More interesting results last night. St Pauls beating St Brigids, Portglenone beating Lamh Dearg, Moneyglass beating St Johns. St Galls beat Creggan as well.

St Brigids now in deep trouble, though their 'drawn' game against St Galls hasn't been updated to the website table yet.

1. Tony Scullion mightn't have the stereotypical physique but has the running and the heart (and would like the nasty stuff).

2. Loughrey more than fits the bill - fit, strong and a good runner. Am guessing he could adapt to the tackling.

Think Tony is a bit too small and lightweight for it. Loughrey is a good shout though!

I've heard stories that the game wasn't played at all, and the 2 sides agreed to a draw when no referee turned up. It would explain why the result and table haven't been updated on the website anyway!

tonesfirstandlast

Is that game not discredited enough without introducing Antrim players to it.

SambaSaffron

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on July 23, 2010, 10:23:16 AM

How many points did Kildare beat Derry by again?  ;) Enjoy Division 3 in 2012.

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: SambaSaffron on July 23, 2010, 12:30:30 PM
Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on July 23, 2010, 10:23:16 AM

How many points did Kildare beat Derry by again?  ;) Enjoy Division 3 in 2012.
Won't surprise me in the least and I think Antrim will accompany us!

SambaSaffron

Doubt it. For the record, i don't think Derry will actually go down either, but I fully expect another decade of Derry people going on about the great talent they have despite not reaching an Ulster final.

Glensman

Quote from: SambaSaffron on July 23, 2010, 10:11:20 AM
Quote from: Glensman on July 23, 2010, 09:12:51 AM

Think Tony is a bit too small and lightweight for it. Loughrey is a good shout though!

I've heard stories that the game wasn't played at all, and the 2 sides agreed to a draw when no referee turned up. It would explain why the result and table haven't been updated on the website anyway!

You heard wrong, a friend was at it. While it was no world beating game and Galls were missing a few it was played. Some conspiracies theories doing the rounds in your neck of the woods! Don't think there is any relationship between the two clubs so not sure where yu plucked that one...

Championship starting in a couple of weeks then! Some good matches in there.

SambaSaffron

Its all the chat round here. The lack of a referee turning up probably fuelled it. Anyway, looks very like Portglenone and St Pauls going down now.

pebble-dasher

There's a big story coming out either this week or the next about the last 2 weeks league games.  :o :o

Only 3 games left so cargin league champs again?
Everyone took points off everyone else this year, was highly unpredictable.

Championship only around the corner all set for a galls cargin final, expect galls to start training soon and be in good shape for the final.

SambaSaffron

Would this story involve a suspended player Pebble-dasher?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: pebble-dasher on July 26, 2010, 10:55:33 PM
There's a big story coming out either this week or the next about the last 2 weeks league games.  :o :o

Only 3 games left so cargin league champs again?
Everyone took points off everyone else this year, was highly unpredictable.

Championship only around the corner all set for a galls cargin final, expect galls to start training soon and be in good shape for the final.

Naomh Gall started training last weekend!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bloodybreakball

getting close to the championship time now, st. galls will be strong and hard to work with as usual, does anybody know what shape cargins new managers are making of them. plenty of talent, whether they can focus everything into rattling st. galls remains to be seen, they have been disapointing in the last few years, always seem to get in their own way.

Lamh Dhearg  Ahoghill  Casement Park: lamh dhearg, have the championship experience and plenty of talent, always have a nice mix of new young players (declan lynch) players right up thru the ages (hands, micko) to your man gavin brown nt sure whether he is still playing. ahoghill have beat hannawhstown a few times in the last two years, will be quietly confident, good defenders, boris in midfield and donal graham and pj in full-forward should be able to get scores, how much break ball they can win will determine how far they can get. interesting game, probably the best of these three
Portglenone  Gort Na Mona  Creggan: nt sure how gort na mona are doing but portglenone have championship pedigree, plenty of them experienced players still there. gort na mona always seem to have strong underage teams, and portglenone havent been going well in the league so its hard to know.