Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 16, 2010, 11:58:33 PM
beat the Johnnies tonight, Kevin Niblock was outstanding in nets for Naomh Gall, both teams missing players but a last minute peno won it for us!!

was impressed by St Johns even though we were missing a few players (feel like Skulll here ;) :D)

The best CHF in the country playing in goal and you still won? The demise wished on St Gall's by the hopefuls has been greatly exaggerated methinks ;)

Did Niblock go up and take the penalty himself?

First CJ, now Niblock. Who's next? Are you on some sort of grant for a "goalkeeper rotation scheme"?  :D

bloodybreakball

fu*k feels like your gonna give me a bollicking now! i would say lamh dhearg are a quality team and a championship side, as shown by playing in those county finals, even if they were in div2 nt that long ago. the other one, probably without a lot of justification as they havent really beat portglenone or turned a team over in the championship yet, is st. brigids, even for the fact that they are competing in div 1 fairly well for a number of years, seem to be fairly well respected and seem to have good youth structures in place, which seems to mean that they should be able to maintain their senior status going forward

Milltown Row2

Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on June 17, 2010, 03:24:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 16, 2010, 11:58:33 PM
beat the Johnnies tonight, Kevin Niblock was outstanding in nets for Naomh Gall, both teams missing players but a last minute peno won it for us!!

was impressed by St Johns even though we were missing a few players (feel like Skulll here ;) :D)

The best CHF in the country playing in goal and you still won? The demise wished on St Gall's by the hopefuls has been greatly exaggerated methinks ;)

Did Niblock go up and take the penalty himself?

First CJ, now Niblock. Who's next? Are you on some sort of grant for a "goalkeeper rotation scheme"?  :D
getting ready for the sevens, it's the 'fly nets' system
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: bloodybreakball on June 17, 2010, 03:50:37 PM
f**k feels like your gonna give me a bollicking now! i would say lamh dhearg are a quality team and a championship side, as shown by playing in those county finals, even if they were in div2 nt that long ago. the other one, probably without a lot of justification as they havent really beat portglenone or turned a team over in the championship yet, is st. brigids, even for the fact that they are competing in div 1 fairly well for a number of years, seem to be fairly well respected and seem to have good youth structures in place, which seems to mean that they should be able to maintain their senior status going forward

No, no, I wasn't setting you up for a bollicking BBB  :D. Just curious. Been to a few matches over the last couple of years but I get most of my info about Antrim football secondhand from workmates, so that makes me an expert  ;)

From what I hear Lamh Dhearg depend a lot on Paddy Cunningham. Lost their last two league matches, I presume while Paddy was nursing his sore ankle? Good work been done by St Brigid's alright but it'll be a couple years before they are a heavy hitter maybe? See, I'm being as respectful as I can   :)

Forget about St Gall's and Cargin, the smart (outside) money is on St John's this year  ;)

SambaSaffron

Heard the county had a challenge game yesterday. Anyone know who with and how it went?

Ron Burgundy

Quote from: SambaSaffron on June 21, 2010, 01:28:32 PM
Heard the county had a challenge game yesterday. Anyone know who with and how it went?

They played Offaly, not sure were it was at put i know that they stuffed them.  Antrim were beating them 3-9 to 0-1 at half-time, i assume there was a strong breeze. . . That is all i know Samba but its from an excellent source.
"I'm kind of a big deal"

SambaSaffron

Good man, aye I heard it was v Offaly in Dundalk.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on June 17, 2010, 11:35:01 PM
Quote from: bloodybreakball on June 17, 2010, 03:50:37 PM
f**k feels like your gonna give me a bollicking now! i would say lamh dhearg are a quality team and a championship side, as shown by playing in those county finals, even if they were in div2 nt that long ago. the other one, probably without a lot of justification as they havent really beat portglenone or turned a team over in the championship yet, is st. brigids, even for the fact that they are competing in div 1 fairly well for a number of years, seem to be fairly well respected and seem to have good youth structures in place, which seems to mean that they should be able to maintain their senior status going forward

No, no, I wasn't setting you up for a bollicking BBB  :D. Just curious. Been to a few matches over the last couple of years but I get most of my info about Antrim football secondhand from workmates, so that makes me an expert  ;)

From what I hear Lamh Dhearg depend a lot on Paddy Cunningham. Lost their last two league matches, I presume while Paddy was nursing his sore ankle? Good work been done by St Brigid's alright but it'll be a couple years before they are a heavy hitter maybe? See, I'm being as respectful as I can   :)

Forget about St Gall's and Cargin, the smart (outside) money is on St John's this year  ;)

you'll get a good price for that, get your money on early though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 21, 2010, 10:34:10 PM
Quote from: OverThePostsAWide on June 17, 2010, 11:35:01 PM

you'll get a good price for that, get your money on early though

Second thoughts now if what I heard about your match with the Johnnies is correct. Three sent off?  :o

If the Johnnies are still getting up to that craic then they haven't a hope with 6 extra pairs of eyes watching them in championship.

C'mon spill the beans Milltown! Straight reds? Who walked? And to think all you had to say was that "Kevin Niblock was outstanding in nets"...  ::)

NAG1

Whats the story there MR2 is there no sub keeper on the panel?

Milltown Row2

we have three senior teams playing at the same time, organising 50 players (allowing for subs) is a hard task. the seniors were missing a load, Sub keeper off to the states, Kerr injured and Niblock stepped in.

two Johnnies men and a St Galls lad sent off. Johnnies will always try like Fook against us, loads of history but with the team we had out I'd say we were happy to win.

At our annual dinner on Friday night. Thomas Niblock (BBC) was doing the presenting and asked Terry O'Neill.... All Ireland Club final or beating St Johns? do i need to answer this?

Minder

The moderator(s) let down a very good site, pricks.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

That is ridiculous but unsurprising.

The moderator who writes the replies, and I'm pretty sure he reads here, needs to wise up.

If so much of the posts on the guestbook annoy him then just do away with the bloody guestbook. He's just making himself look like a twat.

Gold

He's an absolute ballbag

There has been talk of postponing the county game due to Earley's da dying --that would be a disgrace

John Devine's da died on the eve of the AI Final but the match went ahead. Earley Snr was a Ross man. Sad as it is the game has to go ahead and its for Earley Jnr if he wants to play or not.

I'm sure his da would want the game to go on. I know if i went i would never want any games cancelled (not that they would be!)
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

bannside

Of course the moderaters of the county site  are on here. A little bit of power goes to their heads. "Martin" seems like a typical genuine lad who wants to go to support his county, yet he gets both barrels.

Id say they think they are being clever, a cut above the rest of us. Not nice, but their day will come and go, and soon enough they will be a "joe soap" too.

Unless of course they have aspirations to become fat cats at provincial or national level.

Having a laugh at the expense of ordinary decent people who put them there in the first place.