Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Moneyglass 2-14 Cargin 0-15

I'd say that's the first time in a long long time Moneyglass have beaten Cargin.

SambaSaffron

10 years. Cargin had all the county men, with the exception of Crozier who went on and then off again, on the field by the end of the game.

Milltown Row2

i'd have asked for my 3 quid back after that performance!!! Moneyglass for the antrim championship ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffron sam2

First flights booked for Boston. Kevin "Boxer" Bradley will not be happy. Wheels coming off I fear.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Minder

Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 04, 2010, 01:34:55 PM
First flights booked for Boston. Kevin "Boxer" Bradley will not be happy. Wheels coming off I fear.

The hurlers and footballers could charter a plane.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Atticus_Finch

When does the antrim championship start ?
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

imtommygunn

Not sure Atticus...

Big win for ahoghill over portglenone tonight. Be a good bit of rivalry there given the stinsons days...

Dunloy beat by 10 by Davitts. Dunloy mustn't be too strong this year...

Milltown Row2

Antrim Div 1 Football

St Brigids  4-18               3-9 Moneyglass  St. Brigids Round 5 
St. Galls  0-13                0-4 St. Pauls  St. Galls Round 5 
Cargin  2-10                 0-15 St. Johns  Cargin Round 5 
Lamh Dhearg  0-16       1-8 Creggan  Lamh Dhearg Round 5 
Portglenone  1-7          2-15 Ahoghill  Portglenone Round 5 

Antrim Div 2 Football

Rasharkin  1-11        0-4 Sarsfields  Rasharkin Round 5 
Glenavy  1-11          0-14 Gort Na Mona  Glenavy Round 5 
All Saints  2-7          2-9 Aghagallon  All Saints Round 5 
Aldergrove  0-9       1-8 Rossa  Aldergrove Round 5 
Davitts  3-10           2-3 Dunloy  Davitts Round 5 

Antrim Div 3 Football

Ardoyne  1-12        2-12 St. Endas  Ardoyne Round 9 
Glenravel  1-7         0-5 St. Galls 2 Glenravel Round 9 
Tir na Nog  2-12     0-5 St. Agnes  Tir na Nog Round 9 
Eire Og  2-7           1-17 St. Teresas  Eire Og Round 9 

Antrim Div 4 Football

Cargin 3 2-14         3-7 Ballycastle  Cargin Round 9 
Creggan 2 1-11      2-6 Portglenone 2 Creggan Round 9 
St. Pauls 2 1-12      2-3 Glenavy 2 St. Pauls Round 9 
St. Johns 2 3-15     0-5 Rasharkin 2 Corrigan Park Round 9 
O Donnells  3-8        1-9 St Brigids 2 O Donnells

the Johnnies still improving, Jimmy must have them flying this year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Who's their coach? Jimmy who?

1 point away to cargin is a vast improvement on previous years. Didn't think they had the players any more. I guess we will tell come c'ship...

Odd sequences of results in division 1. Would have expected moneyglass to run st brigids, wouldn't have expected lamh dhearg to beat creggan or ahoghill to beat portglenone but big wins for both. Creggan yet to build on their promise.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 05, 2010, 10:23:31 PM
Who's their coach? Jimmy who?

1 point away to cargin is a vast improvement on previous years. Didn't think they had the players any more. I guess we will tell come c'ship...

Odd sequences of results in division 1. Would have expected moneyglass to run st brigids, wouldn't have expected lamh dhearg to beat creggan or ahoghill to beat portglenone but big wins for both. Creggan yet to build on their promise.

Jimmy Wilson and John Kelly and Gerard Adams looking after them. aren't they?

pebble-dasher

The johnnies aren't a bad team the year, play good fast team football only dont get enough scores for all their possession.

Big big win for ahoghill last night and they should have beaten creggan last week.

Expected creggan to beat lamh dhearg. 

Every team really can beat every other team in the league bar st galls. 

Northern Light

Anyone who has seen St. John's play this season will testify to the fact that they are simply "thugs", surviving due to poor refereeing. Their behaviour, on the pitch,  is a disgrace to the Association. Little difference from last year, and the previous year. The only change is they rotate the "dirty" play, to ensure they don't have men sent off. Presumably their mentors spent the Winter  coaching this aspect of their game? In truth there's not a game of decent football in them, and their best "scoring" is the number of yellow cards.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Northern Light on May 09, 2010, 10:24:33 PM
Anyone who has seen St. John's play this season will testify to the fact that they are simply "thugs", surviving due to poor refereeing. Their behaviour, on the pitch,  is a disgrace to the Association. Little difference from last year, and the previous year. The only change is they rotate the "dirty" play, to ensure they don't have men sent off. Presumably their mentors spent the Winter  coaching this aspect of their game? In truth there's not a game of decent football in them, and their best "scoring" is the number of yellow cards.

being harsh there Northern Light. think the Johnnies have worked out that their past indiscipline has been their undoing and have in place a better system to insure they play the ball instead of the man!!

have not seen them play this year but by all accounts they have done well. Championships are won in September and this will be were all teams are judged.

Mhic Easmuint

Have played against them twice this year and I would also disagree with this statement. 

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on May 10, 2010, 02:48:09 PM

Have played against them twice this year and I would also disagree with this statement. 

your not surely still playing !! I thought the 6" Nail would have been out by this stage !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012