Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: ONeill on March 16, 2010, 05:32:43 PM
The very best wishes to the Galls tomorrow. They're a special outfit with a plethora of supremely talented players. There mightn't be a club side in the country that can keep possession the way this crowd can. Big game players with plenty of experience - they should have enough to do it. That's as long as they're prepared to do everything Killmurry attempt in terms of laying the body on the line for the club/cause. I can't see the Milltown men being found wanting in that respect either.

Great advert for their club, their county and for club football in general. I hope they show what they're capable of.

If they weren't playing a bit of ball they'd be glued out to the gills by midday on St Patrick's Day according to Heaney.

Agree 100%...except for the last bit about the glue obviously...

Good luck St Galls...hopefully the weather will be a bit better than 2006.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

gallsman

The very best of luck to all our lads playing tomorrow. It's crazy to think that people like Sean Kelly and Kevin McGourty have been playing senior football for ten years or more and still have a few to go before they hit thirty. An All-Ireland title would be a magnificent achievement for an Antrim club.

Over the last ten years, we've probably been one of the most consistent clubs in the country, certainly only surpassed in Ulster by Cross. The All-Ireland would make everything worthwhile and be a wonderful tribute to the work put in with both the senior and under-age teams over the last ten years by the likes of Mickey Culbert, John Rafferrty, Lenny Harbinson, Sean McGourty, Sean Kelly Snr, Paul Flanagan, Tony Earley, Jim McDaniel and Liam Stewart.

A skint little club with shag all facilities on the pinnacle of possessing the best football team in the country. The GAA continues to amaze and affirm itself as the dominant sporting organisation on this island.

Especially hope for big performances from the players I grew up with - CJ, Mark Kelly and Burky. I have no doubt the lads will do us all proud.

With the four provinces represented, crowd might be bigger than usual this year. Here's hoping for a fantastic day with a fitting conclusion!

imtommygunn

Magill is a massive loss. With no target man we could have a few problems. Still hopefully we manage something with the galls contingent back...

Gallagher to midfield and McCann to FF for the interim...

Milltown Row2

ok i've everything ready, flick knife, petrol can, lighter, evo stick, screwdriver (for the cars) and with a load of fake Euro's it should be a grand day!!!

i'd say 90% of the players that came through St Galls have went to College (doesn't mean they are smart) but there would't be to many lads that came from the 'Road'

Hope we win and don't care by how much or if we were to win with style! a point will do.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

haranguerer

Quote from: gallsman on March 16, 2010, 06:05:17 PM
A skint little club with shag all facilities on the pinnacle of possessing the best football team in the country. T

What difference does that make - sure isnt it an amateur game?  :P

Best of luck to St Galls, plenty of excellent individual players, but also very much a team.

I think they very much deserve AI success, and I have every confidence they will get it.

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on March 16, 2010, 08:35:59 PM
Milltown Row (not the poster) was cordoned off by the peelers yesterday afternoon. Anyone know why?

I heard someone broke into the changing rooms and did three quids worth of damage.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

tends to be a lot of drunks down there ;)

hope they don't come down tomorrow night!! i think there will be bodies laying all overhe place (win lose or draw)

room on the bus minder plus ticket if your interested
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Two Hands FFS

Good luck to St Galls tomorrow. Would love them to win it tomorrow. A remarkable achievement for a club to have to be playing AI Finals in 2 codes a month part. Was at the final in 2006....not going down incase I scud them again...plus I still have the cold from it  :-\

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2010, 09:42:24 PM
tends to be a lot of drunks down there ;)

hope they don't come down tomorrow night!! i think there will be bodies laying all overhe place (win lose or draw)

room on the bus minder plus ticket if your interested

Was gonna go down but will settle for the boozer and a bit of punting at Cheltenham, can't be any worse than today  :'( Will have to get a few quid on K.I. tomorrow to cover my bases as I did St Galls after they won Ulster. K.I. are 9/4 to lift the cup. Will be doing Ballyhale/St Galls double too.

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on March 16, 2010, 10:22:24 PM
I'm thinking of backing KIB myself. The odds on this are crazy imo.

Hope St. Gall's win of course.

They alright, if this was a Kerry team playing St Galls wouldn't be 1/3. K.I. are no mugs.

DoYerJob Linesman

Good luck St Galls from a Ballinderry man. Hopefully you'll experience the euphoria we did on 17-03-02 in Thurles.  You have the team to do it, and will never have a better chance.  Naomh Gall abu.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

under the bar

Best of Luck to St Galls from all of Tyrone.

Uladh AbĂș!!

bonaduche

best of luck st galls   
   from urney strabane and dunnyloop 

robertemmet

Best of luck to St gall's today.

slow corner back

Congratulations to st galls, fully deserved.