Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

The tunnel is there because the train runs above it....

Not sure of the ins and outs of it but you can't have cars going through to the other side of that tunnel as its a complete bottle neck, there is plenty of places to park the car, either in the actual carpark or the field besides the changing rooms, that just needs to be developed into a proper parking area.

Tunnel side at the bottom pitch there is plenty room to develop a covered stand of sorts with toilets

Maybe these things are in the pipeline I don't know, but if we have learned anything from Casement is that planning and paying isn't just as easy as saying what it needs.

What it has done (as Ive seen it) is using it for a lot of the development games and its perfect position just off the motorway, which suits Belfast, SW and North Antrim players.

There is no parking at Corrigan which is one area that needs the use of other places like the school nearby.

I'd say that it has a lot more potential 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NorthAntrim

Im not sure there would be enough room on the changing room side. But the slope on the far side could be made use of, terrace area with a cover is all thats needed

barnish oggie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 29, 2023, 12:27:45 PM
The tunnel is there because the train runs above it....

Not sure of the ins and outs of it but you can't have cars going through to the other side of that tunnel as its a complete bottle neck, there is plenty of places to park the car, either in the actual carpark or the field besides the changing rooms, that just needs to be developed into a proper parking area.

Tunnel side at the bottom pitch there is plenty room to develop a covered stand of sorts with toilets

Maybe these things are in the pipeline I don't know, but if we have learned anything from Casement is that planning and paying isn't just as easy as saying what it needs.

What it has done (as Ive seen it) is using it for a lot of the development games and its perfect position just off the motorway, which suits Belfast, SW and North Antrim players.

There is no parking at Corrigan which is one area that needs the use of other places like the school nearby.

I'd say that it has a lot more potential

Yes but a lot of that potential could have already have been wrapped up in the original design.

Pitches aren't cheap to install, so yes while development squads get good use of it, especially the hurlers as most are North Antrim based so it saves travelling to Belfast, i still think 2 pitches would have been sufficient and the money for the 3rd put into something like a terrace or to surface the car park.

The grass slope on the far side of pitch 1 would have been perfect for a concrete terrace.

I can't recall but are all 3 pitches floodlit? If so there is more money spent.

Having the changing rooms on the other side of the tunnel was an awful idea.

The company I worked for at the time tendered to build that changing room and as i live so close to Dunsilly they sent me to survey it before the pitches were open to the public.

And my first thought as soon as i walked the site was that it was a mistake to put the changing rooms there and that the 3 pitches would never get sufficient use and i still stick by that initial impression.

Hopefully some day they find the money to develop more and put it right but I can see any money for the foreseeable being ploughed into Casement and Dunsilly will sit as it is.

country bumpkin

We did purchase 12 acres of land a while back just a few hundred yards above the Randalstown roundabout on the Antrim road...

The plan was to develop into pitches....

Anybody know what happened.....I presume Antrim still own that land.....??

NorthAntrim

I think the back pitch was allocated to Antrim club. They played there at the start but seem to be back into the centre of antrim lately. Not sure the reason. The two back pitches arent full size either. And i think only one pitch is fully floodlit at the minute

BelSaft

Fixtures probably be out tonight?
Could they run double headers? Can't really run 4 along with the intermediate all the same?

Cargin v Aghagallon = Cargin win by 9
LD V Dunloy = LD win by 4
Portglenone v Creggan = PG1 by 3
Rossa v St Brigid's = St Brigid's win by 1

Semis

LD/PG1
Cargin/NB

Quote from: Caesar on August 29, 2023, 12:07:32 PM
My predictions for the next round:

Cargin v Aghagallon = Cargin win by 7
LD V Dunloy = LD win by 4
Portglenone v Creggan = Creggan win by 4
Rossa v St Brigid's = St Brigid's win by 6

NorthAntrim

Cargin by 5
LD By 2
Creggan by 1
St Brigids by 4

Glenravel by 5
Aldergrove by 7
All Saints by 3
Sarsfields by 1

Dunsilly King

Quote from: NorthAntrim on August 29, 2023, 04:20:18 PM
Cargin by 5
LD By 2
Creggan by 1
St Brigids by 4

Glenravel by 5
Aldergrove by 7
All Saints by 3
Sarsfields by 1

After that performance at the weekend I am not to optimistic. We have a lot of improving to do to get pass Casements.

country bumpkin

CCC did meet last evening 28th, but championship dates/venues still a guarded secret.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on August 29, 2023, 09:32:33 PM
CCC did meet last evening 28th, but championship dates/venues still a guarded secret.

Sure they are home venues for those that topped their groups......
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BelSaft

Is that not only Intermediate MR2?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BelSaft on August 29, 2023, 10:15:01 PM
Is that not only Intermediate MR2?

I'm having a chuckle  ;D

Yes all neutral venues for senior like last year

InnocentByStander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 29, 2023, 09:35:18 PM

Jesus oh you got to watch what you say on here , got to fact check everything before posting.

Maybe we should not let you forget about some of the misatkes you make  :o :o

Bita crack MR2 Don't take it to heart  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: InnocentByStander on August 30, 2023, 10:53:19 AM

Jesus oh you got to watch what you say on here , got to fact check everything before posting.

Trust me, any mistakes that I make (and there will be) I'm properly informed multiple times by multiple people around the ground in not so nice language.

So CB is getting a light touch ;)

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 30, 2023, 11:05:18 AM
Quote from: InnocentByStander on August 30, 2023, 10:53:19 AM

Trust me, any mistakes that I make (and there will be) I'm properly informed multiple times by multiple people around the ground in not so nice language.

So CB is getting a light touch ;)

Saying nathin...